Zone1 Greetings from Moscow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry. I do understand that it's not the thread for political discussions, and I'm not going to discuss those topics here. Just allow me to introduce myself one more time.

Hi there!
My name is Mike, I'm from Moscow. I'm a human being just like you. I'm not a zombie, controlled by the evil will of a mighty sorcerer, I'm not an Ork, driven by the collective psychofield of Waaargh, I'm not a brainwashed goon, undoubtedly following orders of a mad dictator. Neither is anyone I know. We do what we believe is necessary to be done.
And while there can be different ways to achieve the goal of equal rights and undivided safety, most of us agree, that those goals should be achieved, at least because those goals are vital for the Russian people and, therefore - for the whole world (after all, we don't need the world without Russia, do we?)

Anyway, I'm here not to enlight anyone. I'm here for some nice conversations (and political talks are not nice), may be for some discussions about books and movies (mostly Sci-Fi). I'm rather reading man than writing, so, I beg your pardon if I disappointed you by not commenting some speculations about my, Putins, or anybody elses goals.

I'm sorry, but please, give me some time to learn more about this community and then, may be, we both will continue this conversation in the proper thread and proper manner.
Post 220 is an example of one of the worst far-right nut jobs on here. Be prepared.

You say that, but what you've been posting here is a classic Exhibit #1 of a brainwashed to the hilt Russian Federation citizen.

You have a very naive understanding of the propaganda's effect in repressive countries on people's attitudes and thoughts. It's potency is not magical, it's very real.
But the propaganda is most effective when it based on reality and actual needs of people. The best lie consists of the truth. Truth, only truth, but not all the truth, as you know.

Overwhelming numbers of Germans believed that their bloody invasions were well justified and it took A GENERATION for the coutry to trully and fully internalize the guilt for devastation and misery they have caused.
And it took only few generations more to forget about their guilt and returned to their usual aggressive policy. The Europeans always do it. Once or twice a century (since the first Northern Crusades) they stick together and going Eastward to be beaten.
They attacked Novgorod Republic, they attacked the Grand Duchy of Moscow, they attacked Russian empire, they attacked Soviet Union and they attacked Russian Federation. Its not about us, it is about them. Right now we see German tanks on the Russian soil. It's reality. And, therefore, there will be Russian tanks on the German territory.
Just like you, they never thought themselves zombified...but in fact most of them were, just as most of Russians are today.
We all are products of our environment. Parents, neighbors, school teachers, movies, TV-shows, internet discussions, etc...
I hope that taking conversations at this forum will give me something new (at least - better English and deeper understanding of American culture). We are human beings we can adapt and change ourselves.

Are you guys going to blow us up this year? :)

Hi, Freedomisneverfree . I'm Mike from Moscow and I definitely not an expert in military questions. As far as I know, we are not going to attack civilian American targets without really serious need. The basic scenario, is a "special operation of the deterrence forces", in the forms of "de-escalation strikes" and "pre-start interception" with "minimisation of collateral damage" and further "coercition into peace at the best terms acceptable for the Russian Federation".
Sure, the things might turns ugly swiftly nowadays, but I don't think that it will happen this year. I might be wrong, but it seems to me that you Americans are pretty sober-thinking and practical persons. You are not going to do something extremely provocative.

How so? Zelensky said it was only 31000. Don't you believe your friend anymore? He's also a Jew and he can't be a Nazi, remember?

Estimates for Ukrainian deaths are:

11,000 civilians killed. 11,000 "missing".
Between 24,500 soldiers and 70,000 killed.

Then you had 3,400 dead before the invasion, about 4,400 soldiers killed.

That's a lot of people that Russia is killing. Especially when it claims it's not actually at war with these people but keeps throwing missiles at them.

Privyet... kak dila? I'm a Texan but I lived and worked for BP in Moscow and Nizhnevartovsk for 4 years. Like this shithole, I loved the people, and hated the corrupt govt. I got crosswise with Roztechnadsdor (sp?) and FSB issued a warrant for my arrest. I eventually was snuck out of the country after BP paid $100K in bribes.

I married a Russian woman and adopted her daughter. It took a year to pull then out of mother Russia after I was forced to flee, but we're all happy in Texas now. Best thing I ever did.

Is the country still fucked up? Is the mafia still more trustworthy than the government? I miss the people over there... but I can never return. :icon_cry:

View attachment 938136
You bastards have always been pampered in the USSR and I'm afraid even now in Russia, yet you come home and from behind the fence start throwing shit on people who were kind and friendly to you. What's wrong with you, ungrateful sons of bitches?

That's a lot of people that Russia is killing. Especially when it claims it's not actually at war with these people but keeps throwing missiles at them.
Again, why does your memory never serves you right when you always fail to remember those 14000 mostly civilians of Donbas region killed during those "peaceful" after 2014 coup years? It was provoked, despite what you're told to believe and the 14000 were among the main reasons to bring Ukies back to their relative prior saneness.

Again, why does your memory never serves you right when you always fail to remember those 14000 mostly civilians of Donbas region killed during those "peaceful" after 2014 coup years? It was provoked, despite what you're told to believe and the 14000 were among the main reasons to bring Ukies back to their relative prior saneness.

Right, I learned about this from the Chinese when they implied that they would only go to war if they were "provoked", but "provocation" could literally be anything like "that part of your country is now ours, we re-drew our maps to include your country, and our histories have gone back and fabricated this document that proves that a Chinese dude once went to that part of your country, so it's ours and we want it 'back'"

I'm sure Putin's very adept at blaming others for having land he wants.

Just a moment ago you were saying hundreds of thousands. Some weird arithmetics that you're using here, don't you think?

Just a moment ago you were saying hundreds of thousands. Some weird arithmetics that you're using here, don't you think?

So, of all the things to talk about, this is the only one you can be bothered with?

Well, this looks like it's going to be another one of those shit conversations that never go anywhere. How boring.

So, of all the things to talk about, this is the only one you can be bothered with?

Well, this looks like it's going to be another one of those shit conversations that never go anywhere. How boring.
Show me any one of your conversations that made your opponent change his views and come over to your side? You can only expect that Anton or some other shit thrower may crawl from out of his Bandera hideout and throw some crap on the fan while the sane section of the forum keeps laughing at you and all wishing you go to hell and burn there forever. But it's kind of an entertainment and people come here and rip each other or at least think that they do a new one regularly anyway. What can you do?

Last edited:
They attacked Novgorod Republic, they attacked the Grand Duchy of Moscow, they attacked Russian empire, they attacked Soviet Union and they attacked Russian Federation. Its not about us, it is about them. Right now we see German tanks on the Russian soil. It's reality. And, therefore, there will be Russian tanks on the German territory
A nas-to za chto? A wandering Russian mind cries in the wilderness and can't find an answer.

A nas-to za chto?
Really???!!! You bastards are amazing, you really are. Просто пиздец, нет английских слов.
Remember that anecdote about an Ukro conscript who told his mamo to write straight to the internment camp when asked about where to send her letters to? I bet in your universe it's you who told that anecdote first and it was a Russian conscript that you were laughing your asses off about.

Last edited:
But the propaganda is most effective when it based on reality and actual needs of people. The best lie consists of the truth. Truth, only truth, but not all the truth, as you know.

And it took only few generations more to forget about their guilt and returned to their usual aggressive policy. The Europeans always do it. Once or twice a century (since the first Northern Crusades) they stick together and going Eastward to be beaten.
They attacked Novgorod Republic, they attacked the Grand Duchy of Moscow, they attacked Russian empire, they attacked Soviet Union and they attacked Russian Federation. Its not about us, it is about them. Right now we see German tanks on the Russian soil. It's reality. And, therefore, there will be Russian tanks on the German territory.

We all are products of our environment. Parents, neighbors, school teachers, movies, TV-shows, internet discussions, etc...
I hope that taking conversations at this forum will give me something new (at least - better English and deeper understanding of American culture). We are human beings we can adapt and change ourselves.
Yep, pumped of bs to the hilt.

A nas-to za chto? A wandering Russian mind cries in the wilderness and can't find an answer.
Yep, aggressor’s victimhood themes are similar to those of Nazi Germany.

Sorry those numbers are nonsense.

Death toll since the start of the full scale war is much much higher and is well into hundreds of thousands.

How many died in Donbas in three years before Russian invasion? 20 a year? This is what think was worth starting a full scale war over? You are out of your mind.

Anyway mods were clear - this thread is only for hi’s

So hello citizen of Russia, welcome to a society that thinks you are a modern day brainwashed fascist.

Sorry those numbers are nonsense.

Death toll since the start of the full scale war is much much higher and is well into hundreds of thousands.
Mama mia, hold me tight the seven of you, as Russians sometimes say. Turns out you're not as crazy as you most of the time seem to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back