GRIM MILESTONE: More than 100 million working-age Americans do not have jobs

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Show us all the charts and graphs you can. It still does not explain why so many working-capable people are out of work.

When you add the number of working age Americans that are “officially unemployed” (7.4 million) to the number of working age Americans that are considered to be “not in the labor force” (an all-time record high of 94.7 million), you get a grand total of 102.1 million working age Americans that do not have a job right now.

This is not a game.

The full story @ Doug Ross @ Journal: GRIM MILESTONE: More than 100 million working-age Americans do not have jobs

I will freely admit, I am not on SSI but was laid off, fired, terminated, removed, downsized from a very large company. Last two years there I watched a steady purge of older workers disappear. I wish I could talk specifics but you know how internet stuff can end.

However, I have not given up. I may have 1mo contractor work from home to another state start next week. Sigh, that messes up UI lol!

We could have a 1million post thread how internet has screwed up job search.......you would think opposite right? Maybe I wrong?

Show us all the charts and graphs you can. It still does not explain why so many working-capable people are out of work.

When you add the number of working age Americans that are “officially unemployed” (7.4 million) to the number of working age Americans that are considered to be “not in the labor force” (an all-time record high of 94.7 million), you get a grand total of 102.1 million working age Americans that do not have a job right now.

This is not a game.

The full story @ Doug Ross @ Journal: GRIM MILESTONE: More than 100 million working-age Americans do not have jobs

Snyder is an crackhead......

the 102 million includes EVERYONE over 16 and less than dead......

You should spend less time reading that idiot, and more time finding hiding places for your vital bodily fluids

But Obama just crowed about the 4.7 percent unemployment number and said how wonderful the economy is! Hmm let's see 100 million unemployed, population of US 322 million. If I divide 100/322 I get 31 percent.

I'd say it's time to re-calibrate this TOTAL LIE of a statistic and make it more closely reflect the shocking reality of our non-working population. No rational American believes it's 4.7%.

Hmm let's see 100 million unemployed, population of US 322 million. If I divide 100/322 I get 31 percent.
Why would you be interested in counting people who aren't looking for work like retirees, prisoners, full time students, and stay-at-home-parents as unemployed? I don't think anyone else tries to (it isn't what UE is attempting to measure) so that is probably a nice starting point if you're interested in why such a divergence between your 31% and official UE numbers.

I'm in my 40s and work capable but I'm not looking for work, just hanging around being a slacker. So that explains one of those 102 million.

Regardless I don't think reaching a new high for something like this is worthy of mentioning as a milestone, since I'd expect any country with an expanding population to continue reaching new highs for number of people not working even if the unemployment rate remained a constant.

So Longknife, the well known (on this site only) conservative tool posts another of the many con talking points:
This is not a game.

But.....Yes, it is a game. It is a conservative game that has been going on for years. It is the big lie, because it includes lots of the population who should not be looked at as needing or wanting jobs. Or, for many, having the capability to work. You can find the claim in over 100 bat shit crazy well financed web sites. But, if you dig out the BS, it is a very different story:
"Bloggers and pundits have said that 90 million Americans either aren’t working or aren’t looking for work. That’s a real number, but it includes high schoolers, college students and retirement-age Americans, leaving perhaps 20 million a better approximation."
None

So, the normal Con Tool BS, from a normal con tool troll. The question is why the number of unemployed are not good news to the troll, instead of a few more that do not choose to work is such a imagined problem to him. But then, that is normal.

Does anyone besides me object to clowns who lie and waste your time?

Hmm let's see 100 million unemployed, population of US 322 million. If I divide 100/322 I get 31 percent.
Why would you be interested in counting people who aren't looking for work like retirees, prisoners, full time students, and stay-at-home-parents as unemployed? I don't think anyone else tries to (it isn't what UE is attempting to measure) so that is probably a nice starting point if you're interested in why such a divergence between your 31% and official UE numbers.
Just normal for Longknife. He is a con troll.

I'm in my 40s and work capable but I'm not looking for work, just hanging around being a slacker. So that explains one of those 102 million.

Regardless I don't think reaching a new high for something like this is worthy of mentioning as a milestone, since I'd expect any country with an expanding population to continue reaching new highs for number of people not working even if the unemployment rate remained a constant.

Yeah. Me too. I am retired. But to longknife, I guess I am news, though probably to him only.

But Obama just crowed about the 4.7 percent unemployment number and said how wonderful the economy is! Hmm let's see 100 million unemployed, population of US 322 million. If I divide 100/322 I get 31 percent.

I'd say it's time to re-calibrate this TOTAL LIE of a statistic and make it more closely reflect the shocking reality of our non-working population. No rational American believes it's 4.7%.

Well, someone is lying. Either you, the cbo, or the bls. My money is on you, dipshit.

This is not a game.

Snyder is an crackhead......

the 102 million includes EVERYONE over 16 and less than dead......

You should spend less time reading that idiot, and more time finding hiding places for your vital bodily fluids

But the boy is a tool. He is supposed to post what they tell him.

I will freely admit, I am not on SSI but was laid off, fired, terminated, removed, downsized from a very large company. Last two years there I watched a steady purge of older workers disappear. I wish I could talk specifics but you know how internet stuff can end.

However, I have not given up. I may have 1mo contractor work from home to another state start next week. Sigh, that messes up UI lol!

We could have a 1million post thread how internet has screwed up job search.......you would think opposite right? Maybe I wrong?

It's a tough racket out there. Age is discriminated against in corporate America but it is also unduly rewarded as a consultant. Find a way to monetize your smarts and skills and you'll never want a corporate job again. Good luck

Hang in there. My brother is a Navy Vet and says the same thing. He goes for a job it looks good then they pick some 23 year old who knows just about nothing.

I'd say that you are, as hard as it is to believe, an even bigger idiot than longknife....

This is not a game.

What are you calling "working age?" The numbers being used are age 16+.

And how many of that 100 million want to work? How many are disabled? what are these 100 million doing to get a job? I know, but do you?

This is not a game.

So Pinqy, being rational, asks:
What are you calling "working age?" The numbers being used are age 16+.

And how many of that 100 million want to work? How many are disabled? what are these 100 million doing to get a job? I know, but do you?

Nice job of putting the numbers in perspective. Sometimes is appears that people use the stupidest, simplest statistics to try to prove something they want themselves and others to believe. Thanks.
But I think Longknife knows he is a con, and was trying to make a point that the numbers actually do not make. And he got caught by your question. Probably in a different county now.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back