Group to fly Confederate flag; NAACP opposes

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Sep 26, 2007
Bridge, USS Enterprise
A Confederate heritage group confirmed Tuesday that it plans to fly a 10-by-15-foot Confederate flag along Interstate 95 just south of Richmond.

The flag will fly on a 50-foot pole, and will be visible from the northbound lane, said Susan Hathaway, founder of Virginia Flaggers, the group behind the flag. It’s tentatively scheduled to go up Sept. 28.

“Basically, the flag is being erected as a memor ial to the memory and the honor of the Confederate soldiers who sacrificed, bled and died to defend Virginia from invasion,” she said.

The state’s chapter of the NAACP is vocally opposing the move.
Confederate flag will fly along I-95 - Richmond Times-Dispatch: City Of Richmond
Of course they do.
But... so what?
Do they expect someone, like the state, to stop them?

Having the right to free speech means that, sometimes, people are going to say things you don't like. Put your big girl panties on and get over it.

Yeah. If a bunch of inbred, gap-toothed, third grade educated, welfare trailer park redneck hicks want to advertise their ignorance to the world, that's their right.

Last edited:
A Confederate heritage group confirmed Tuesday that it plans to fly a 10-by-15-foot Confederate flag along Interstate 95 just south of Richmond.

The flag will fly on a 50-foot pole, and will be visible from the northbound lane, said Susan Hathaway, founder of Virginia Flaggers, the group behind the flag. It’s tentatively scheduled to go up Sept. 28.

“Basically, the flag is being erected as a memor ial to the memory and the honor of the Confederate soldiers who sacrificed, bled and died to defend Virginia from invasion,” she said.

The state’s chapter of the NAACP is vocally opposing the move.
Confederate flag will fly along I-95 - Richmond Times-Dispatch: City Of Richmond
Of course they do.
But... so what?
Do they expect someone, like the state, to stop them?

Having the right to free speech means that, sometimes, people are going to say things you don't like. Put your big girl panties on and get over it.

Most progressives have egos way to fragile to handle free speech for those they disagree with.

Good
I am offended by the gay flag
But I don't oppose the pole smokers and carpet munchers flying it
It's a free country
For the moment

"Ad homs - final refuge of those with nothing worthwhile to say."

Yeah. If a bunch of inbred, gap-toothed, third grade educated, welfare trailer park redneck hicks want to advertise their ignorance the working commuters, that's their right.
Ad homs - final refuge of those with nothing worthwhile to say.

The Confederate flag represents a State that wanted to maintain slavery, there are things that could be said but no one is smart enough to say them resorting to ignorant childish rants instead.

Yeah. If a bunch of inbred, gap-toothed, third grade educated, welfare trailer park redneck hicks want to advertise their ignorance the working commuters, that's their right.
Ad homs - final refuge of those with nothing worthwhile to say.
The Confederate flag represents a State that wanted to maintain slavery, there are things that could be said but no one is smart enough to say them resorting to ignorant childish rants instead.
I don't care that the NAACP disagrees - they have as much right to voice their offense at the flying of the flag as the people have to fly it - I'm simply amused at the idea that the NAACP thinks we should care what they think.

Like I said: So what?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I'm going to quote you on that.
Thanks!
Good to see you did not disagree with me.
I'm going to be busy for YEARS using that quote! :lol:
Just exercising my free speech and reflecting the ad homs which preceded mine. Turnabout sucks, dunnit?
Hey, how about this: Confederate flags - final refuge of sore losers who miss slavery
I thank you for your continued proof of my point.

Thanks!

Just exercising my free speech and reflecting the ad homs which preceded mine. Turnabout sucks, dunnit?

Hey, how about this: Confederate flags - final refuge of sore losers who miss slavery

In other words you have nothing. You simply are not smart enough to post something to attack the Confederate flag except lies and fabrications. Got it.

Thanks!

The first person I suggest you use it on is...you.

Funny how, as you try to deflect from your own ad hominum, you have forgotten to quote yourself.

The flag is on private property, it is protected speech..g5000 and the NAACP's speech is also protected, but impotent.

:lol:

Looks like I touched a nerve or two, or three. :lol:

Yeeeeeeeee-HAW!

Forum List

Back