Group to fly Confederate flag; NAACP opposes

It's all or none in the United States, if you have one, you have to have all, you can't pick and choose. Just like the religion in schools debate. Sure, I would love for Christianity to be taught in our schools, but I know that you can't have one without all and we all know that is impossible to do.

:lol:

Looks like I touched a nerve or two, or three. :lol:

Yeeeeeeeee-HAW!

Wow, you are totally amazing!

Way to go!

You touch a nerve by insulting people!

How did you learn to do that!!!

You should write a how-to manual!!!

/sarcasm

Yeah. If a bunch of inbred, gap-toothed, third grade educated, welfare trailer park redneck hicks want to advertise their ignorance to the world, that's their right.

If a gaggle of sissified yankees with more education than brains wants to have a good cry about it, let 'em go for it.

A Confederate heritage group confirmed Tuesday that it plans to fly a 10-by-15-foot Confederate flag along Interstate 95 just south of Richmond.

The flag will fly on a 50-foot pole, and will be visible from the northbound lane, said Susan Hathaway, founder of Virginia Flaggers, the group behind the flag. It’s tentatively scheduled to go up Sept. 28.

“Basically, the flag is being erected as a memor ial to the memory and the honor of the Confederate soldiers who sacrificed, bled and died to defend Virginia from invasion,” she said.

The state’s chapter of the NAACP is vocally opposing the move.
Confederate flag will fly along I-95 - Richmond Times-Dispatch: City Of Richmond
Of course they do.
But... so what?
Do they expect someone, like the state, to stop them?

Having the right to free speech means that, sometimes, people are going to say things you don't like. Put your big girl panties on and get over it.

Why don't you tell the flag wavers to get over it like you do the blacks with slavery?:lol:

Yeah. If a bunch of inbred, gap-toothed, third grade educated, welfare trailer park redneck hicks want to advertise their ignorance the working commuters, that's their right.
Ad homs - final refuge of those with nothing worthwhile to say.

The Confederate flag represents a State that wanted to maintain slavery, there are things that could be said but no one is smart enough to say them resorting to ignorant childish rants instead.

Are you an idiot? Are you one of the idiots who thinks the Civil War was fought over slavery?

Why don't you tell the flag wavers to get over it like you do the blacks with slavery?:lol:

Hey, it's not the same. If not for slavery those blacks (other than Obama and a few others) would still be over there starving on subsistance farming while their corrupt leaders sold their natl resources. That flag is our PROUD HERITAGE of our forefathers' wisdom in importing millions of Africans who have run us out of our own cities, and starting a civil war that destroyed out economies for over 100 year. I say fly it loud and proud. LOL

Ad homs - final refuge of those with nothing worthwhile to say.

The Confederate flag represents a State that wanted to maintain slavery, there are things that could be said but no one is smart enough to say them resorting to ignorant childish rants instead.

Are you an idiot? Are you one of the idiots who thinks the Civil War was fought over slavery?

You appear to be one of those third grade educated ignoramuses who thinks it was not.

Declarations of Causes of Secession:

Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world.

Are you going to believe the rebels themselves, or your revisionist deluded mind?

Slavery is mentioned 82 times in the four declarations.

Last edited:
It must be a wonderful talent to be able to "know" what flying the confederate flag means to those with whom you have never met, don't know at all, and will never know.

You see they are celebrating the bravery of soldiers who fought and died for the tenth amendment. You, in your infinite wisdom, have decided that they are truly flying it for completely different reasons.

To me that flag represents state's rights and those that fought, on both sides, not the issue of slavery. I wonder why your omniscience missed my view. Maybe you really don't know what you believe you know?

It must be a wonderful talent to be able to "know" what flying the confederate flag means to those with whom you have never met, don't know at all, and will never know.

You see they are celebrating the bravery of soldiers who fought and died for the tenth amendment. You, in your infinite wisdom, have decided that they are truly flying it for completely different reasons.

To me that flag represents state's rights and those that fought, on both sides, not the issue of slavery. I wonder why your omniscience missed my view. Maybe you really don't know what you believe you know?

Yeah it's called reading.

I lived in the Deep South. Even married into a family with some old Klan ties. I know all about Confederates. Don't fool yourself into believing I'm stupid enough to think Confederates as a general rule don't rant about negroes on a regular basis.

Too many of them made the mistake of espousing their racist bullshit around me. I can repeat their racist jokes for hours, if you like. I know exactly what they are about.

Up there on the Alabama/Georgia state line, at the first rest area inside the Alabama state line, there' a rock that says "We Dare Defend Our Rights". I always picture George Wallace in the schoolhouse door when I read that.

Last edited:
QUOTE]

yet, the same applies to you as well. You have a first amendment right, and are free to use that in a manner that is rationally offensive to others. You have const right to be a boor. I and others do as well. It's a price we pay for liberty. Some of us attempt civility and manners, and a precious few succeed.

[
I lived in the Deep South. Even married into a family with some old Klan ties. I know all about Confederates. Don't fool yourself into believing I'm stupid enough to think Confederates as a general rule don't rant about negroes on a regular basis.

Too many of them made the mistake of espousing their racist bullshit around me. I can repeat their racist jokes for hours, if you like. I know exactly what they are about.

Up there on the Alabama/Georgia state line, at the first rest area inside the Alabama state line, there' a rock that says "We Dare Defend Our Rights". I always picture George Wallace on the courthouse steps when I read that.

My Miss state flag STILL has the stars and bars. I joke around privately, but that still seems wierd.

Uh, this thread isn't about the Civil War...it is about a groups LEGAL RIGHT to fly a flag.

Anyone have a LEGAL objection to flying any flag of any size on private property?

If not, the NAACP can blow it out their ass.

It's Virginia....too stupid to fly the REAL Virginia Confederate flag.

When I told my future ex-wife we were moving from Alabama to Virginia, she began crying and called all her family to tell them I was taking her to "Yankee territory".

Not the brightest candle in the box. I had to inform her where the capital of the Confederacy was from 1861 to 1865.

Last edited:
Uh, this thread isn't about the Civil War...it is about a groups LEGAL RIGHT to fly a flag.
Anyone have a LEGAL objection to flying any flag of any size on private property?
The point, exactly.
Of course, it is offensive to the NAACP that you say such a thing. The horror!

Does the NAACP have the LEGAL RIGHT to say they don't like it?

If so, blow it out YOUR ass.

It's Virginia....too stupid to fly the REAL Virginia Confederate flag.

When I told my future ex-wife we were moving from Mississippi to Virginia, she began crying and called all her family to tell them I was taking her to "Yankee territory".

Not the brightest candle in the box. I had to inform her where the capital of the Confederacy was from 1861 to 1865.

And she was the best you could do. :lol:

You married her...that doesn't quite make you the sharpest tool in the shed, now does it.

Forum List

Back