Group to fly Confederate flag; NAACP opposes

so if you fly the confederate flag you get whatever you want as a result?

I want you to kiss my ass. Pucker up

Rebel_Flag.jpg

Isn't it odd that THAT flag, just like that, wasn't used during the Confederacy....but came later. The closest was the SQUARE battle flag and the Navy flag with light blue.

Why is that odd?

It came from the second national flag of the Confederacy...1863.

2national.jpg

The 2nd National Flag of the Confederacy

So not the same, is it?

Yeah, they're going to honor the memory of fallen confederate soldiers who nobody alive today remembers. Does anyone (or everyone) else see a fallacy in that supposed logic?
Is it more or less fallacious than than clinging to the injustice that 150 years ago, people who no one alive today remembers, were slaves?
How so?

Recalling a state-sanctioned institutional injustice which legally allowed millions of people to be kept in a lifetime bondage and which stretched back further than our constitution at the time of the Civil War is fundamentally different that stating you remember the people involved.

It's also a pretty good reminder that people of any age are quite capable of rationalizing evil when it either personally benefits them in some way or when they believe it's God's will. That reminder serves to keep us humble.

Yeah, they're going to honor the memory of fallen confederate soldiers who nobody alive today remembers. Does anyone (or everyone) else see a fallacy in that supposed logic?

Kind of like building a slavery museum or memorial.

Idiot.

A museum commemorates the history of the events. A museum is also a place where you can either choose to go to and see what's there, or not go to see it.

The flag was a proud symbol of the Confederacy and everything it stood for, and flying it near I-95 kind of forces it on everyone who drives by. That makes it different.

It's Virginia....too stupid to fly the REAL Virginia Confederate flag.

When I told my future ex-wife we were moving from Alabama to Virginia, she began crying and called all her family to tell them I was taking her to "Yankee territory".

Not the brightest candle in the box. I had to inform her where the capital of the Confederacy was from 1861 to 1865.

You're the one that married her.

Cracker assholes just can't seem to let it go.

You fought a war to prove you were better than the slaves and lost.

Time to move on.

Yeah. If a bunch of inbred, gap-toothed, third grade educated, welfare trailer park redneck hicks want to advertise their ignorance to the world, that's their right.

Nice stereotype you malignant, liberal parasite. To hell with you and the racists at the NAACP.

Isn't it odd that THAT flag, just like that, wasn't used during the Confederacy....but came later. The closest was the SQUARE battle flag and the Navy flag with light blue.

Why is that odd?

It came from the second national flag of the Confederacy...1863.

2national.jpg

The 2nd National Flag of the Confederacy

So not the same, is it?

The field from the 1863 flag of the Confederacy became the symbol of the South.

So what is your point exactly?

Ad homs - final refuge of those with nothing worthwhile to say.
The Confederate flag represents a State that wanted to maintain slavery, there are things that could be said but no one is smart enough to say them resorting to ignorant childish rants instead.
I don't care that the NAACP disagrees - they have as much right to voice their offense at the flying of the flag as the people have to fly it - I'm simply amused at the idea that the NAACP thinks we should care what they think.

Like I said: So what?

why should we care what you think?

Cracker assholes just can't seem to let it go.

You fought a war to prove you were better than the slaves and lost.

Time to move on.

Go clean a toilet with your head. What an uneducated, black thing to say. I assume you're black by your racist use of the word cracker my ******.

We fly the US flag at many ceremonies to commemorate the dead. The whole point is to remember them so their sacrifice will not be forgotten.

I probably wouldn't have a problem with this at all if the flag was being flown at a Confederate cemetery. In that case, the men would have fought and died under that flag, so it would appropriate in such a case. But the Confederacy is no more. It should not be flown on American soil near a busy highway when there's no rationale for doing so other than to honor the Confederacy and what it stood for or to act as an intentional provocation.

The Confederate flag represents a State that wanted to maintain slavery, there are things that could be said but no one is smart enough to say them resorting to ignorant childish rants instead.
I don't care that the NAACP disagrees - they have as much right to voice their offense at the flying of the flag as the people have to fly it - I'm simply amused at the idea that the NAACP thinks we should care what they think.

Like I said: So what?

why should we care what you think?

why should we care what you write?

We fly the US flag at many ceremonies to commemorate the dead. The whole point is to remember them so their sacrifice will not be forgotten.

I probably wouldn't have a problem with this at all if the flag was being flown at a Confederate cemetery. In that case, the men would have fought and died under that flag, so it would appropriate in such a case. But the Confederacy is no more. It should not be flown on American soil near a busy highway when there's no rationale for doing so other than to honor the Confederacy and what it stood for or to act as an intentional provocation.

they have all the right to do so as you have all the right to oppose it.

Forum List

Back