Group to fly Confederate flag; NAACP opposes

Last edited:
Yeah. If a bunch of inbred, gap-toothed, third grade educated, welfare trailer park redneck hicks want to advertise their ignorance the working commuters, that's their right.
Ad homs - final refuge of those with nothing worthwhile to say.

The Confederate flag represents a State that wanted to maintain slavery, there are things that could be said but no one is smart enough to say them resorting to ignorant childish rants instead.

The Confederate flag now represents southern pride.

COLUMBIA, S.C. — A black college student who drew complaints for displaying a Confederate flag in his dorm room window said he sees the banner as a symbol of Southern pride and not racism.

Black Student Defends Confederate Flag | Breaking News for Black America

The Nathan Bedford Forrest Memorial has stood along side I 40, I believe, (it may be I 65) in Nashville for some years now. It is privately owned and maintained.

Ad homs - final refuge of those with nothing worthwhile to say.

The Confederate flag represents a State that wanted to maintain slavery, there are things that could be said but no one is smart enough to say them resorting to ignorant childish rants instead.

COLUMBIA, S.C. — A black college student who drew complaints for displaying a Confederate flag in his dorm room window said he sees the banner as a symbol of Southern pride and not racism.

What kind of pride would that be, exactly? Honest question.

^^^^^^Irony^^^^^^^

Say what you want about the south. Nobody retires and moves up north.

I have something good to say!

We have passed post 100, and no one has been called a racist.

(Unless I missed it.)

:thup:

We look at the Confederate Flag and we are to think slavery?

Using that logic - we look at the American Flag and we're to see murdering babies, millions of them annually, by abortion?

Silly Libs.

Calm the fuck down before you blow a gasket.

Too bad people that fly that flag cannot be shot for treason. The South lost and it will never ever rise again thankfully. What that flag stands for is slavery and the lifestyle it afforded those that believed in it.

Too bad people that fly that flag cannot be shot for treason. The South lost and it will never ever rise again thankfully. What that flag stands for is slavery and the lifestyle it afforded those that believed in it.

because every southerner owned slaves and profited from an institution that originated in black Africa

to be fair, most confederate soldiers fought so the blacks would not be free and have the same rights to compete economically against them. Not because they wanted to keep slaves. Most didn't have any to begin with. The rich guys had slaves. That's not much different from the Irish fighting for the North.

They also viewed the constitution as conveying far fewer powers to the fed, v. the state, govts. For example, the notion that the feds could increase the price of plows by inacting tarrifs and allowing the Nothern manufacturers to exert a oligarch market was not something they thought proper. There's certainly some legit heritage view to that.

However, the flag became the symbol of racism long ago. It's a little late to decide it's time to reclaim the honor. That would have been in the 20s, when the Klan was marching openly with the stars and bars held high.

You have the right to carry the thing. Enjoy.

because every southerner owned slaves and profited from an institution that originated in black Africa

Nope, just the rich ones.

The poor ones went to war and died to preserve the rich ones right to free labor and lives of luxury and indolence.

because every southerner that fought for the south supported a cause that enslaved people. No honor in that at all. Can someone tell me the honor in that?

Last edited:

^^^^^^Irony^^^^^^^

Several years ago I had the pleasure to represent a survivor of the Holocaust. He was a German born Jew who reached his adolescence during the war. He had been sent to various concentration camps during the war but ended up in Auschwitz.

What surprised me was that in detailing the historical events of WWII, he took evident pride in the early German conquests of most of Europe, even though he hated the Nazi’s. Very interesting guy, with a tatoo on his forearm and the whole shebang.

Nationalism has a strong allure for people even if the country is attacking them.

Would you support "the right" of some valedictorian to diss Christianity and Christians' belief in Jesus as the risen Son of God at a public school function?

They do it all the time. They praise Obama and push Gaea with the hokey AGW religion.

Freedom of speech, you of the left just can't abide civil liberties.

Odd you should say that in light of RNC Chairman Reince Priebus sending a letter to NBC in an effort to get them to shut down a production of a movie.

^^^^^^Irony^^^^^^^

Several years ago I had the pleasure to represent a survivor of the Holocaust. He was a German born Jew who reached his adolescence during the war. He had been sent to various concentration camps during the war but ended up in Auschwitz.

What surprised me was that in detailing the historical events of WWII, he took evident pride in the early German conquests of most of Europe, even though he hated the Nazi’s. Very interesting guy, with a tatoo on his forearm and the whole shebang.

Nationalism has a strong allure for people even if the country is attacking them.

I would simply call that confused. He actually smiled when talking about the Germans conquests? SMH!!

Forum List

Back