Group to fly Confederate flag; NAACP opposes

Yeah, they're going to honor the memory of fallen confederate soldiers who nobody alive today remembers. Does anyone (or everyone) else see a fallacy in that supposed logic?

We fly the US flag at many ceremonies to commemorate the dead. The whole point is to remember them so their sacrifice will not be forgotten.

I probably wouldn't have a problem with this at all if the flag was being flown at a Confederate cemetery. In that case, the men would have fought and died under that flag, so it would appropriate in such a case. But the Confederacy is no more. It should not be flown on American soil near a busy highway when there's no rationale for doing so other than to honor the Confederacy and what it stood for or to act as an intentional provocation.

Yeah, that pesky First Amendment...it should only protect the things I agree with!!!

/sarcasm

A peek inside the mind of liberals:

Burn an American flag...totally protected. :woohoo:

Fly a Confederate flag...intentionally provocative. :mad:

Last edited:
and the rest of the world has the right to ignore them

Exactly.

And Valedictorians have a right to say a prayer.

Freedom of speech, what a concept.....

Would you support "the right" of some valedictorian to diss Christianity and Christians' belief in Jesus as the risen Son of God at a public school function?

Cracker assholes just can't seem to let it go.

You fought a war to prove you were better than the slaves and lost.

Time to move on.

"You" ? The last confederate soldier died in the 50's, and please do not use the "c" word, it's very offensive.

You know whats fun. Go from this thread into the "Why cant blacks get over slavery?" thread and see how the same people take different positions. We can see here no one is encouraged to get over anything. Go there, blacks cant let it go :doubt:

You know whats fun. Go from this thread into the "Why cant blacks get over slavery?" thread and see how the same people take different positions. We can see here no one is encouraged to get over anything. Go there, blacks cant let it go :doubt:

What are you talking about?

Who is not over what?

The South lost the civil war.

Does that mean one can no longer have pride in Southern living and Southern tradition?

Who thinks slavery, in retrospect, was a fantastic idea and thinks we should return to that model?

Not I.

Not anyone I know.

Not anyone in this thread.

If I'm wrong, speak up now.

I generally don't like people from the North because they are assholes, they are like g5000, or they think they are somehow better than folks from the South.

You see it here every day.

Not Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania.

I mean New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut.

I generally don't like people from the North because they are assholes, they are like g5000, or they think they are somehow better than folks from the South.

The whole northeast is indeed a place I sincerely wish I lived in a seperate country from.
It's too bad we cannot give the region to Canada.

Last edited:

Why are you so divisive? You like dividing Americans into groups

what irony ^

I-75 and I-4 intersection:

It's HUGE!!

Attachments

• $110816111319_new-confederate-flag.jpg
    $110816111319_new-confederate-flag.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 46

I'm stating my opinion based on my experience.

Feel free to ignore it.

Would you support "the right" of some valedictorian to diss Christianity and Christians' belief in Jesus as the risen Son of God at a public school function?

They do it all the time. They praise Obama and push Gaea with the hokey AGW religion.

Freedom of speech, you of the left just can't abide civil liberties.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5mmFPyDK_8]THE BATTLE HYMN OF THE REPUBLIC - YouTube[/ame]

What are you talking about?

Who is not over what?

The South lost the civil war.

Does that mean one can no longer have pride in Southern living and Southern tradition?

Who thinks slavery, in retrospect, was a fantastic idea and thinks we should return to that model?

Not I.

Not anyone I know.

Not anyone in this thread.

If I'm wrong, speak up now.

The narrow-minded ones among us can only focus on the 'slavery' part of Dixie.
Never mind anything else.

And if they have to ask, "What else?" they'll never understand
:cool:

Forum List

Back