Group to fly Confederate flag; NAACP opposes

So let me get this straight, AssLips, MrClean, et.al.

I can be proud of my son who fought in Afghan/Iraq even though it wasn't a popular war.

I can pay homage to my dad because he served in Korea and Vietnam even though they were very unpopular in their time.

I can keep grandpa's flag in tribute to his service in WWII, regardless of how many Japanese we incinerated.

But as soon as I fly the flag that my great-great-uncle fought and died for I am automatically an inbred backwoods country-fuck redneck?

:eusa_hand:

Nope, just the rich ones.

The poor ones went to war and died to preserve the rich ones right to free labor and lives of luxury and indolence.

So, kind of like the way American soldiers go to war to keep Barack Obama taking hundred million dollar vacations and ensuring George Soros can run the lives of Americans like a giant game of The Sims?

I can be proud of my son who fought in Afghan/Iraq even though it wasn't a popular war.

I can pay homage to my dad because he served in Korea and Vietnam even though they were very unpopular in their time.

I can keep grandpa's flag in tribute to his service in WWII, regardless of how many Japanese we incinerated.

But as soon as I fly the flag that my great-great-uncle fought and died for I am automatically an inbred backwoods country-fuck redneck?

Now you're thinkin' like a Liberal !!!!
It's all about skin color....
+ rep'd !!

That doesnt make you an inbred backwoods country-fuck redneck at all. It makes you seem ignorant or at worst racist if you don't get that your relative fought to keep people enslaved and against the country you currently claim to be a citizen of. Whats honorable about someone fighting to support their belief that people should be enslaved and losing?

Last edited:
I would simply call that confused. He actually smiled when talking about the Germans conquests? SMH!!

Not really smiled... but his comments indicated a certain pride in the accomplishment and included such things as "we would have won the war if..."

Real interesting guy with a wealth of stories. His best friend was also at Auschwitz. A Gypsy from the Balkans, who had no such disguised pride for the Nazi conquests.

I don't know, I am not a Southerner by birth.

But that would be logical, wouldn't it be?

It would be nice to know what traditions they celebrate flying the Confederate flag which represents oppression, slavery, treason, and losing.

so far it seems like it was YOU who lost something.

and some others.

whining like sore losers on somebody's flag at some crossing you won't even pass.

I don't have a dog in a fight here, as I am not even American by birth.

Just seems strange this constant whining about something what was 155 years ago.
That elderly Auschwitz survivor is much more reasonable and therefore still alive and well.

I don't know, I am not a Southerner by birth.

But that would be logical, wouldn't it be?

It would be nice to know what traditions they celebrate flying the Confederate flag which represents oppression, slavery, treason, and losing.

and some others.

whining like sore losers on somebody's flag at some crossing you won't even pass.

Just seems strange this constant whining about something what was 155 years ago.
That elderly Auschwitz survivor is much more reasonable and therefore still alive and well.

Perhaps you missed my post about "more power to them" for flying the flag.

I'm asking what traditions and it appears you are very very touchy about that question. Why do you think that is?

I would simply call that confused. He actually smiled when talking about the Germans conquests? SMH!!

Not really smiled... but his comments indicated a certain pride in the accomplishment and included such things as "we would have won the war if..."

Real interesting guy with a wealth of stories. His best friend was also at Auschwitz. A Gypsy from the Balkans, who had no such disguised pride for the Nazi conquests.

I guess thats why that black kid last year was flying the confederate flag. Really interesting to me how the mind justifies things like that.

A Confederate heritage group confirmed Tuesday that it plans to fly a 10-by-15-foot Confederate flag along Interstate 95 just south of Richmond.

The flag will fly on a 50-foot pole, and will be visible from the northbound lane, said Susan Hathaway, founder of Virginia Flaggers, the group behind the flag. It’s tentatively scheduled to go up Sept. 28.

“Basically, the flag is being erected as a memor ial to the memory and the honor of the Confederate soldiers who sacrificed, bled and died to defend Virginia from invasion,” she said.

The state’s chapter of the NAACP is vocally opposing the move.
Confederate flag will fly along I-95 - Richmond Times-Dispatch: City Of Richmond
Of course they do.
But... so what?
Do they expect someone, like the state, to stop them?

Having the right to free speech means that, sometimes, people are going to say things you don't like. Put your big girl panties on and get over it.

It also means that people have the right to respond in opposition to what is being advocated.

It would seem the OP needs to be fitted for ‘big girl panties’ himself.

and some others.

Perhaps you missed my post about "more power to them" for flying the flag.

I'm asking what traditions and it appears you are very very touchy about that question. Why do you think that is?

it is you who have been touchy and sore.

you asked a question, supposedly an " honest one".

if people are attached to something that reminds them something, then they have some reasons for that.
yet you do not feel satisfied with an absolutely logical answer, that those are, obviously some local traditions.
you want somebody to answer you in a way that you already prepared in your mind - "because they are racist"? well that is your preconceived bias and racism in wanting that answer, that's it.
and nagging about it does not support the idea that you really think "more power to them", quite to the contrary.

That doesnt make you an inbred backwoods country-fuck redneck at all. It makes you seem ignorant or at worst racist if you don't get that your relative fought to keep people enslaved and against the country you currently claim to be a citizen of. Whats honorable about someone fighting to support their belief that people should be enslaved and losing?

*yawn*
This tired-ass narrow viewpoint again?

The South wanted to secede from the Union in much the same way that we, not too long before, had just done from the restraints of King George.

Lincoln flat out tells us that his ONLY concern was preserving the Union - REGARDLESS - of how many slaves were freed or held captive in the process.

It was funny to hear the panty-waists cry that "Bush's War" was "All about the Oil".
Got news for ya, Lippy.....Lincoln was the exact kind of Republican.
Only difference being is that "Lincoln's War" was "All about the Cotton, Citrus, Tobacco, and Atlantic and Gulf Ports".
His ONLY concern was to rule over as much real estate as he could.

THAT is what the majority of Southerners fought against, as that majority didn't own slaves or gave two shits about the issue of slavery.

Want a fun little scavenger hunt?
Check out the percentage of white-vs-black slave-owners in the Louisiana area
:eusa_shhh:

to be fair, most confederate soldiers fought so the blacks would not be free and have the same rights to compete economically against them. Not because they wanted to keep slaves. Most didn't have any to begin with. The rich guys had slaves. That's not much different from the Irish fighting for the North.

They also viewed the constitution as conveying far fewer powers to the fed, v. the state, govts. For example, the notion that the feds could increase the price of plows by inacting tarrifs and allowing the Nothern manufacturers to exert a oligarch market was not something they thought proper. There's certainly some legit heritage view to that.

However, the flag became the symbol of racism long ago. It's a little late to decide it's time to reclaim the honor. That would have been in the 20s, when the Klan was marching openly with the stars and bars held high.

You have the right to carry the thing. Enjoy.

I'll put that on my to do list as number 12,936.

Number one is "build a time machine".

Still working on that, so it may be awhile.

Traditions?

Like slavery?

Nice.

get over it.

Yes the confederates should get over it.

I couldn't care less who should get over what - it is a principle which serves a better life outcome.

getting over supposed victimization ( 150 years ago, for God's sake!!!) is good for the mind and body. Half the Europe had abolished slavery more or less the same time ( 1848 and 1861) yet they are not whining until NOW.

That Auschwitz survivor got it right.

Forum List

Back