Group to fly Confederate flag; NAACP opposes

Shot for flying a flag ? Wow dude, what a dick.

No... shot for promoting treason and slavery.

I sincerely doubt any of the people who fly the flag today want slavery to return. As for the claim of treason, I for one feel that any state wishing to secede should have that right.
In any case, I don't believe anyone should be shot for flying a flag, sounds pretty over the top draconian to me.
What would you do to someone who shoplifts, cut off their hand ?

If you doubt that you don't get out much. i for one feel you are wrong about any state leaving the Union. I concede I may have been over the top but I'm not going to sit there and pretend the people wanting to fly this flag are just remembering their relatives.

Yes the confederates should get over it.

I couldn't care less who should get over what - it is a principle which serves a better life outcome.

getting over supposed victimization ( 150 years ago, for God's sake!!!) is good for the mind and body. Half the Europe had abolished slavery more or less the same time ( 1848 and 1861) yet they are not whining until NOW.

That Auschwitz survivor got it right.

He still hates Nazis if thats what you mean by getting it right.

No, I did not mean that. He does not HATE anybody and does not let HATE destroy his soul, unlike you are doing with yours and others - " victims of slavery"

He is PROUD of Germany.

Unlike the citizens of the most powerful country in the world who are whining and bitching about slavery which happened to be more than 150 years ago and does not matter for anybody in 2013.

Get over that slavery thing.

Last edited:
That doesnt make you an inbred backwoods country-fuck redneck at all. It makes you seem ignorant or at worst racist if you don't get that your relative fought to keep people enslaved and against the country you currently claim to be a citizen of. Whats honorable about someone fighting to support their belief that people should be enslaved and losing?

*yawn*
This tired-ass narrow viewpoint again?

The South wanted to secede from the Union in much the same way that we, not too long before, had just done from the restraints of King George.

Lincoln flat out tells us that his ONLY concern was preserving the Union - REGARDLESS - of how many slaves were freed or held captive in the process.

It was funny to hear the panty-waists cry that "Bush's War" was "All about the Oil".
Got news for ya, Lippy.....Lincoln was the exact kind of Republican.
Only difference being is that "Lincoln's War" was "All about the Cotton, Citrus, Tobacco, and Atlantic and Gulf Ports".
His ONLY concern was to rule over as much real estate as he could.

THAT is what the majority of Southerners fought against, as that majority didn't own slaves or gave two shits about the issue of slavery.

Want a fun little scavenger hunt?
Check out the percentage of white-vs-black slave-owners in the Louisiana area
:eusa_shhh:

The South had no right to leave the Union and failed to do so by force of arms. get over your loss. A State still does not have the right to leave the Union Unilaterally. It requires the Permission of Congress.

I have no "loss" to get over.
My point was made a few short posts back.

As a Son of the Confederacy there is a bright red letter "R" painted on my blouse.
Meanwhile it's perfectly fine to pay homage to WWI, WWI, Korea, Vietnam, and Afghanistan and Iraq war veterans.

The silly thing is, apparently, you and others have yet to "get over" the Civil War...even though it happened further in the past than these other wars.

Question:
Would it be a good thing or bad thing to be proud of a Creek Indian ancestor that fought in the French-Indian War?
I mean, it's even older than the Civil War so it must be BAD right?!

Revolutionary War?

Bo, I know you are not stupid.

The South has it's own culture.

So does the Northeast, the Midwest, the West, the Northwest and California.

I know liberals have a hard time understanding that some folks take pride in their culture, mostly because the Northeast's culture sucks and California's has been supplanted.

That doesn't mean the rest of us, the farmers in the plain states, the cowboys culture of the Southwest, and the Southern culture of the deep south can't take pride in their traditions and heritage.

So...what ARE the traditions the Confederate flag represents?

yeah Missourian :eusa_eh: :eusa_whistle:

It's not something I can explain to you if you haven't lived it.

Southerners are friendly...

Not like in general, like, you are my friend until proven otherwise.

There are no strangers in the south.

We respect our elders and each other.

I'm 42 and I say 'Yes, sir' and "yes Ma'am" fifty times a day...and my folks don't live here...this is to other folks than family.

I open my wife's car door.

Things are slower here...the pace of life is slower.

Money isn't everything in the South.

Sometimes, it's time to go to the woods.

Family and heritage are extremely important.

I know my great-great grandparents names, professions, where they lived, where they are buried.

Great aunts and uncles.

Military service as well, super important.

I served, my brother served, my father served, my uncle on my mothers side was a navigator on a B-24 Liberator during WWII, two of my fathers brothers were Infantrymen in WWII. Three of my great-uncles served in WWI...and so on...

Religion is a staple of the South...we are the Bible belt.

In my town there are 60 churches and zero bars.

Life revolves around God, family and country...it's not a slogan, it's a lifestyle.

Want to know more...here you go...

A Primer on Understanding Southern Culture: Truths, Untruths and Stereotypes

Last edited:
Mississippi Declaration of Secession

A Declaration of the Immediate Causes which Induce and Justify the Secession of the State of Mississippi from the Federal Union

In the momentous step, which our State has taken of dissolving its connection with the government of which we so long formed a part, it is but just that we should declare the prominent reasons which have induced our course.

Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery - the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product, which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin.
I would be proud of that too if I was a member of Stormfront.

Must have took some deep digging to pull out Mississippi.
The last state in the country to ban slavery.

How many Northern slaves were freed by Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation?

I couldn't care less who should get over what - it is a principle which serves a better life outcome.

getting over supposed victimization ( 150 years ago, for God's sake!!!) is good for the mind and body. Half the Europe had abolished slavery more or less the same time ( 1848 and 1861) yet they are not whining until NOW.

That Auschwitz survivor got it right.

No, I did not mean that. He does not HATE anybody and does not let HATE destroy his soul, unlike you are doing with yours and others - " victims of slavery"

He is PROUD of Germany.

Unlike the citizens of the most powerful country in the world who are whining and bitching about slavery which happened to be more than 150 years ago and does not matter for anybody in 2013.

I think you may be wrong. Heres the quote right here.

What surprised me was that in detailing the historical events of WWII, he took evident pride in the early German conquests of most of Europe, even though he hated the Nazi’s.

I'm over the slavery thing. Are the confederates over losing the Civil War?

A Confederate heritage group confirmed Tuesday that it plans to fly a 10-by-15-foot Confederate flag along Interstate 95 just south of Richmond.

The flag will fly on a 50-foot pole, and will be visible from the northbound lane, said Susan Hathaway, founder of Virginia Flaggers, the group behind the flag. It’s tentatively scheduled to go up Sept. 28.

“Basically, the flag is being erected as a memor ial to the memory and the honor of the Confederate soldiers who sacrificed, bled and died to defend Virginia from invasion,” she said.

The state’s chapter of the NAACP is vocally opposing the move.
Confederate flag will fly along I-95 - Richmond Times-Dispatch: City Of Richmond
Of course they do.
But... so what?
Do they expect someone, like the state, to stop them?

Having the right to free speech means that, sometimes, people are going to say things you don't like. Put your big girl panties on and get over it.

Unless you know, its a black power flag. Then, there is a problem.

Too bad people that fly that flag cannot be shot for treason. The South lost and it will never ever rise again thankfully. What that flag stands for is slavery and the lifestyle it afforded those that believed in it.

Come try it.

We have more guns and are better shots
:lol:

He is PROUD of Germany.

What surprised me was that in detailing the historical events of WWII, he took evident pride in the early German conquests of most of Europe, even though he hated the Nazi’s.

hatED in a past tense.

Get over your slavery thing, because you obviously are not over. otherwise you couldn't care less about what confederates are doing somehere where they live and where you are not even near :rolleyes:

I know liberals have a hard time understanding that some folks take pride in their culture, mostly because the Northeast's culture sucks and California's has been supplanted.

That doesn't mean the rest of us, the farmers in the plain states, the cowboys culture of the Southwest, and the Southern culture of the deep south can't take pride in their traditions and heritage.

I'm 42 and I say 'Yes, sir' and "yes Ma'am" fifty times a day.

I know my great-great grandparents names, professions, where they lived, where they are buried.

Great aunts and uncles.

I served, my brother served, my father served, my uncle on my mothers side was a navigator on a B-24 Liberator during WWII, two of my fathers brothers were Infantrymen in WWII. Three of my great-uncles served in WWI...and so on...

Life revolves around God, family and country...it's not a slogan, it's a lifestyle.

Yes sir..no sir...I spent some time in Mississippi. I am retired military as well...didn't seem to matter. You see, I am black.... I have never seen shit like that before. I mean ever and I have traveled a lot. That state...at least where I was is extremely racist. It's easy to see things from your eyes...good for you. I am telling you from my eyes, its horrible.

Mississippi Declaration of Secession

A Declaration of the Immediate Causes which Induce and Justify the Secession of the State of Mississippi from the Federal Union

In the momentous step, which our State has taken of dissolving its connection with the government of which we so long formed a part, it is but just that we should declare the prominent reasons which have induced our course.

Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery - the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product, which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin.
I would be proud of that too if I was a member of Stormfront.

Must have took some deep digging to pull out Mississippi.
The last state in the country to ban slavery.

How many Northern slaves were freed by Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation?

No not really. It was the first one I found. Is this a quiz? Who cares how many were freed? I already said I know Lincoln did not free the slaves because he was so against it. Heres one that might let you know what your up against. Did it even free all the slaves in the South?

Too bad people that fly that flag cannot be shot for treason. The South lost and it will never ever rise again thankfully. What that flag stands for is slavery and the lifestyle it afforded those that believed in it.

Come try it.

Ain't that the truth...I was in the wood this morning hunting before the sun came up.

I got a .17 HMR single shot last year, and it puts meat on the table.

Come try it.

Don't you feel a little silly though..you are proud of one of the biggest mistakes this country was involved in? Slavery is something to be ashamed of and celebrating it seems dumb. Oh well, ya lost. Perhaps that is what you are proud of?

He is PROUD of Germany.

hatED in a past tense.

Get over your slavery thing, because you obviously are not over. otherwise you couldn't care less about what confederates are doing somehere where they live and where you are not even near :rolleyes:

No hated because the OP was talking in the past tense. Does that make sense? Trust I'm over the slavery thing. I do pretty well for myself and call my own shots. That doesnt mean I love people that are klan members. I do like laughing at them getting upset because people actually are against what they stand for. They are the ones that need to get over it. They lost. I didnt.

Come try it.

If you say so. it would take 15 of you to handle me. Thats pretty much the same odds the Klan favors before they are brave enough to confront a black male all by himself. :lol:

traditions, obviously.

Such as?

And that culture and tradition is? Still going round and round and NOT answering. Is it that hard?

Come try it.

If you say so. it would take 15 of you to handle me. Thats pretty much the same odds the Klan favors before they are brave enough to confront a black male all by himself. :lol:
It's not cool to talk about their families. :)

I'm 42 and I say 'Yes, sir' and "yes Ma'am" fifty times a day...and my folks don't live here...this is to other folks than family.

Great aunts and uncles.

What I have personally found is that Southerners are friendly....if you are visiting. They like your money. If they find out you are staying.....it gets cold and ugly.......fast.

Come try it.

Ain't that the truth...I was in the wood this morning hunting before the sun came up.

I got a .17 HMR single shot last year, and it puts meat on the table.

My cousins do that in Western NY. They never buy meat.

Forum List

Back