Group to fly Confederate flag; NAACP opposes

So let me get this straight, AssLips, MrClean, et.al.

I can be proud of my son who fought in Afghan/Iraq even though it wasn't a popular war.

I can pay homage to my dad because he served in Korea and Vietnam even though they were very unpopular in their time.

I can keep grandpa's flag in tribute to his service in WWII, regardless of how many Japanese we incinerated.

But as soon as I fly the flag that my great-great-uncle fought and died for I am automatically an inbred backwoods country-fuck redneck?

:eusa_hand:

That doesnt make you an inbred backwoods country-fuck redneck at all. It makes you seem ignorant or at worst racist if you don't get that your relative fought to keep people enslaved and against the country you currently claim to be a citizen of. Whats honorable about someone fighting to support their belief that people should be enslaved and losing?

*yawn*
This tired-ass narrow viewpoint again?

The South wanted to secede from the Union in much the same way that we, not too long before, had just done from the restraints of King George.

Lincoln flat out tells us that his ONLY concern was preserving the Union - REGARDLESS - of how many slaves were freed or held captive in the process.

It was funny to hear the panty-waists cry that "Bush's War" was "All about the Oil".
Got news for ya, Lippy.....Lincoln was the exact kind of Republican.
Only difference being is that "Lincoln's War" was "All about the Cotton, Citrus, Tobacco, and Atlantic and Gulf Ports".
His ONLY concern was to rule over as much real estate as he could.

THAT is what the majority of Southerners fought against, as that majority didn't own slaves or gave two shits about the issue of slavery.

Want a fun little scavenger hunt?
Check out the percentage of white-vs-black slave-owners in the Louisiana area
:eusa_shhh:

The South had no right to leave the Union and failed to do so by force of arms. get over your loss. A State still does not have the right to leave the Union Unilaterally. It requires the Permission of Congress.

So let me get this straight, AssLips, MrClean, et.al.

I can be proud of my son who fought in Afghan/Iraq even though it wasn't a popular war.

I can pay homage to my dad because he served in Korea and Vietnam even though they were very unpopular in their time.

I can keep grandpa's flag in tribute to his service in WWII, regardless of how many Japanese we incinerated.

But as soon as I fly the flag that my great-great-uncle fought and died for I am automatically an inbred backwoods country-fuck redneck?

:eusa_hand:

That doesnt make you an inbred backwoods country-fuck redneck at all. It makes you seem ignorant or at worst racist if you don't get that your relative fought to keep people enslaved and against the country you currently claim to be a citizen of. Whats honorable about someone fighting to support their belief that people should be enslaved and losing?

*yawn*

The South wanted to secede from the Union in much the same way that we, not too long before, had just done from the restraints of King George.

Lincoln flat out tells us that his ONLY concern was preserving the Union - REGARDLESS - of how many slaves were freed or held captive in the process.

It was funny to hear the panty-waists cry that "Bush's War" was "All about the Oil".
Only difference being is that "Lincoln's War" was "All about the Cotton, Citrus, Tobacco, and Atlantic and Gulf Ports".

THAT is what the majority of Southerners fought against, as that majority didn't own slaves or gave two shits about the issue of slavery.

Obviously you are not up on your southern heritage. The south fought to preserve their right to have slavery. Its in their Articles of Secession. I know that Lincolns main point was keeping the union together. I dont get what that has to do with the south fighting for slavery?

What kind of pride would that be, exactly? Honest question.

traditions, obviously.

Such as?

Bo, I know you are not stupid.

The South has it's own culture.

So does the Northeast, the Midwest, the West, the Northwest and California.

I know liberals have a hard time understanding that some folks take pride in their culture, mostly because the Northeast's culture sucks and California's has been supplanted.

That doesn't mean the rest of us, the farmers in the plain states, the cowboys culture of the Southwest, and the Southern culture of the deep south can't take pride in their traditions and heritage.

get over it.

Yes the confederates should get over it.

I couldn't care less who should get over what - it is a principle which serves a better life outcome.

getting over supposed victimization ( 150 years ago, for God's sake!!!) is good for the mind and body. Half the Europe had abolished slavery more or less the same time ( 1848 and 1861) yet they are not whining until NOW.

That Auschwitz survivor got it right.

He still hates Nazis if thats what you mean by getting it right.

Mississippi Declaration of Secession

A Declaration of the Immediate Causes which Induce and Justify the Secession of the State of Mississippi from the Federal Union

In the momentous step, which our State has taken of dissolving its connection with the government of which we so long formed a part, it is but just that we should declare the prominent reasons which have induced our course.

Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery - the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product, which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin.

I would be proud of that too if I was a member of Stormfront.

Last edited:
It must be a wonderful talent to be able to "know" what flying the confederate flag means to those with whom you have never met, don't know at all, and will never know.

You see they are celebrating the bravery of soldiers who fought and died for the tenth amendment. You, in your infinite wisdom, have decided that they are truly flying it for completely different reasons.

To me that flag represents state's rights and those that fought, on both sides, not the issue of slavery. I wonder why your omniscience missed my view. Maybe you really don't know what you believe you know?

I lived in the Deep South. Even married into a family with some old Klan ties. I know all about Confederates. Don't fool yourself into believing I'm stupid enough to think Confederates as a general rule don't rant about negroes on a regular basis.

Too many of them made the mistake of espousing their racist bullshit around me. I can repeat their racist jokes for hours, if you like. I know exactly what they are about.

Up there on the Alabama/Georgia state line, at the first rest area inside the Alabama state line, there' a rock that says "We Dare Defend Our Rights". I always picture George Wallace in the schoolhouse door when I read that.

That is the Alabama state motto.

It's Virginia....too stupid to fly the REAL Virginia Confederate flag.

When I told my future ex-wife we were moving from Alabama to Virginia, she began crying and called all her family to tell them I was taking her to "Yankee territory".

Not the brightest candle in the box. I had to inform her where the capital of the Confederacy was from 1861 to 1865.

No, she's basically correct: Virginia is, for all practical purposes, a Northern state now.

Why don't you tell the flag wavers to get over it like you do the blacks with slavery?:lol:

so if you fly the confederate flag you get whatever you want as a result?

I want you to kiss my ass. Pucker up

Rebel_Flag.jpg

Isn't it odd that THAT flag, just like that, wasn't used during the Confederacy....but came later. The closest was the SQUARE battle flag and the Navy flag with light blue.

That was Lee's battle flag & also the canton of the Confederacy's national flag, the Stainless Banner.

Good
I am offended by the gay flag
But I don't oppose the pole smokers and carpet munchers flying it
It's a free country
For the moment

Because gays enslaved and lynched people. Oh they are so terrifying.

I don't really think of it as the "Confederate Flag". I think of it as the "Republican Flag".

Too bad people that fly that flag cannot be shot for treason. The South lost and it will never ever rise again thankfully. What that flag stands for is slavery and the lifestyle it afforded those that believed in it.

Shot for flying a flag ? Wow dude, what a dick.

*yawn*

The South had no right to leave the Union and failed to do so by force of arms. get over your loss. A State still does not have the right to leave the Union Unilaterally. It requires the Permission of Congress.

Please show EXACTLY where in the Constitution that is stated. Be specific.

Yeah. If a bunch of inbred, gap-toothed, third grade educated, welfare trailer park redneck hicks want to advertise their ignorance the working commuters, that's their right.
Ad homs - final refuge of those with nothing worthwhile to say.

The Confederate flag represents a State that wanted to maintain slavery, there are things that could be said but no one is smart enough to say them resorting to ignorant childish rants instead.

So does the American flag, turd. It flew over slaves states before the Civil War and during the during the Civil War.

Next lame-assed comment!

Too bad people that fly that flag cannot be shot for treason. The South lost and it will never ever rise again thankfully. What that flag stands for is slavery and the lifestyle it afforded those that believed in it.

Shot for flying a flag ? Wow dude, what a dick.

No... shot for promoting treason and slavery.

I sincerely doubt any of the people who fly the flag today want slavery to return. As for the claim of treason, I for one feel that any state wishing to secede should have that right.
In any case, I don't believe anyone should be shot for flying a flag, sounds pretty over the top draconian to me.
What would you do to someone who shoplifts, cut off their hand ?

so if you fly the confederate flag you get whatever you want as a result?

I want you to kiss my ass. Pucker up

Rebel_Flag.jpg

Isn't it odd that THAT flag, just like that, wasn't used during the Confederacy....but came later. The closest was the SQUARE battle flag and the Navy flag with light blue.

That was Lee's battle flag & also the canton of the Confederacy's national flag, the Stainless Banner.

Lee's battle flag was square, not rectangular...and a canton....not the complete flag.

The one you see above is a product of POST war "The Lost Cause" and KKK.

*yawn*

Where does the Constitution say that?

Lee's battle flag was square, not rectangular...and a canton....not the complete flag.

The one you see above is a product of POST war "The Lost Cause" and KKK.

too funny

Forum List

Back