Group to fly Confederate flag; NAACP opposes

It's Virginia....too stupid to fly the REAL Virginia Confederate flag.

When I told my future ex-wife we were moving from Mississippi to Virginia, she began crying and called all her family to tell them I was taking her to "Yankee territory".

Not the brightest candle in the box. I had to inform her where the capital of the Confederacy was from 1861 to 1865.

And she was the best you could do. :lol:

You married her...that doesn't quite make you the sharpest tool in the shed, now does it.

I cannot disagree. I was very stupid to marry her.

I've done much, much better since then.

In another topic here, I said the biggest mistake I ever made was marrying someone crazier than me. She was a bartender, and drop dead gorgeous. The perfect woman, or so I thought at the time. :lol:

And crazy women are great in bed.

But that crazy broad burned me so badly that to this day I cannot stand to hear a woman with a southern accent, no matter how good looking she is.

Her mother to this day does not allow black people to set foot in her house.

Last edited:
Uh, this thread isn't about the Civil War...it is about a groups LEGAL RIGHT to fly a flag.

Anyone have a LEGAL objection to flying any flag of any size on private property?

If not, the NAACP can blow it out their ass.

Does the NAACP have the LEGAL RIGHT to say they don't like it?

If so, blow it out YOUR ass.

Can you read and comprehend the English language?

I already said that ten posts ago.

I can see why you couldn't attract a more intelligent mate. (ZING!) :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah. If a bunch of inbred, gap-toothed, third grade educated, welfare trailer park redneck hicks want to advertise their ignorance to the world, that's their right.

it's obvious you are a non-racist and not a bigot

I am very bigoted toward bigots. I freely admit it. They learn that fact very quickly when they feel it is safe to open their yaps and spew their bullshit around me just because I am white with blue eyes and blond hair.

When I told my future ex-wife we were moving from Mississippi to Virginia, she began crying and called all her family to tell them I was taking her to "Yankee territory".

Not the brightest candle in the box. I had to inform her where the capital of the Confederacy was from 1861 to 1865.

And she was the best you could do. :lol:

You married her...that doesn't quite make you the sharpest tool in the shed, now does it.

I cannot disagree. I was very stupid to marry her.

I've done much, much better since then.

In another topic here, I said the biggest mistake I ever made was marrying someone crazier than me. She was a bartender, and drop dead gorgeous. The perfect woman, or so I thought at the time. :lol:

And crazy women are great in bed.

But that crazy broad burned me so badly that to this day I cannot stand to hear a woman with a southern accent, no matter how good looking she is.

I have a good friend in from the Army who made the same mistake...not once but twice.

Strippers no less.

A tough row to hoe.

Lucky for me, I have a intelligent, beautiful wife...obviously I married up.

Eighteen years and still going.

She was born in the North, but I don't hold that against her...her kin are from Kentucky.

Last edited:
A Confederate heritage group confirmed Tuesday that it plans to fly a 10-by-15-foot Confederate flag along Interstate 95 just south of Richmond.

The flag will fly on a 50-foot pole, and will be visible from the northbound lane, said Susan Hathaway, founder of Virginia Flaggers, the group behind the flag. It’s tentatively scheduled to go up Sept. 28.

“Basically, the flag is being erected as a memor ial to the memory and the honor of the Confederate soldiers who sacrificed, bled and died to defend Virginia from invasion,” she said.

The state’s chapter of the NAACP is vocally opposing the move.
Confederate flag will fly along I-95 - Richmond Times-Dispatch: City Of Richmond
Of course they do.
But... so what?
Do they expect someone, like the state, to stop them?

Having the right to free speech means that, sometimes, people are going to say things you don't like. Put your big girl panties on and get over it.

Why don't you tell the flag wavers to get over it like you do the blacks with slavery?:lol:

so if you fly the confederate flag you get whatever you want as a result?

I want you to kiss my ass. Pucker up

Rebel_Flag.jpg

The Confederate Flag signifies slavery?

So the American Flag signifies murdering babies?

Great.

Got it.

Thanks Lib-turds.

Yeah, they're going to honor the memory of fallen confederate soldiers who nobody alive today remembers. Does anyone (or everyone) else see a fallacy in that supposed logic?

I wonder if they would feel the same if Germans were honoring the memory of fallen Third Reich soldiers by flying the Nazi flag.......

Yeah, they're going to honor the memory of fallen confederate soldiers who nobody alive today remembers. Does anyone (or everyone) else see a fallacy in that supposed logic?

We fly the US flag at many ceremonies to commemorate the dead. The whole point is to remember them so their sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Kind of like building a slavery museum or memorial.

Idiot.

When I told my future ex-wife we were moving from Alabama to Virginia, she began crying and called all her family to tell them I was taking her to "Yankee territory".

khm... seems you still did not get over ... her ;)

Is it more or less fallacious than than clinging to the injustice that 150 years ago, people who no one alive today remembers, were slaves?
How so?

Confederate flag will fly along I-95 - Richmond Times-Dispatch: City Of Richmond
Of course they do.
But... so what?
Do they expect someone, like the state, to stop them?

Having the right to free speech means that, sometimes, people are going to say things you don't like. Put your big girl panties on and get over it.

Why don't you tell the flag wavers to get over it like you do the blacks with slavery?:lol:

Rebel_Flag.jpg

Isn't it odd that THAT flag, just like that, wasn't used during the Confederacy....but came later. The closest was the SQUARE battle flag and the Navy flag with light blue.

When I told my future ex-wife we were moving from Alabama to Virginia, she began crying and called all her family to tell them I was taking her to "Yankee territory".

I certainly wouldn't expect an intelligent woman to marry you.

How long did it take for the dumb one to give you the boot?

My wife is from Michigan, where they all talk like newscasters.

Slowly but surely she has acquired a very slight Southern accent over the years, much to her chagrin and my merriment.

She to this day nags at me for saying ain't, Missourah, windah, read (pronounced red) the table, and other Southern colloquialisms...but I pretty sure she has concluded that I'll never change.

Still haven't gotten her to eat squirrel either...

Rebel_Flag.jpg

Isn't it odd that THAT flag, just like that, wasn't used during the Confederacy....but came later. The closest was the SQUARE battle flag and the Navy flag with light blue.

Why is that odd?

It came from the second national flag of the Confederacy...1863.

2national.jpg

The 2nd National Flag of the Confederacy

After the end of the war, Southern States included the field in their state flags.

The commonality of the Stars and Bars as a symbol of the South stems from there.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back