Group to fly Confederate flag; NAACP opposes

I sincerely doubt any of the people who fly the flag today want slavery to return. As for the claim of treason, I for one feel that any state wishing to secede should have that right.
In any case, I don't believe anyone should be shot for flying a flag, sounds pretty over the top draconian to me.
What would you do to someone who shoplifts, cut off their hand ?

If you doubt that you don't get out much. i for one feel you are wrong about any state leaving the Union. I concede I may have been over the top but I'm not going to sit there and pretend the people wanting to fly this flag are just remembering their relatives.

So you think that anyone, or the states that still fly some form or resemblance of the confederate flag today are in favor of slavery ?

You would have to look at the history of those state flags and when they incorporated the confederate symbol. Many did it in direct response to he Civil Rights movement

I think Mississippi is the only state to still use it

Last edited:
And the NAACP also has a right of free speech to oppose it.

To the Virginia flaggers it is a symbol of the fight of the confederacy
To the NAACP it is a symbol of slavery and the KKK

" that's just how white folks will do ya'"

" typical white person'

Baarck Obama and Eric Holder, symbols of racism against white people

Wow....really shocking
Why don't you and your white friends go out and protest that?

why don't you tell us how the flag is persecuting black people?

2nd request

" that's just how white folks will do ya'"

" typical white person'

Baarck Obama and Eric Holder, symbols of racism against white people

Wow....really shocking

2nd request

Since you ask so politely, I will respond

The flag does not persecute black people but it is offensive. It is a symbol of a country that was established to keep them as slaves. It is a symbol of the terrorists that lynched their men and bombed their churches. It is a symbol that the KKK proudly marched under as they chanted about killing *******

That is why it is offensive

The Confederacy existed for about four years. The flag that flew during the other two hundred years of slavery and off the stern of slave ships was the Union Jack and the Stars and Stripes. Does the NAACP want to ban them too?

Which flag did the KKK march under?

The battle flag was turned into a flag of black oppression after the war. It was flown as a not too subtle reminder to remember your place

again, 3rd request,

how has that symbol actually persecuted anyone.

Facts required

The Confederacy existed for about four years. The flag that flew during the other two hundred years of slavery and off the stern of slave ships was the Union Jack and the Stars and Stripes. Does the NAACP want to ban them too?

The battle flag was turned into a flag of black oppression after the war. It was flown as a not too subtle reminder to remember your place

The KKK marched under the American flag.

mp212.jpg

Washington D.C. 1923

Obviously the American Flag is a symbol of slavery and racism.

Last edited:
If you doubt that you don't get out much. i for one feel you are wrong about any state leaving the Union. I concede I may have been over the top but I'm not going to sit there and pretend the people wanting to fly this flag are just remembering their relatives.

So you think that anyone, or the states that still fly some form or resemblance of the confederate flag today are in favor of slavery ?

You would have to look at the history of those state flags and when they incorporated the confederate symbol. Many did it in direct response to he Civil Rights movement

I think Mississippi is the only state to still use it

I still highly doubt anyone flying the flag today is doing so because they wish for slavery to be back.

As for the states, I think Mississippi is the only true one, but a few other states have flags that give a good hint of the old confederate flag.

The KKK marched under the American flag.

mp212.jpg

Washington D.C. 1923

Obviously the American Flag is a symbol of slavery and racism.

Uh oh, better ban it, or shoot anyone who flies it then.

Wow....really shocking

2nd request

The flag does not persecute black people but it is offensive. It is a symbol of a country that was established to keep them as slaves. It is a symbol of the terrorists that lynched their men and bombed their churches. It is a symbol that the KKK proudly marched under as they chanted about killing *******

the symbol of the black on white crime rate is Barack Obama and Eric Holder, should they be eliminated too?

PS you never did tell anyone how that flag persecuted anyone

Last edited:
Wow....really shocking

2nd request

I can see why they are offended by it, but it's still free speech.

By the way, please don't use the "n" word again.

So let me get this straight, AssLips, MrClean, et.al.

I can be proud of my son who fought in Afghan/Iraq even though it wasn't a popular war.

I can pay homage to my dad because he served in Korea and Vietnam even though they were very unpopular in their time.

I can keep grandpa's flag in tribute to his service in WWII, regardless of how many Japanese we incinerated.

But as soon as I fly the flag that my great-great-uncle fought and died for I am automatically an inbred backwoods country-fuck redneck?

:eusa_hand:

That doesnt make you an inbred backwoods country-fuck redneck at all. It makes you seem ignorant or at worst racist if you don't get that your relative fought to keep people enslaved and against the country you currently claim to be a citizen of. Whats honorable about someone fighting to support their belief that people should be enslaved and losing?

And the winning side sent the slaves who made it to the north back to the plantations because there was nothing for them in the north. Expounded upon by the black intellectual W E B Dubois.

So let me get this straight, AssLips, MrClean, et.al.

I can be proud of my son who fought in Afghan/Iraq even though it wasn't a popular war.

I can pay homage to my dad because he served in Korea and Vietnam even though they were very unpopular in their time.

I can keep grandpa's flag in tribute to his service in WWII, regardless of how many Japanese we incinerated.

But as soon as I fly the flag that my great-great-uncle fought and died for I am automatically an inbred backwoods country-fuck redneck?

:eusa_hand:

That doesnt make you an inbred backwoods country-fuck redneck at all. It makes you seem ignorant or at worst racist if you don't get that your relative fought to keep people enslaved and against the country you currently claim to be a citizen of. Whats honorable about someone fighting to support their belief that people should be enslaved and losing?

And the winning side sent the slaves who made it to the north back to the plantations because there was nothing for them in the north. Expounded upon by the black intellectual W E B Dubois.

That has nothing to do with the fact the south so believed in the institution of slavery they fought a war over it....and lost. W.E.B Dubois also expounded quite a bit on that as well.

The south has a number of things to be proud of. Let's start with Atlanta. Atlanta is all about commerce. It is one of the major commercial centers in the US. And it is the hub for most all international travel. Even every UPS package goes through Atlanta. So, the south took a completely destroyed economy, money that was deemed worthless, they took back the slaves the north sent back to the plantations. They took them back as free men, the ones who left. The ones who didn't leave had a warm spot and were smart enough not to go running off into the woods they knew nothing about stayed and lived as family with the plantation owners families. I know where old pictures of them can be found. I even know of family reunions they attend right along with the whites of the same name. The government, the same government that invaded Iraq did to slaves just what they have done to Iraqi citizens. There was one instance in southern part of KY where a guy named McKinney gave his home and land to his slaves to be their own. He left to become a sniper. The north came and burned the slaves out of their new home. Kentucky was not neutral. Kentucky was divided and it was shit like that that turned most of KY to the south.

Historical records and historical places have been preserved by the sheer audacity of the people who knew they were of value. In Virginia alone, records were buried in the floor of a church after the woman carrying them in a casket convinced soldiers she was going to bury her baby and the casket containing vital records were never destroyed or even searched. She took it and buried the priceless records in the floor of a church there. I have visited the church.

The historical value of the southern colonies has been born out by the forensic studies which have been done on the remains of people who are buried there so we can know what life was like in those days. The project continues, and the exhibit at the Smithsonian is called Written in Bone. They had a sense of reverence for history and for people, unlike the savages from the north who came only to destroy, plunder, and rape our women.

There are many other things the south has to be proud of. But the main thing that came from antebellum days that is by far the best thing we ever did was to develop a culture that completely excludes damn Yankees and their vengeful hateful ways. Oh we'll be somewhat nice to you all the while giving you the signals southern style of how vile and savage and inferior you are. You can come to the early party, but you'll never get into the REAL party for JUST US. YOUR government did to us what it did to Iraq. Start watching now how long it takes for Iraq to think you are their liberators. Start with the south, that should give you a clue or two.

We will never tolerate your bad manners, you narcissistic, egotistical, and vile comments. Oh it may go by for the moment. But we will get you in the end. We'll get your money, your pride, and make you feel worse than a nickel with a hole in it. We'll tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip. You make fun of how we talk. Well, you sound funny too, but WE have enough manners not to bring it up.

Funny thing is, I know where there is an old slave cemetery. Tour any antebellum home. You will see everything except that because all those old cemeteries have gone to ruin. I was going to erect a monument on the one near me so it would not be lost. But the damn yankees and the blacks on this forum have convinced me that nothing would be better than for it to be covered over with dirt and forgotten just like all the others. And before it's over that may be exactly what I do. If you don't care enough for your ancestors to care for their final resting places why the hell should I?

The BEST thing to be proud of about the south is that the bigots who are always throwing around the egomaniacal narcissism and self righteousness have stayed in their own filthy Detroits and Clevelands and East St. Louises , and other filthy northern industrial hell holes where you can't go out even in the daytime without fear you will be killed by a gang. You are not here. We will never want you here. We have kept you out. Nothing could surpass that one thing as a point of pride. Nothing.

Last edited:

That has nothing to do with the fact the south so believed in the institution of slavery they fought a war over it....and lost. W.E.B Dubois also expounded quite a bit on that as well.

LOL. W E B Dubois said more years of slavery would have been better than what happened to the 'freed' slaves who had no clue how to survive the winters trying to go to the north. Many of them froze to death and starved. The ones who made it got sent back to the plantations.

So if some country comes in and takes the entire work force of the US, that would not be worth fighting a war over. You all have your butts in a sling about all the jobs going to China. And a lot of our citizens follow that work to the east, many to Japan and Taiwan. You think the loss of a work force is a ho hum matter. Many of those slaves you think you liberated died and suffered because they didn't know how to make it in the woods in the winter. They had always had food, clothing and shelter, and had no way of knowing how to provide for themselves. No one was going to hire them, and when they made it to the north they were sent back to the plantations. The farmers took them back because they needed the help, but by rights they should have sent them to their liberators for a solution to their suffering. Particularly since they had destroyed the plantations and the owners themselves were in straights far to dire to have to be worried about caring for men and women who were now 'free' if that kind of suffering is what you deem to be free.

Last edited:

LOL. W E B Dubois said more years of slavery would have been better than what happened to the 'freed' slaves who had no clue how to survive the winters trying to go to the north. Many of them froze to death and starved. The ones who made it got sent back to the plantations.

LOL You are still missing the point. The south fought over slavery. They lost. Because of that I am free.

"What shall we do with the Negro?" I have had but one answer from the beginning.

Do nothing with us! Your doing with us has already played the mischief with us. Do nothing with us! If the apples will not remain on the tree of their own strength, if they are wormeaten at the core, if they are early ripe and disposed to fall, let them fall! I am not for tying or fastening them on the tree in any way, except by nature's plan, and if they will not stay there, let them fall. And if the Negro cannot stand on his own legs, let him fall also. All I ask is, give him a chance to stand on his own legs! Let him alone!"

-Frederick Douglass

Forum List

Back