Group to fly Confederate flag; NAACP opposes

That has nothing to do with the fact the south so believed in the institution of slavery they fought a war over it....and lost. W.E.B Dubois also expounded quite a bit on that as well.

LOL. W E B Dubois said more years of slavery would have been better than what happened to the 'freed' slaves who had no clue how to survive the winters trying to go to the north. Many of them froze to death and starved. The ones who made it got sent back to the plantations.

"What shall we do with the Negro?" I have had but one answer from the beginning.

Do nothing with us! Your doing with us has already played the mischief with us. Do nothing with us! If the apples will not remain on the tree of their own strength, if they are wormeaten at the core, if they are early ripe and disposed to fall, let them fall! I am not for tying or fastening them on the tree in any way, except by nature's plan, and if they will not stay there, let them fall. And if the Negro cannot stand on his own legs, let him fall also. All I ask is, give him a chance to stand on his own legs! Let him alone!"

-Frederick Douglass

IOU rep.

The government that destroyed the south is the same government that is destroying and plundering the middle east.

And the winning side sent the slaves who made it to the north back to the plantations because there was nothing for them in the north. Expounded upon by the black intellectual W E B Dubois.

That has nothing to do with the fact the south so believed in the institution of slavery they fought a war over it....and lost. W.E.B Dubois also expounded quite a bit on that as well.

So if some country comes in and takes the entire work force of the US, that would not be worth fighting a war over. You all have your butts in a sling about all the jobs going to China. And a lot of our citizens follow that work to the east, many to Japan and Taiwan. You think the loss of a work force is a ho hum matter. Many of those slaves you think you liberated died and suffered because they didn't know how to make it in the woods in the winter. They had always had food, clothing and shelter, and had no way of knowing how to provide for themselves. No one was going to hire them, and when they made it to the north they were sent back to the plantations. The farmers took them back because they needed the help, but by rights they should have sent them to their liberators for a solution to their suffering.

How do you equate forced slave labor to a work force? China is not part of the US. Do you hate the fact that you lost the war so much you don't even realize slavery is wrong? I wouldnt care how many free slaves died because of being emancipated. They died free. All the other noise you are making is funny. You guys screwed up and lost. Because of that I now probably make more in a month than you do in a year. :lol:

LOL. W E B Dubois said more years of slavery would have been better than what happened to the 'freed' slaves who had no clue how to survive the winters trying to go to the north. Many of them froze to death and starved. The ones who made it got sent back to the plantations.

LOL You are still missing the point. The south fought over slavery. They lost. Because of that I am free.

YOU are missing the point. The slaves were not the ones who started the war. It was whites who started the war and it was not about slavery. They had slaves in the north and the Emancipation Proclamation did not apply to the ones in the north. Only to the ones in the south. The purpose of that war was to break the economy of the south. You need to study more deeply than just the propaganda that gets floated by the self same government that is plundering the middle east for resources as we speak.

So if some country comes in and takes the entire work force of the US, that would not be worth fighting a war over. You all have your butts in a sling about all the jobs going to China. And a lot of our citizens follow that work to the east, many to Japan and Taiwan. You think the loss of a work force is a ho hum matter. Many of those slaves you think you liberated died and suffered because they didn't know how to make it in the woods in the winter. They had always had food, clothing and shelter, and had no way of knowing how to provide for themselves. No one was going to hire them, and when they made it to the north they were sent back to the plantations. The farmers took them back because they needed the help, but by rights they should have sent them to their liberators for a solution to their suffering.

How do you equate forced slave labor to a work force? China is not part of the US. Do you hate the fact that you lost the war so much you don't even realize slavery is wrong? I wouldnt care how many free slaves died because of being emancipated. They died free. All the other noise you are making is funny. You guys screwed up and lost. Because of that I now probably make more in a month than you do in a year. :lol:

How do you equate someone who doesn't know how to survive in the woods in the winter and who dies form starvation and disease with freedom?

LOL You are still missing the point. The south fought over slavery. They lost. Because of that I am free.

YOU are missing the point. The slaves were not the ones who started the war. It was whites who started the war and it was not about slavery. They had slaves in the north and the Emancipation Proclamation did not apply to the ones in the north. Only to the ones in the south. The purpose of that war was to break the economy of the south. You need to study more deeply than just the propaganda that gets floated by the self same government that is plundering the middle east for resources as we speak.

Sorry sir. You must have missed some reading like the Articles of Secession. I posted Mississippis a little while back. Plainly states the confederate caused the war because they couldn't be bothered working for themselves and needed slaves. I can tell I have already studied much more than you regarding the issue.

that flag persecutes how?

All it does is remind them of a past they never themselves experienced firsthand.

To date, no symbol has ever been banned in the US. Not even the Nazi flag. From time to time someone's dress code will not allow something, but there is no government ban on the Confederate flag or any other symbol.

If anything, it speaks to their own insecurities. They are the ones persecuting themselves, not some symbol of the past.

Essentially, it was a want of maintaining the the traditionalism of the slave trade in the Southern States. They seceded wanting to preserve their so-called way of life.

How do you equate someone who doesn't know how to survive in the woods in the winter and who dies form starvation and disease with freedom?

Youre so rabid youre not even making sense. Who told you we didn't survive? I know for a fact my family lived with Native Americans. Others already knew how to live off the land. Bet you missed that one in your reading didnt you? You should read more than what Stormfront recommends. I heard they are pretty bias. I am busting a gut at you thinking former slaves needed whites to survive. :lol:

A Confederate heritage group confirmed Tuesday that it plans to fly a 10-by-15-foot Confederate flag along Interstate 95 just south of Richmond.

The flag will fly on a 50-foot pole, and will be visible from the northbound lane, said Susan Hathaway, founder of Virginia Flaggers, the group behind the flag. It’s tentatively scheduled to go up Sept. 28.

“Basically, the flag is being erected as a memor ial to the memory and the honor of the Confederate soldiers who sacrificed, bled and died to defend Virginia from invasion,” she said.

The state’s chapter of the NAACP is vocally opposing the move.
Confederate flag will fly along I-95 - Richmond Times-Dispatch: City Of Richmond
Of course they do.
But... so what?
Do they expect someone, like the state, to stop them?

Having the right to free speech means that, sometimes, people are going to say things you don't like. Put your big girl panties on and get over it.

If it's a private group, they can pretty much do whatever they want. Not that I agree with them, but they do have the right to fly the Confederate Flag.

why don't you tell us how the flag is persecuting black people?

2nd request

Since you ask so politely, I will respond

The flag does not persecute black people but it is offensive. It is a symbol of a country that was established to keep them as slaves. It is a symbol of the terrorists that lynched their men and bombed their churches. It is a symbol that the KKK proudly marched under as they chanted about killing *******

That is why it is offensive

OBAMAS silence about the racist murder of a 13 month old in Georgia is also offensive.
But offensive is one sided, right?
Dead white kids are OBAMAS joy!!

Strawman

Stay on topic

Legally, if they are a private group flying the flag on private property, they have a right to do so
Legally, the NAACP can protest the flying of the flag

In reading the article, the group seems more concerned with the flag than Confederate Heritage

The radical left is like a bunch of blind vicious dogs. They need something to focus their hatred on. Forty years ago it was the American Flag. Today it is the confederate flag. Their rants are irrelevant.

The NAACP? Fuck that racist organization... haven't they heard? We don't use the term colored people any more.

:lol:

Unfortunately your avatar pretty much illustrates what consitutes confederate heritage these days.

The dangers of inbreeding

Hey, now. (-; I live in Miss, and there is, imo, no denying the patriotism of those who died fighting for their state. But the heritage was hijacked by racists decades ago.

hey benny how ya doing these days? Anyone else from the old yahoo board around here?

Forum List

Back