Group to fly Confederate flag; NAACP opposes

No not really. It was the first one I found. Is this a quiz? Who cares how many were freed? I already said I know Lincoln did not free the slaves because he was so against it. Heres one that might let you know what your up against. Did it even free all the slaves in the South?

Good to know I'm not debating another USMB mouth-breather
:cool:

Believe it or not, the vast majority of Southerners nowadays really DO just care about honoring the fallen and don't care about the slavery.

Shit, guys....twice America has elected a black man for President.
You do know that couldn't have happened without, at least, SOME of the southern people voting, right?!

it just gets tiresome to constantly see 'racism' attached to the south

And the Republicans tried their best to stop them from voting.

vote4_1.JPG

962901000.jpg

This is what Republicans did. This is what they actually think about "voting rights". They squat on liberty.

Hunh??!!

How do these pictures show any type of your evil "voter suppression"??

A Confederate heritage group confirmed Tuesday that it plans to fly a 10-by-15-foot Confederate flag along Interstate 95 just south of Richmond.

The flag will fly on a 50-foot pole, and will be visible from the northbound lane, said Susan Hathaway, founder of Virginia Flaggers, the group behind the flag. It’s tentatively scheduled to go up Sept. 28.

“Basically, the flag is being erected as a memor ial to the memory and the honor of the Confederate soldiers who sacrificed, bled and died to defend Virginia from invasion,” she said.

The state’s chapter of the NAACP is vocally opposing the move.
Confederate flag will fly along I-95 - Richmond Times-Dispatch: City Of Richmond
Of course they do.
But... so what?
Do they expect someone, like the state, to stop them?

Having the right to free speech means that, sometimes, people are going to say things you don't like. Put your big girl panties on and get over it.

I'm not a big fan of the Confederacy, I'm also not a big fan for what that flag symbolized before, during, and after the Civil rights Era; I don't blame the NAACP for protesting it, that's their First Amendment right to do so as is flying that flag on private property. I live somewhat close to the Richmond area and I don't give a shit if they fly that flag or not. I heard on the radio today, that the Confederate flag as we know it today was actually not the flag of the Confederacy, but the flag used in Tennessee. That flag was used and is used by many hate groups, that's why some if not many Black people have an aversion to that flag.
I DO think that some people do honor that flag for reason of "heritage and not hate", in some ways it just morphed into popular culture with some groups of people, just like say the "urban style" has morphed with some groups of people, and in my opinion the true meaning of it is kind of superficial with no true feeling towards it.
I'm part Black, my wife is White, and when we went to visit my in laws in the mountains of North Georgia near Chattanooga Tennessee, I met a nephew I haven't met before, we hit it off right away and he wanted to take the dogs to the creek when I first got there. If you looked at his facebook picture with a rebel flag behind it, the Mossy Oak stickers on his truck, and the Rebel Flag license plate, one would come to a different conclusion or have a different perception of him. He is in fact a fine young man who doesn't seem to harbor any racial animus. It's just part of their "Redneck culture" up there, just like a few decades back (scary!), a lot of urban youths were wearing "X's" on their caps and tee shirts, as part of their "Urban culture"..

If I do this right the flags are pictured below. The Confederacy had three flags.

Attachments

• $387276848_history_confederate_flags_xlarge.jpg
    $387276848_history_confederate_flags_xlarge.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 46
No, southerners continue to be branded racist because liberals find it convenient to do so. Race relations are better in Mississippi than in Illinois.

Wake up.

Where in your mind did you assume that I posted there were more racists here than elsewhare? What I posted was the flag was hijacked as symbol of racism decades ago. The Klan marched that rag all around without so much as a peep from the southern heritage folks. But, there's no denying the courage and good intentions of the people who died fighting for the confederacy, and most who died never had slaves.

Fighting and dying so the more fortunate can keep their free labor.

How fucking stupid is that?

Owning slaves was status...but if you couldn't own a slave, at least you were one step up the social rung from those slaves.

Owning slaves was status...but if you couldn't own a slave, at least you were one step up the social rung from those slaves.

One thing about you Shortbus, you are consistently ignorant and uneducated.

Po' white was FAR worse off in the Antebellum South than were slaves.

Slaves had a bed and were fed - not so the Po' whites.

owning slaves was status...but if you couldn't own a slave, at least you were one step up the social rung from those slaves.

one thing about you shortbus, you are consistently ignorant and uneducated.

Po' white was far worse off in the antebellum south than were slaves.

Slaves had a bed and were fed - not so the po' whites.

lol

:lol:

Is there anytime whites have had it better than blacks? According to uncensored revisionist history, nope

While I am not interested at this moment in getting into the relative merits of the two causes in the Civil War, I am bothered by the fact that the sensitivities of the descendants of American slaves have been used to suppress the display of the Confederate Battle Flag.

There are good and valid reasons to celebrate the bravery and pluck of the Confederates - whether you like their cause or not - and there is no better symbol to honor those soldiers than the flag.

If every symbol that makes people uncomfortable is to be suppressed, we are moving in a dangerous direction. I personally want to puke when I see young women wearing "pro-choice" slogans and such, but I would not want to interfere with their right to display their views.

:lol:

Is there anytime whites have had it better than blacks? According to uncensored revisionist history, nope

You have an IQ of what, maybe 50?

Poor Whites of the Antebellum South: Tenants and Laborers in Central North ... - Charles C. Bolton - Google Books

Better off?

They could always move to another area where conditions were better and would not be whipped if they did.
They did not have their children sold off on them
Their women could not be legally raped
They could be legally taught to read and write
They could vote
They had legal rights

The whites had it harder than the slaves. Whites were free and that freedom was a burden that those lucky slaves didn't have to deal with

Slaves couldn't fight back which was great for the slaves. White people had to lift their hands and fight people they disagreed with. Sometime resulting in scrapes and bruises

You must be just having some fun. You dont really believe that whites no matter how poor had it worse than slaves do you? I mean like for real?

Better off?

They could always move to another area where conditions were better and would not be whipped if they did.
They could vote
They had legal rights

They couldn't move anywhere, you lying skank. They didn't know where the scraps of their next meal would come from and only had the hope that they would be able to harvest for a meal or two - but they were competing against slaves, so even that was scarce.

These were virtual vermin that even the slaves looked down on. Your revisionist bigotry flies in the faces of ALL valid historical accounts.

You're no different than the fuckwads who claim the Plains Indians had interstate highways and invented the TV - moronic fantasy fueled by racism.

Better off?

They could vote
They had legal rights

They couldn't move anywhere, you lying skank. They didn't know where the scraps of their next meal would come from and only had the hope that they would be able to harvest for a meal or two - but they were competing against slaves, so even that was scarce.

These were virtual vermin that even the slaves looked down on. Your revisionist bigotry flies in the faces of ALL valid historical accounts.

You're no different than the fuckwads who claim the Plains Indians had interstate highways and invented the TV - moronic fantasy fueled by racism.

Oh wow! You seriously believe in what you are saying. You must not be too bright if you think being a slave is better than being free in anyway shape or form.

The whites had it harder than the slaves. Whites were free and that freedom was a burden that those lucky slaves didn't have to deal with

Like all racist democrats - to you there is only black, which is good, and white, which you hate.

But, that isn't even close to the truth. The owners of plantations were the elite, a rarefied gentry of wealth and privilege. You paint a fantasy that every white was in the top 1% living in mansions and waited on by Nubian goddesses who were the natural superior to the evil white, but chained to them....

Look, you're an ignorant hick, another leftist bigot who has a comic book view of a world that never was.

Most whites were dirt poor, owned no land, were fucked over by the fact that the plantations encroached on all the best lands and pushed the small hold and migrant farmers off productive lands.

The Antebellum South was an evil place, more akin to medieval Scotland than to the vision of America. The aristocracy lived lives of ease, but that was not the reality of most whites in the South - regardless of your racist fantasy.

Oh wow! You seriously believe in what you are saying. You must not be too bright if you think being a slave is better than being free in anyway shape or form.

Man are you fucking stupid.

Racist skanks who have NEVER read a book in your life, painting a portrait of white privilege..

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Poor-Whites-Antebellum-South-Mississippi/dp/0822314681]Poor Whites of the Antebellum South: Tenants and Laborers in Central North Carolina and Northeast Mississippi: Charles C. Bolton: 9780822314684: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

Stupid, stupid racist fuckwad - educate yourself.

Forum List

Back