Group to fly Confederate flag; NAACP opposes

Better off?

They could always move to another area where conditions were better and would not be whipped if they did.
They did not have their children sold off on them
Their women could not be legally raped
They could be legally taught to read and write
They could vote
They had legal rights

They couldn't move anywhere, you lying skank. They didn't know where the scraps of their next meal would come from and only had the hope that they would be able to harvest for a meal or two - but they were competing against slaves, so even that was scarce.

These were virtual vermin that even the slaves looked down on. Your revisionist bigotry flies in the faces of ALL valid historical accounts.

You're no different than the fuckwads who claim the Plains Indians had interstate highways and invented the TV - moronic fantasy fueled by racism.

Can you provide a citation to what I put in bold above? I think it would be an interesting read.

The whites had it harder than the slaves. Whites were free and that freedom was a burden that those lucky slaves didn't have to deal with

Like all racist democrats - to you there is only black, which is good, and white, which you hate.

But, that isn't even close to the truth. The owners of plantations were the elite, a rarefied gentry of wealth and privilege. You paint a fantasy that every white was in the top 1% living in mansions and waited on by Nubian goddesses who were the natural superior to the evil white, but chained to them....

Look, you're an ignorant hick, another leftist bigot who has a comic book view of a world that never was.

Most whites were dirt poor, owned no land, were fucked over by the fact that the plantations encroached on all the best lands and pushed the small hold and migrant farmers off productive lands.

The Antebellum South was an evil place, more akin to medieval Scotland than to the vision of America. The aristocracy lived lives of ease, but that was not the reality of most whites in the South - regardless of your racist fantasy.

Did those poor whites fight for or against slavery? Did they beg the owners of the plantations to make them slaves so they could "live better" like the black slaves? Were they allowed to vote? Were they allowed to move to a better place if they wished to?

Oh wow! You seriously believe in what you are saying. You must not be too bright if you think being a slave is better than being free in anyway shape or form.

Man are you fucking stupid.

Racist skanks who have NEVER read a book in your life, painting a portrait of white privilege..

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Poor-Whites-Antebellum-South-Mississippi/dp/0822314681]Poor Whites of the Antebellum South: Tenants and Laborers in Central North Carolina and Northeast Mississippi: Charles C. Bolton: 9780822314684: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

Stupid, stupid racist fuckwad - educate yourself.

While not from the book above, I found this quote to be pretty interesting:
As John T. Campbell summarizes in The Broad Ax:

In the past, white men have hated white men quite as much as some of them hate the Negro, and have vented their hatred with as much savagery as they ever have against the Negro. The best educated people have the least race prejudice. In the United States the poor white were encouraged to hate the Negroes because they could then be used to help hold the Negroes in slavery. The Negroes were taught to show contempt for poor whites because this would increase the hatred between them and each side could be used by the master to control the other. The real interest of the poor whites and the Negroes were the same, that of resisting the oppression of the master class. But ignorance stood in the way. This race hatred was at first used to perpetuate white supremacy in politics in the South. The poor whites are almost injured by it as are the Negroes. - John T. Campbell[16]

Can you provide a citation to what I put in bold above? I think it would be an interesting read.

Please read the thread and use on of the half-dozen links already provided.

Pheonix, I generally view you as a reasonable leftist. So please explain to me, is the left really as ignorant and uneducated as appears in this thread?

I mean, this is common knowledge information, at least for the older, educated generation. Knowledge of poor white trash in the South, falls in the same bucket as knowing what the Gettysburg address was or who John Wilkes Booth was. And those who argue that "Four score and seven years" was the opening to a speech by Jimmy Carter on the need to establish a guaranteed income fall into the same category as those who claim that Antebellum tenet farmers were in a higher social strata than slaves.

You flabbergast me, this is a level of rank ignorance that is so far beyond the pale as to leave me speechless. Look, hatewinger is so dishonest that he'll say anything to promote the party or to smear the opposition, CC is dumb as a dried mule turd, so can someone normally reasonable explain what is going on here? Is this Howard Zinn revisionism rewriting history, or is the average democrat really this ignorant?

Last edited:
The whites had it harder than the slaves. Whites were free and that freedom was a burden that those lucky slaves didn't have to deal with

Like all racist democrats - to you there is only black, which is good, and white, which you hate.

But, that isn't even close to the truth. The owners of plantations were the elite, a rarefied gentry of wealth and privilege. You paint a fantasy that every white was in the top 1% living in mansions and waited on by Nubian goddesses who were the natural superior to the evil white, but chained to them....

Look, you're an ignorant hick, another leftist bigot who has a comic book view of a world that never was.

Most whites were dirt poor, owned no land, were fucked over by the fact that the plantations encroached on all the best lands and pushed the small hold and migrant farmers off productive lands.

The Antebellum South was an evil place, more akin to medieval Scotland than to the vision of America. The aristocracy lived lives of ease, but that was not the reality of most whites in the South - regardless of your racist fantasy.

Did those poor whites fight for or against slavery? Did they beg the owners of the plantations to make them slaves so they could "live better" like the black slaves? Were they allowed to vote? Were they allowed to move to a better place if they wished to?

Yeah, why didn't those lazy whites just asked to be enslaved? Slavery was so peachy :doubt:

You all know that the Confederacy was never officially dissolved (nor surrendered), and still provides any records from it archives through an extremely small bureaucracy, correct?

I guess April 9, 1865 at the Court House at Appomattox was where Lee married his First Sargeant?

Didn't know that ......

:)

The government did not surrender, simply the army. The Confederacy stills exists and is considered an occupied nation. Google is your friend.

You all know that the Confederacy was never officially dissolved (nor surrendered), and still provides any records from it archives through an extremely small bureaucracy, correct?

I guess April 9, 1865 at the Court House at Appomattox was where Lee married his First Sargeant?

Didn't know that ......

The government did not surrender, simply the army. The Confederacy stills exists and is considered an occupied nation. Google is your friend.

Google is most definitely not your friend. Its an search engine that renders information to the masses based on rankings that are often paid for. Sometimes the findings are just one crackpots interpretation of the truth. Sometimes the findings are an outright lie deliberately told just for kicks.

Didn't know that ......

Confederacy of what?

The states that once formed the Confederacy have long since left it and rejoined the US.

Oh wow! You seriously believe in what you are saying. You must not be too bright if you think being a slave is better than being free in anyway shape or form.

Racist skanks who have NEVER read a book in your life, painting a portrait of white privilege..

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Poor-Whites-Antebellum-South-Mississippi/dp/0822314681"]Poor Whites of the Antebellum South: Tenants and Laborers in Central North Carolina and Northeast Mississippi: Charles C. Bolton: 9780822314684: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

You can't talk logic to these numbnuts, Un
:eusa_shhh:
Slaves were also an investment. A tool, if you will.
What sense does it make to damage or destroy such a crucial part of one's estate?

And no, assholes, I'm not condoning or supporting slavery.
I'm also smart enough to know that those were different times. You can't apply 21st century thought to 18th century cultures

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Poor-Whites-Antebellum-South-Mississippi/dp/0822314681"]Poor Whites of the Antebellum South: Tenants and Laborers in Central North Carolina and Northeast Mississippi: Charles C. Bolton: 9780822314684: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

What sense does it make to damage or destroy such a crucial part of one's estate?

I'm also smart enough to know that those were different times. You can't apply 21st century thought to 18th century cultures

That explains why they whipped slaves, cut off their feet, and branded them. Other than that they did no harm to their "investments". I'll just disregard all facts contrary to your version of logic.

Poor Whites of the Antebellum South: Tenants and Laborers in Central North Carolina and Northeast Mississippi: Charles C. Bolton: 9780822314684: Amazon.com: Books

That explains why they whipped slaves, cut off their feet, and branded them. Other than that they did no harm to their "investments". I'll just disregard all facts contrary to your version of logic.

Not saying it never happened.
Just not as prevalent as some would have us think

Can we start flying flags honoring:

Edward Snowden

Bradley Manning

Last edited:

How do you come to that conclusion? Unless you are saying not every single slave experienced all three of my examples in addition to the mental abuse I'd have to disagree. It was very prevalent and done with psychological intent to instill fear. Now if you have something that can counter the documentation I have seen and stories passed down by my family please produce it.

Didn't know that ......

Nonsense.

The ‘confederacy’ never actually existed; no state, or collection of states, may leave the Union without the consent of all the other states. See: Texas v. White (1869). There was no ‘secession,’ and consequently no ‘confederacy,’ as the former is un-Constitutional.

Didn't know that ......

Nonsense.

The ‘confederacy’ never actually existed; no state, or collection of states, may leave the Union without the consent of all the other states. See: Texas v. White (1869). There was no ‘secession,’ and consequently no ‘confederacy,’ as the former is un-Constitutional.

Again: please point out EXACTLY where in the Constitution secession is prohibited. Be specific.

How do you come to that conclusion? Unless you are saying not every single slave experienced all three of my examples in addition to the mental abuse I'd have to disagree. It was very prevalent and done with psychological intent to instill fear. Now if you have something that can counter the documentation I have seen and stories passed down by my family please produce it.

I suppose you have some actual verified statistics that support your claims.

Didn't know that ......

Nonsense.

Your Texas v. White cite has already been thoroughly ripped to shreds.

Nonsense.

Again: please point out EXACTLY where in the Constitution secession is prohibited. Be specific.

He can't. He'll just mindlessly cling to a decision handed down by a court that was populated by Lincoln appointees.

Forum List

Back