Group to fly Confederate flag; NAACP opposes

Yeah. If a bunch of inbred, gap-toothed, third grade educated, welfare trailer park redneck hicks want to advertise their ignorance the working commuters, that's their right.
Ad homs - final refuge of those with nothing worthwhile to say.

The Confederate flag represents a State that wanted to maintain slavery, there are things that could be said but no one is smart enough to say them resorting to ignorant childish rants instead.

A lot of states. All of them Republican.

Not saying it never happened.
Just not as prevalent as some would have us think

How do you come to that conclusion? Unless you are saying not every single slave experienced all three of my examples in addition to the mental abuse I'd have to disagree. It was very prevalent and done with psychological intent to instill fear. Now if you have something that can counter the documentation I have seen and stories passed down by my family please produce it.

I suppose you have some actual verified statistics that support your claims.

I suppose you have some "verified" stats that state otherwise? :lol:

How do you come to that conclusion? Unless you are saying not every single slave experienced all three of my examples in addition to the mental abuse I'd have to disagree. It was very prevalent and done with psychological intent to instill fear. Now if you have something that can counter the documentation I have seen and stories passed down by my family please produce it.

I suppose you have some actual verified statistics that support your claims.

I suppose you have some "verified" stats that state otherwise? :lol:

I'm not the one claiming that cutting off the feet of slaves was a common practice.

Why don't you tell the flag wavers to get over it like you do the blacks with slavery?:lol:

Hey, it's not the same. If not for slavery those blacks (other than Obama and a few others) would still be over there starving on subsistance farming while their corrupt leaders sold their natl resources. That flag is our PROUD HERITAGE of our forefathers' wisdom in importing millions of Africans who have run us out of our own cities, and starting a civil war that destroyed out economies for over 100 year. I say fly it loud and proud. LOL

I think my new SIG speaks for me in responding to your silliness. Let the torch of liberty burn any would be usurper's flag and hoist old glory high above all!

Last edited:
If it's a private group displaying the flag on private property, then they should have the right to do so.

No one ever said they didn’t.

What you and others on the right fail to understand is that the NAACP has the same right to express its opinion as to the flying of the flag. And their opinion in no way constitutes ‘censorship,’ ‘political correctness,’ or a ‘violation’ of the First Amendment.

Conservatives have the right to express their ignorance and hate, a right they exercise often; but conservatives need to also understand that others have the right to be justifiably critical of that ignorance and hate.

I'm not the one claiming that cutting off the feet of slaves was a common practice.

Are you disputing it wasn't? If so wheres your proof?

You're the one who made the claim that it was. Now provide the proof or shut the fuck up.

There are indeed many misconceptions about the Souths treatment of slaves. Yes, there was abuse, but just as many cases of kindness.

-Geaux

The Rising Seed: Slave Conditions in the South

Slave Narratives

My favorite depictions of Chattel slavery comes directly from the slaves themselves and can be found in the Slave Narratives- the cumulative result of two years of in depth interviews surveying over 2,000 former slaves by the Works Project Administration under FDR. In the book Time on the Cross, noble prize winning scientist Robert Fogel demonstrates that nowhere in the Western Hemisphere were slaves better treated and cared for than in the South. After studying the Slave Narratives Fogel concluded that 60 to 80 percent of all respondents had only positive things to say about their masters and their life during slave days.

You're the one who made the claim that it was. Now provide the proof or shut the fuck up.

There are indeed many misconceptions about the Souths treatment of slaves. Yes, there was abuse, but just as many cases of kindness.

-Geaux

Slave Narratives

My favorite depictions of Chattel slavery comes directly from the slaves themselves and can be found in the Slave Narratives- the cumulative result of two years of in depth interviews surveying over 2,000 former slaves by the Works Project Administration under FDR. In the book Time on the Cross, noble prize winning scientist Robert Fogel demonstrates that nowhere in the Western Hemisphere were slaves better treated and cared for than in the South. After studying the Slave Narratives Fogel concluded that 60 to 80 percent of all respondents had only positive things to say about their masters and their life during slave days.

Thanks for the link.

I'll just put it plainly. A slave was the equivalent of a great work horse. Good money was paid for these magnificent beasts from Africa who could do the work of three slaves from Ireland and England, the first slaves in America.

So why would a slave owner mistreat and it galls me to say this but I have to keep it in perspective his acquisition? His John Deere at the time as a work horse on the plantation.

It makes absolutely no sense. If you would want the most productive plantation you need your "equipment" to be in fine working order.

Sheesh.

It only makes sense that the best slave owners treated and omg this kills me to type it but we have to examine the reality of the day the best slave owners were the ones that treated their slaves as excellent race horses.

-Geaux

Slave Narratives

Thanks for the link.

I'll just put it plainly. A slave was the equivalent of a great work horse. Good money was paid for these magnificent beasts from Africa who could do the work of three slaves from Ireland and England, the first slaves in America.

So why would a slave owner mistreat and it galls me to say this but I have to keep it in perspective his acquisition? His John Deere at the time as a work horse on the plantation.

It makes absolutely no sense. If you would want the most productive plantation you need your "equipment" to be in fine working order.

Sheesh.

It only makes sense that the best slave owners treated and omg this kills me to type it but we have to examine the reality of the day the best slave owners were the ones that treated their slaves as excellent race horses.

I guess it depends on how you define treated. If treated is limited to having food and shelter then your argument is valid in regards to white trash.
However if treatment is expanded to include human dignity and human rights.....it's not even close

-Geaux

Slave Narratives

Thanks for the link.

Sheesh.

I guess it depends on how you define treated. If treated is limited to having food and shelter then your argument is valid in regards to white trash.
However if treatment is expanded to include human dignity and human rights.....it's not even close

Food and shelter would not be enough. You don't get it do you? As disgusting as slavery was one must look at reality.

Why would you go to auctions buy the best "stallions" for your enterprise and mistreat them? It didn't happen.

Look in no way am I defending slavery but I just want to look at the truth of history.

The most productive plantation owners would bid against each other to try to get the best black off the ship.

Paying great amounts of money. Are you going to try to tell me defying all logic that the plantation owner then took home "his mercedez benz" and proceeded to mistreat it?

Beat it? Gave it scraps?

By the way have you ever been in a slave quarter? I have. I take historical tours wherever I have travelled so I'm just curious, have you ever been in one?

Or on a plantation?

Last edited:

Why would anyone cut off the feet off of their slave? It makes no sense whatsoever.

"Stumpy" would not be beneficial to a slave owner would he?

Toby (Kunta Kinte) ....gunna fix it so you don't run anymore

An interesting mini series.

Come on though, you own a slave you paid good money for and cut off his feet so he can't run away and then what's he going to do?

Give me a freaking break. :lol:

yeah, yeah that's the ticket :eusa_angel: the plantation owners cut off their slaves feet and gave them wheelchairs.

Kunte Stubby doesn't work buddy....

Last edited:
Thanks for the link.

Sheesh.

Food and shelter would not be enough. You don't get it do you? As disgusting as slavery was one must look at reality.

Why would you go to auctions buy the best "stallions" for your enterprise and mistreat them? It didn't happen.

Look in no way am I defending slavery but I just want to look at the truth of history.

The most productive plantation owners would bid against each other to try to get the best black off the ship.

Paying great amounts of money. Are you going to try to tell me defying all logic that the plantation owner then took home "his mercedez benz" and proceeded to mistreat it?

Beat it? Gave it scraps?

By the way have you ever been in a slave quarter? I have. I take historical tours wherever I have travelled so I'm just curious, have you ever been in one?

Or on a plantation?

Again I think we differ on the words treatment and mistreatment

As a worker a master wants his slave to be functional. Food, shelter are provided. A slave master is not going to beat a slave to a point where he can no longer work. A slave is treated well to ensure he works

But what about his treatment as a human being? The master can demand sex from a slaves 12 year old daughter. Is that good treatment? A master can break up a family and sell to the highest bidder.

What about human dignity? The right to benefit from your own work. White trash had that, slaves didn't. The right to an education, to make yourself better, to raise your status in life? To make your own decisions

Yes, I have seen slave quarters from both colonial times and the Civil War

Last edited:
Why would anyone cut off the feet off of their slave? It makes no sense whatsoever.

"Stumpy" would not be beneficial to a slave owner would he?

Toby (Kunta Kinte) ....gunna fix it so you don't run anymore

An interesting mini series.

Come on though, you own a slave you paid good money for and cut off his feet so he can't run away and then what's he going to do?

Give me a freaking break. :lol:

yeah, yeah that's the ticket :eusa_angel: the plantation owners cut off their slaves feet and gave them wheelchairs.

Kunte Stubby doesn't work buddy....

Just commenting on where the cut off his feet came from

I can see hobbling and leg irons as a common solution

Thanks for the link.

Sheesh

Beat it? Gave it scraps?

Or on a plantation?

You are fuking crazy. Next up; Hitler wasn't so bad to the Jews. Hell, he gave them a bed and a little food. Right?? Crazy person?

Beat it? Gave it scraps?

Or on a plantation?

Again I think we differ on the words treatment and mistreatment

As a worker a master wants his slave to be functional. Food, shelter are provided. A slave master is not going to beat a slave to a point where he can no longer work. A slave is treated well to ensure he works

But what about his treatment as a human being? The master can demand sex from a slaves 12 year old daughter. Is that good treatment? A master can break up a family and sell to the highest bidder.

What about human dignity? The right to benefit from your own work. White trash had that, slaves didn't. The right to an education, to make yourself better, to raise your status in life? To make your own decisions

Yes, I have seen slave quarters from both colonial times and the Civil War

We differ.

White trash as you put it could not afford the slaves. Mainly the wealthy whites and blacks could. And yes, blacks could and did. As did First Nations.

Reality check.

Now to today's slavery. I work on it daily. When I am not posting here. I have been a seriously staunch supporter of Afghan women for close to two decades.

I detest slavery with a passion or I would not be so involved in attempting to rid this planet of it to this day.

You can actually buy a slave today. It's horrid.

Forum List

Back