Gruber apologizes for his inaccurate remarks

Gruber apologized for his newly-resurfaced 2013 remarks Thursday, telling MSNBC's Ronan Farrow that they had been an “off-the-cuff” mistake, an attempt to lay out the way political calculations affected the law as it was being written.

“The comments in the video were made at an academic conference,” Gruber said. “I was speaking off the cuff and I basically spoke inappropriately and I regret having made those comments.”

Who is Jonathan Gruber - The Washington Post

Farrow suggested to Gruber that the underlying point of his remarks was actually “nuanced” and was intended to illustrate that in order to effectively pass Obamacare into law, the process needed to be “opaque.”

Gruber replied that he was trying to convey that laws that center on federal spending aren’t popular.

Jonathan Gruber to MSNBC My 8216 Stupidity of the American Voter 8217 Remark was Inappropriate Mediaite

That's Gruber talking, far right dorks, so get over it; the American citizens have
That excuse might fly if it wasn't for the OTHER videos where Gruber conveyed the same view. Sorry, Jake but this is proof that the Obama Administration deliberately lied to the American people to pass the ACA because they knew that they couldn't get it passed unless they did so.

Gruber disagrees with you. Talk to him. Sorry, Oldstyle.

Gruber is doing damage control, Jake. His repeated comments on how progressives misled the American people in order to pass the ACA were indicative of how they view the public. Gruber thinks he's smarter than you are and therefore it's OK if he lies to you to get what he wants. He's calling YOU stupid, my friend...you're just too caught up in defending him to realize it.

Gruber apologized for his newly-resurfaced 2013 remarks Thursday, telling MSNBC's Ronan Farrow that they had been an “off-the-cuff” mistake, an attempt to lay out the way political calculations affected the law as it was being written.

“The comments in the video were made at an academic conference,” Gruber said. “I was speaking off the cuff and I basically spoke inappropriately and I regret having made those comments.”

Farrow suggested to Gruber that the underlying point of his remarks was actually “nuanced” and was intended to illustrate that in order to effectively pass Obamacare into law, the process needed to be “opaque.”

Gruber replied that he was trying to convey that laws that center on federal spending aren’t popular.

Jonathan Gruber to MSNBC My 8216 Stupidity of the American Voter 8217 Remark was Inappropriate Mediaite

That's Gruber talking, far right dorks, so get over it; the American citizens have
That excuse might fly if it wasn't for the OTHER videos where Gruber conveyed the same view. Sorry, Jake but this is proof that the Obama Administration deliberately lied to the American people to pass the ACA because they knew that they couldn't get it passed unless they did so.

Gruber is doing damage control, Jake. His repeated comments on how progressives misled the American people in order to pass the ACA were indicative of how they view the public. Gruber thinks he's smarter than you are and therefore it's OK if he lies to you to get what he wants. He's calling YOU stupid, my friend...you're just too caught up in defending him to realize it.

Indeed. It's what Stalin called a "Useful idiot". Jake MORE than fits that bill.........

Ah, the useful idiot Randall learned to use a term of his team.

Another dimension to this: No doubt Gruber and friends knew that a significant percentage of people out there were going to support this bill no matter what, and would dutifully provide plenty of support and interference for it.

Very useful, these people were.

Yeah, something like 47 percent, good point.

Another dimension to this: No doubt Gruber and friends knew that a significant percentage of people out there were going to support this bill no matter what, and would dutifully provide plenty of support and interference for it.

Very useful, these people were.

Yeah, something like 47 percent, good point.

They were among the people being lied to, and they're perfectly okay with that.

All politicians and combinations think they are smarter than us.

Consider the fools in the TP movement, for instance. It took only two elections to reject them. Hopefully, the Pres and Congress can work on meaningful reform of ACA.

One thing, though, about the useful foolishness of the electorate.

They have never fallen for the libertarians' nonsense. They are worse than far left and far right. The liberts want to privatize all the profit for themselves while socializing all the expense of government services. They are bigger "something for nothing" thieves than other American grouping.

Consider the fools in the TP movement, for instance. It took only two elections to reject them. Hopefully, the Pres and Congress can work on meaningful reform of ACA.

They have never fallen for the libertarians' nonsense. They are worse than far left and far right. The liberts want to privatize all the profit for themselves while socializing all the expense of government services. They are bigger "something for nothing" thieves than other American grouping.

Was it not you that before the election said that the right would be beaten? Why yes it was. And here you are still trying to show your political prowess. What a crock jake, what a crock.

Opie, here - you guys need desperatly to trash anyone you do not agree with.

Frank, you are on here talking shit and not even attempting to debate.

Randal, I liked what you said about Regan, very thoughtful. Too bad you view me as a halfbreed.

"Too caught up in defending him" translated = Stupid
Well, I guess Gruber was right then.

Was it not you that before the election said that the right would be beaten? Why yes it was. And here you are still trying to show your political prowess. What a crock jake, what a crock.

I said the far right would be beaten. I was right. Look at all the screaming, including you, Freewill. We in the mainstream GOP will never give up stomping on you guys.

This [Gruber] is going to be news-worthy through election `16. :clap2:

Is he running for office?

He will be the voice that haunts those who will be. :clap2:

Somewhat doubtful; the voting base has an obvious short-term memory malfunction. Otherwise, republicans would have never come back from shutting down the government. What really helped this time, is that the Tea Party was a virtual non-factor.

Tea Party endorsements and Koch brother funded primary races were the kiss of death in 2012.

I think I've identified your problem.

1. The government wasn't shut down. Only about 17% of government spending saw an actual temporary stoppage, and most of that was retroactively restored when it was over.
2. The House passed bills funding every part of the government save one law. Reid and Obama refused to even consider allowing the government to function normally.
3. Obama, once he saw an opportunity to do so, attempted to inflict as much pain on the country as possible.

The whole thing is on him.

HORSE SHIT!

The Tea party refused to pass a budget for the sole purpose of DEFUNDING the ACA.

To say it was "Obama's fault" is a complete crock of shit.

"Oh, they were doing this for America!!!!"

No, they hate Obama, the left and they hate the ACA, because it wasn't their baby.
That is a total lie. not just a partial lie but a TOTAL LIE.

Anyone who believes what Gruber said truly is stupid. Him apologizing for what he said is either another offense against your intelligence, or, verily verily, you are stupid, like Gruber said.
No, Gruber was right, and apologizing for that IS stupid.
Why, you sound just like Gruber.
American voters are stupid, and in that respect, I do sound like Gruber, and he was right.
only those who were stupid enough to support Obama and his policies.
Maybe you're part of the 5% on this site
AGAIN what part of "that he was talking about obamacare supporters" don't you comprehend DUMBASS?

Crusader Frank apologizes for lying about Jake because makes CF look foolish so very easily.

And exactly which planet would that be? "Cause it sure isn't this one. Face it Jake, you're your own worst enemy.

Can we now please return to the OP or is this a lot easier to deal with instead of Gruber?
Did you question Jake when he first made the statement? No you didn't so shut the hell up.

No, I won't shut the hell up. I did not feel that Jake was being dishonest. I disagreed with the OP, it is on record as such.

Jake is never an asshole to me, you on the other hand are a complete dickhead.

Please do not quote me anymore until you graduate high school.
Jakes a dishonest hack that's just how he is.
I'm honest and truthful don't like it go suck another dick so you'll be happy

No, Gruber was right, and apologizing for that IS stupid.
Why, you sound just like Gruber.
American voters are stupid, and in that respect, I do sound like Gruber, and he was right.
only those who were stupid enough to support Obama and his policies.
Maybe you're part of the 5% on this site
AGAIN what part of "that he was talking about obamacare supporters" don't you comprehend DUMBASS?
I'm not an Obamacare supporter, and you're still part of the 5% on this site that are stupid.

I said the far right would be beaten. I was right. Look at all the screaming, including you, Freewill. We in the mainstream GOP will never give up stomping on you guys.

You were never in the mainstream GOP Jake. Not ever.

bigrebnc is what he is: barely sentient, a product of confirmation bias, and a marginalized white male who blames others for being a failure professionally and personally.

11mc2tv.jpg

Forum List

Back