GT of Hi Def Society live on-air t'nite, listen and respond here

You would do better to have usmb pre planned guest stars where questions are agreed upon ahead of time
This.

I don't like live chat. Doing a call in radio is similar. See, on a thread, we can leave at any time we want without explanations. We can edit. We can have more free reign. In chat? Nope. On a call in radio show? Nope. I like the anoniminimitinty (lol) of typing my 2 cents and leaving in the middle of it if I want.

You would do better to have usmb pre planned guest stars where questions are agreed upon ahead of time
This.

I don't like live chat. Doing a call in radio is similar. See, on a thread, we can leave at any time we want without explanations. We can edit. We can have more free reign. In chat? Nope. On a call in radio show? Nope. I like the anoniminimitinty (lol) of typing my 2 cents and leaving in the middle of it if I want.
its all gravy, just dont hold us to the standard of being anonymous and able to edit.

we are live and putting ourselves out there.

that was just a hang out guys...i hope it was seen in that light. that was not our show, : )

also, usmb is way more timid as far as calling in as my previous "home base" site was........i guess im going to have to explore other options for the live-feed thread than usmb, or you think it will get better?

Probably other options.

People say a lot of controversial things here and would be worried to have any info of their's
leaked by calling in.

Not alot of people want to lose that comfort of being the way they are here and having to answer to it on air.

You would do better to have usmb pre planned guest stars where questions are agreed upon ahead of time and or some assurance that their numbers won't be leaked. Can people call with blocked numbers?

Agreed.

This.

its all gravy, just dont hold us to the standard of being anonymous and able to edit.

I wish you much success :)

This.

I am still waiting for the interview with a dog...

This.

I really think some of the nervousness about it will disappear the longer you do it. People will learn whether or not they can trust that it won't even hint at interfering with their personal lives.

that was just a hang out guys...i hope it was seen in that light. that was not our show, : )

also, usmb is way more timid as far as calling in as my previous "home base" site was........i guess im going to have to explore other options for the live-feed thread than usmb, or you think it will get better?

Probably other options.

People say a lot of controversial things here and would be worried to have any info of their's
leaked by calling in.

Not alot of people want to lose that comfort of being the way they are here and having to answer to it on air.

You would do better to have usmb pre planned guest stars where questions are agreed upon ahead of time and or some assurance that their numbers won't be leaked. Can people call with blocked numbers?

Agreed.
The only problem is that our show isnt a "usmb" podcast, it's a general discussion podcast simply linking ourselves at the usmb......

but ALSO many other places.

so if USMB users arent feeling like calling in, i cant lower myself to a begging type situation...

i have done this before and had a show that averaged about 8-10 callers per show, it was just home based somewhere else.

if its not a caller centric show, we can still rock it, it will just be a little different.

Probably other options.

leaked by calling in.

Agreed.
The only problem is that our show isnt a "usmb" podcast, it's a general discussion podcast simply linking ourselves at the usmb......

but ALSO many other places.

so if USMB users arent feeling like calling in, i cant lower myself to a begging type situation...

i have done this before and had a show that averaged about 8-10 callers per show, it was just home based somewhere else.

if its not a caller centric show, we can still rock it, it will just be a little different.

No you shouldn't lower yourself to begging, but you should also give USMB regulars enough time to be comfortable with your show to call in and participate. I think that will happen, but it takes time.

I apologize, GT. I'm just living in the past and comparing your show to my friends show when his was going strong. I put you up against a ghost and that is not your fault. It's mine.
I wish you well in your endeavors. And I hope others here will call in. Maybe it's the time frame of the show itself, or some other reason they were not calling in. I dunno. Or, we are all just blowhards, lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
You should also recognize that not everyone knows about it. As far as I can tell, you'be only had a couple of shows and tonight wasn't even a real show but a last minute thing. Once you're on a regular schedule and people know it's on, you'll likely see more participation.

I apologize, GT. I'm just living in the past and comparing your show to my friends. I put you up against a ghost and that is not your fault. It's mine.
I wish you well in your endeavors. And I hope others here will call in. Maybe it's the time frame of the show itself, or some other reason they were not calling in. I dunno. Or, we are all just blowhards, lol.

I didn't even know it was happening until it had already been on for a while.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
I apologize, GT. I'm just living in the past and comparing your show to my friends show when his was going strong. I put you up against a ghost and that is not your fault. It's mine.
its all good, i dont take anything personal and in fact, am grateful you took the time out to even listen.

j.r.'s interview was the bulk of this hangout.

he is not affiliated with me personally, he is usmb only.

least he called

lonelaugher = usmb also.

smoove = my personal friend.

it was aight for an impromptu hangout decided like.....earlier today.

i hope you stay tuned grace, we love ya as a listener. any special shout outs you ever have or what not, you have carte blanche.

You should also recognize that not everyone knows about it. As far as I can tell, you'be only had a couple of shows and tonight wasn't even a real show but a last minute thing. Once you're on a regular schedule and people know it's on, you'll likely see more participation.
i knowwit.

tonight was to explain sunday, really.....wasnt meant for a high viewership

our last cavalier club live show had 95 listeners, and still no callers. ppl can be timid or what not, thats alright. the show will be plenty packed regardless of ANY callers.

i hope you can call.

smooth would love it

i knowwit.

our last cavalier club live show had 95 listeners, and still no callers. ppl can be timid or what not, thats alright. the show will be plenty packed regardless of ANY callers.

i hope you can call.

smooth would love it

I'm game to call in and answer 20 questions or whatever Sunday. I'd prefer having the questions upfront, because I DO have kids I need to think about and there certainly are nuts out there, I won't answer any personally identifying questions, but other than that, ask away

No you shouldn't lower yourself to begging, but you should also give USMB regulars enough time to be comfortable with your show to call in and participate. I think that will happen, but it takes time.

In my opinion ... I think GT and Dyce are ready to roll with it ... And it is a good thing they are setting expectations a little higher.
If goals were easy ... Then that would be a sign they weren't setting them high enough.

They just need to stay focused and on track ... And I have every bit of confidence that they can.
Structure and format changes make things new and untested ... They have the ability to add doubts and difficulties.

Dyce and GT had a decent show before they started making changes ... And I don't think they are going to lose that in the changes.
They are going to do what they can to make it better.

In my opinion ... I think GT and Dyce are ready to roll with it ... And it is a good thing they are setting expectations a little higher.
If goals were easy ... Then that would be a sign they weren't setting them high enough.

They just need to stay focused and on track ... And I have every bit of confidence that they can.
Structure and format changes make things new and untested ... They have the ability to add doubts and difficulties.

Dyce and GT had a decent show before they started making changes ... And I don't think they are going to lose that in the changes.
They are going to do what they can to make it better.

thanks b.s., means a lot.

i knowwit.

i hope you can call.

smooth would love it

I'm game to call in and answer 20 questions or whatever Sunday. I'd prefer having the questions upfront, because I DO have kids I need to think about and there certainly are nuts out there, I won't answer any personally identifying questions, but other than that, ask away
im not trying to interview random screenname from usmb as a show segment.

this isnt an only usmb centric show...

BUT...
what i would encourage you to do.....is call in during the pet peeve/embarrassing personal revelation segment, say "hey its your buddy STTAB" and participate in that specific discussion in some way

i knowwit.

i hope you can call.

smooth would love it

im not trying to interview random screenname from usmb as a show segment.

this isnt an only usmb centric show...

BUT...
what i would encourage you to do.....is call in during the pet peeve/embarrassing personal revelation segment, say "hey its your buddy STTAB" and participate in that specific discussion in some way

Man , that aint gonna work for me. I'm an attention whore yo. :D

Forum List

Back