Worlds Collide - Episode 1 streams here, live(6/24/16 8pm, East Coast)

Disabilities often teach measures and capabilities that humans can overcome. The idea that we would want to eliminate that under the guise of eugenics seems fear based and pessimistic rather than celebrating the marvel of the human spirit to achieve overcoming a personal obstacle imo.
But the reasons for it would be over population. If you can't take care of people that could contribute, why would you take are of people that drain resources?
For eugenics to take over, IMO, it would have to be about survival.

I believe in something beyond human self absorption so to me eugenics isn't that important but I get where everyone is coming from. I just don't feel the same way.
how about the next show.....we do the spiritual connection between humans/meditative/hypnosis types of ideas.......

and mebbe drifter can help my fact finding...

Sounds judgy imo.
i like bacon tho

and eugenics :wink:
I like eugenics in the hands of the parents tho.

i dunno why thats bad

I wouldn't want my parents to decide not to have me because my vision isn't 20/20, and there are shitty parents out there who would decide it for all sorts of reasons. I like imperfections I like individuality, I don't worship mental intelligence or physical perfection. Emotional compassion and lovingness is much more important to me.

We just won't see it the same way on this issue.
Individuality is very important. I agree with you.

Disabilities often teach measures and capabilities that humans can overcome. The idea that we would want to eliminate that under the guise of eugenics seems fear based and pessimistic rather than celebrating the marvel of the human spirit to achieve overcoming a personal obstacle imo.
But the reasons for it would be over population. If you can't take care of people that could contribute, why would you take are of people that drain resources?

I believe in something beyond human self absorption so to me eugenics isn't that important but I get where everyone is coming from. I just don't feel the same way.
Your open mind is a blessing my friend.

I understand why you all feel that way and the good intentions and potential of it all. But I kinda like imperfections and see value in them. :lol:

I understand why you all feel that way and the good intentions and potential of it all. But I kinda like imperfections and see value in them. :lol:
Absolutely. My support for eugenics only comes from survival.
I agree with that part. Absolutely.

some imperfections are just too taboo.....lile the gene that makes someone a rapist serial killer

many times it is those imperfections that catapult an ordinary individual to become an extraordinary positive force in society

some imperfections are just too taboo.....lile the gene that makes someone a rapist serial killer

Again I understand the good intentions behind everyone's opinions on it.

If Princess Drifter could turn off the Hitler Serial Killer gene in everyone......shed let that slide?

cmon girlllll

j.k...

i dont wanna press our disagreements.

i much like the way you are.... as is. never mess with it!~

I don't have any physical disability except I recently had to get glasses.

I wonder how society would treat people who were born all perfect but then had an accident that caused a brain injury or physical disability.

Would they then be treated as less then a human perfection?

Would there be a stigma worse than people with disabilities face currently?

Last edited:

If Princess Drifter could turn off the Hitler Serial Killer gene in everyone......shed let that slide?

cmon girlllll

j.k...

You can press it but I don't have to indulge it. ;)

I wonder how society would treat people who wore born all perfect but then had an accident that caused a brain injury or physical disability.

I don't believe that those people would be looked at as "defects" in the human gene pool.

cmon girlllll

j.k...

You can press it but I don't have to indulge it. ;)
naww

no need.

I wonder how society would treat people who wore born all perfect but then had an accident that caused a brain injury or physical disability.

I don't believe that those people would be looked at as "defects" in the human gene pool.

Why not? If their parents had a choice they possibly wouldn't be born but since it happened after birth now they have to deal with them.

Why not? If their parents had a choice they possibly wouldn't be born but since it happened after birth now they have to deal with them.
Not if they were considered "perfect" to begin with. In eugenics, it's not the issues that result after birth. Accidents will happen to anyone. Eugenics is pre-determining characteristics before birth. And, accidents don't affect genes.

What about people who believe some are born gay and that there is a gay gene, will being gay or not gay determine whether someone wants you to be born?
It depends on those that set the rules, and determine what's acceptable, and what's not acceptable. It could get ugly if the technology falls into the wrong hands.

Forum List

Back