Guess who BP gave the most $$$ too?

"Bing" the 2008 presidential election, and you get a grand total of $1,500 to Obama from BP employees.

An amount so insignificant that it is, in itself a "red herring". A "Red Herring" attempting to deflect from the fact that Halliburton is one of the main contributors to this crisis.

Where's your proof of that?

Apparently it's true...

[Snip]

Concerns about the cementing process—and about whether rigs have enough safeguards to prevent blowouts—raise questions about whether the industry can safely drill in deep water and whether regulators are up to the task of monitoring them.
The scrutiny on cementing will focus attention on Halliburton Co., the oilfield-services firm that was handling the cementing process on the rig, which burned and sank last week. The disaster, which killed 11, has left a gusher of oil streaming into the Gulf from a mile under the surface.
Federal officials declined to comment on their investigation, and Halliburton didn't respond to questions from The Wall Street Journal.

[/Snip]

SOURCE

Actually Vast is lying again, "the fact that Halliburton is one of the main contributors to this crisis", isn't quite a fact. They have concerns about the cementing process and it will be the focus of scrutiny, doesn't mean that the cement was a factor in the explosion.

Haliburton was in fact handling the cementing process, whether it contributed to the explosion has not been determined.

Yes I posted a link from politico reporting that Obama took money from BP via PACS, then I provided a link that confirms that BP in fact uses PACS to donate campaign dollars. Where's the lie? If you are stupid enough to believe Obama didn't get a dime from BP that's on you, I'm not that naive.

The link from politico did not specifically state that Mr Obama took money through PACs. You should re-read it.

In fact, the Politico article did not list any sources or specific donations at all. It might as well be written by one of you people.

"Bing" the 2008 presidential election, and you get a grand total of $1,500 to Obama from BP employees.

An amount so insignificant that it is, in itself a "red herring". A "Red Herring" attempting to deflect from the fact that Halliburton is one of the main contributors to this crisis.

Apparently it's true...

[Snip]

Concerns about the cementing process—and about whether rigs have enough safeguards to prevent blowouts—raise questions about whether the industry can safely drill in deep water and whether regulators are up to the task of monitoring them.
The scrutiny on cementing will focus attention on Halliburton Co., the oilfield-services firm that was handling the cementing process on the rig, which burned and sank last week. The disaster, which killed 11, has left a gusher of oil streaming into the Gulf from a mile under the surface.
Federal officials declined to comment on their investigation, and Halliburton didn't respond to questions from The Wall Street Journal.

[/Snip]

SOURCE

Since when is that article proof that Halliburton was responsible for the spill? All it says is they are investigating.

and I mentioned a few days ago that my friend who works out there and has a lot of pictures of the rig burning, said the investigation would center on the cement....looks like my friend was right.

AND it also lends credence to my theory that the blowout preventer and an acoustic switch would have been useless

Last edited:
Yes I posted a link from politico reporting that Obama took money from BP via PACS, then I provided a link that confirms that BP in fact uses PACS to donate campaign dollars. Where's the lie? If you are stupid enough to believe Obama didn't get a dime from BP that's on you, I'm not that naive.

The link from politico did not specifically state that Mr Obama took money through PACs. You should re-read it.

In fact, the Politico article did not list any sources or specific donations at all. It might as well be written by one of you people.

Where is your factual proof Halliburton was responsible for the rig explosion and ensuing oil spill?

Since when is that article proof that Halliburton was responsible for the spill? All it says is they are investigating.

and I mentioned a few days ago that my friend who works out there and has a lot of pictures of the rig burning, said the investigation would center on the cement....looks like my friend was right.

AND it also lends credence to my theory that the blowout preventer and an acoustic switch would have been useless

I didn't say that Halliburton was completely responsible for the spill. I said they were "one of the culprits".

That is an accurate statement.

Actually Vast is lying again, "the fact that Halliburton is one of the main contributors to this crisis", isn't quite a fact. They have concerns about the cementing process and it will be the focus of scrutiny, doesn't mean that the cement was a factor in the explosion.

Haliburton was in fact handling the cementing process, whether it contributed to the explosion has not been determined.

On the other hand, it could mean that they are completely responsible for the entire thing.

We just don't know, which is why I listed them as "one of the contributors" to the crisis, not THE ONLY contributor.

I didn't say that Halliburton was completely responsible for the spill. I said they were "one of the culprits".

So where is your factual evidence of that?
..fact that Halliburton is one of the main contributors to this crisis.

Lying is becoming quite a habit with you huh?

BP and its employees have given more than $3.5 million to federal candidates over the past 20 years, with the largest chunk of their money going to Obama, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. Donations come from a mix of employees and the company’s political action committees — $2.89 million flowed to campaigns from BP-related PACs and about $638,000 came from individuals.

Read more: Obama biggest recipient of BP cash - Erika Lovley - POLITICO.com

Actually you said they were "one of the main contributors to the crisis".

On the other hand, it could mean that they are completely responsible for the entire thing.

We just don't know, which is why I listed them as "one of the contributors" to the crisis, not THE ONLY contributor.

I don't think you're capable of honesty, you must be related to truthmatters. You specifically stated that they were "one of the MAIN contributors of the crisis".

Last edited:

So where is your factual evidence of that?
..fact that Halliburton is one of the main contributors to this crisis.

:smoke:

Obama biggest recipient of BP cash - Erika Lovley - POLITICO.com

Yup you got it. Obama

While the BP oil geyser pumps millions of gallons of petroleum into the Gulf of Mexico, President Barack Obama and members of Congress may have to answer for the millions in campaign contributions they’ve taken from the oil and gas giant over the years.

BP and its employees have given more than $3.5 million to federal candidates over the past 20 years, with the largest chunk of their money going to Obama, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. Donations come from a mix of employees and the company’s political action committees — $2.89 million flowed to campaigns from BP-related PACs and about $638,000 came from individuals.

On top of that, the oil giant has spent millions each year on lobbying — including $15.9 million last year alone — as it has tried to influence energy policy.

During his time in the Senate and while running for president, Obama received a total of $77,051 from the oil giant and is the top recipient of BP PAC and individual money over the past 20 years, according to financial disclosure records.

HUH?

So does BP profits from oil leaks?

Does BP revel in the chance to dump its precious oil all over the ocean?

Obama biggest recipient of BP cash - Erika Lovley - POLITICO.com

Yup you got it. Obama

While the BP oil geyser pumps millions of gallons of petroleum into the Gulf of Mexico, President Barack Obama and members of Congress may have to answer for the millions in campaign contributions they’ve taken from the oil and gas giant over the years.

On top of that, the oil giant has spent millions each year on lobbying — including $15.9 million last year alone — as it has tried to influence energy policy.

During his time in the Senate and while running for president, Obama received a total of $77,051 from the oil giant and is the top recipient of BP PAC and individual money over the past 20 years, according to financial disclosure records.

HUH?

So does BP profits from oil leaks?

Does BP revel in the chance to dump its precious oil all over the ocean?

You'd think to read some of what a few here have said that this is their intent. And of course nevermind that the Earth leaks oil naturally.

(But that's beside the point). Some want things both ways while inventing a third. It boggles the mind.

HOLD to that...will you?

Apparently it's true...

[Snip]

[/Snip]

SOURCE

True. mea culpa. They ARE a contributor in the scenario. The term should have been involved.

Apparently it's true...

[Snip]

[/Snip]

SOURCE

Correct, and a mea culpa from me. They were involved and no one knows the exact sequence of events andwhat caused it.

Forum List

Back