gun-control efforts calls for sheriff to inspect gun owner's homes

In Ireland the police are allowed to come to your house and check if you gun is stored safely according to regulations. The gun owners who I know think that it is a good idea.

FWIW, this isn't Ireland. The Irish are used to getting pushed around and told how to live by their gov't.
This is the US, and the people I know not only think this is a bad idea, they would tell the police to get the hell off their property.

No one pushes the Irish around any more. It is a free, independent country. Better luck next time.

the scotus has already said gun laws are perfectly constitutional.

If a community desides to make laws then you will have to obey them.

get used it it

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAwtG_lfSk4]No Donny these men are cowards - YouTube[/ame]

the scotus has already said gun laws are perfectly constitutional.

If a community desides to make laws then you will have to obey them.

get used it it
Do you even understand the 4th amendment, Stooge?

Christ, it's 4:07AM PST, and you're already hitting the bottle......Give it a rest for just one day.

In Ireland the police are allowed to come to your house and check if you gun is stored safely according to regulations. The gun owners who I know think that it is a good idea.

FWIW, this isn't Ireland. The Irish are used to getting pushed around and told how to live by their gov't.
This is the US, and the people I know not only think this is a bad idea, they would tell the police to get the hell off their property.

No one pushes the Irish around any more. It is a free, independent country. Better luck next time.

In Ireland the police are allowed to come to your house and check if you gun is stored safely according to regulations.

And you call that free and independent, do you?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M6oW6a0iAw]The Big Lebowski (10/12) Movie CLIP - These Men Are Cowards (1998) HD - YouTube[/ame]

Flea says "His girlfriend lost her toe"

I never said that I had a problem with my mother in law. When my father in law is in my house, he is always checking our house for safety, and I really appreciate it.

The police here have the right to make sure your guns are stored safely, it is not like they do it all of the time. You just know that it could happen and you had better have them stored safely.
Soooo, your father in law comes over and checks for "safety"?

Why is that.....does he not trust that you are capable of handling it yourself?

I guess that's why you want armed government officials rummaging through your home to take care of what would be YOUR personal responsibility.

Too fuckin' funny!

My father in law was a builder and knows much more about safety. Not deferring to him would be rather stupid. No government official is going to be rummaging through my house. If I owned a gun, the police would have the right to make sure it is stored safely. I would have no problem with that. The gun owners that I know think that it is a good idea, we do not fear government tyranny.

Where the hell do you live? It sure as hell isn't the U.S., where the police absolutely have no right to inspect your home for safe gun storage. Certainly not without cause and a search warrant.

Last edited:

There are many in Northern Ireland who would argue this point...

Northern Ireland is part of the UK, not the Republic.

In Ireland the police are allowed to come to your house and check if you gun is stored safely according to regulations.

Yes I do. We are free and not afraid of government tyranny.

Northern Ireland is part of the UK, not the Republic.

Yes, I know. They are not "free and independent."

Your statement did not distinguish between the two, rather you chose to use the broad brush. The north would like the same consideration.

Yes I do. We are free and not afraid of government tyranny.

No, you are just used to the government telling you how to live, where to work, what to buy, what you CANNOT buy, etc. You are used to them being the great big nanny, controlling your healthcare, and in the end you are used to paying them a majority of your earnings so they can take care of you. If they did decide to become tyranical, I doubt you retain the civil fortitude to even provide a token level of resistance.

its a waste of time they should just ban the clips.

How long does a clip last?

how many years can it set on the shelf and still be good?

any gun owners know?

Forum List

Back