Gun Control - What's the Problem?

I'm a gun owner, most of my friends are gun owners, but i'm confused... What is the problem that most conservatives have with President Obama's Gun Control ideas? I hear the speeches, read the plans, watched the town hall and listen to commentary on both sides until my ears bleed and I still don't understand the conservative position.

Everything that the President has suggested makes sense to me. I don't feel threatened about losing my guns, and I don't think that a responsible citizen's ability to buy a gun is being threatened. I think anything that helps keep guns out of the wrong hands is a good idea, it will save lives! The only point I hear from conservatives on why they object is that they think there is a hidden agenda by the Left to take away all guns. That is ridiculous, paranoid and unrealistic, there must be something more...

Why does the pro-gun base object to background checks and regulations that will make it harder for criminals or irresponsible individuals to own a gun? I just don't understand the argument. Please enlighten me.

View attachment 59771
You're an asshole is what you are.
Someone who says "Im a gun owner. I'm pro 2A. But my gun isnt the problem. It's that guy's gun over there. You need to ban that." is an anti gunner and an asshole.
Obama's EOs will do next to nothing.
There are no measures that will make it harder for criminals to obtain guns, unless we ban burglary, theft, and being a felon in possession of a gun.
Next to nothing is something so what's the harm in taking a small step? And why do you bring up banning guns again??? NOBODY IS SAYING BAN OR CONFISCATE!!!

Can't we just deal with that if its brought to the table... which it isn't!!!

No...sorry. Owning a gun is aRight....the democrats used literacy tests to keep blacks from exercising their right to vote....they also used Poll taxes to block blacks from voting....that is why both are Un constitutional and violate the 14th amendment.....

we simply have to bring cases based on the 14th Amendment to defeat many of these taxes and bans.....

guns are already safe....they have safety features to keep them from firing when they are dropped and other features that make them safe......

You can't make a car safe against intentional harm......same with a gun.

Gun accidental deaths in 2013... 505...with over 320 million guns in private hands at the time.

Car accidental deaths.... 2013.. over 35,000
But to drive a car you need to pass a test, get a license and register each car you own before gaining the privilege to drive it. I don't see the harm in asking for gun owners to undergo a similar process.

And requiring blacks to pay a Poll Tax to vote…..what was wrong with that…it wasn't really that much…right? And requiring them to pass a literacy test to vote…I mean..what was wrong with that…don't you want to make sure that voters can read?

What you propose are violations of the 14th Amendment and 5th amendment…..

Is it your opinion then that guns should be handed out to every citizen like newspapers? Children, delinquents, criminals, mental heads, all should be able to exercise their God given right to bear arms so let's arm them all?? Is that the world you want to live in?

You can watch it straight from the horses mouth in the BBC news piece I posted earlier... I know its hard to take a break from Fox but i promise everything will be ok... Hannity will still be on later tonight.

So, you're a hack using shit from the hate sites to attack basic civil liberty, I get it. Soros put that crap up years ago; you're not clever or original. The BBC carefully scoped out a private seller to create a "gotcha" video.

You of the anti-liberty left are a dime a dozen, and you all use the same materials.

Next to nothing is something so what's the harm in taking a small step? And why do you bring up banning guns again??? NOBODY IS SAYING BAN OR CONFISCATE!!!

If his royal anus wants these measures, he can bring them to congress. That's how it works in this nation. We are not actually a monarchy or dictatorship, despite how much you democrats want us to be one.

Someone who says "Im a gun owner. I'm pro 2A. But my gun isnt the problem. It's that guy's gun over there. You need to ban that." is an anti gunner and an asshole.
There are no measures that will make it harder for criminals to obtain guns, unless we ban burglary, theft, and being a felon in possession of a gun.

The talking points at ThinkProgress and DailyKOS tell the Soros drones to claim to be a "gun owner" to gain credibility. The chance that this fool Slade3200 in his Jihad to end civil rights actually is a gun owner is virtually zero. He's just following the script from the hate sites.

I'm a gun owner, most of my friends are gun owners, but i'm confused... What is the problem that most conservatives have with President Obama's Gun Control ideas? I hear the speeches, read the plans, watched the town hall and listen to commentary on both sides until my ears bleed and I still don't understand the conservative position.

Everything that the President has suggested makes sense to me. I don't feel threatened about losing my guns, and I don't think that a responsible citizen's ability to buy a gun is being threatened. I think anything that helps keep guns out of the wrong hands is a good idea, it will save lives! The only point I hear from conservatives on why they object is that they think there is a hidden agenda by the Left to take away all guns. That is ridiculous, paranoid and unrealistic, there must be something more...

Why does the pro-gun base object to background checks and regulations that will make it harder for criminals or irresponsible individuals to own a gun? I just don't understand the argument. Please enlighten me.

View attachment 59771

This is the problem with small steps….we know the history of gun confiscation…it always starts with small steps…meant to protect people from guns…….and ends in confiscation….

And after each step fails to reduce the gun crime the way it was said it would…then comes the next "small" step……and when that doesn't work…the next "small" step…….

Firearms policy in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The first British firearm controls were introduced as part of the Vagrancy Act 1824, which was set up in a reaction against the large number of people roaming the country with weapons brought back from the Napoleonic wars.

The Act allowed the police to arrest "any person with any gun, pistol, hanger [dagger], cutlass, bludgeon or other offensive weapon ... with intent to commit a felonious act". This was followed by the Night Poaching Act 1828 and Night Poaching Act 1844, the Game Act 1831, and the Poaching Prevention Act 1862, which made it an offence to illegally shoot game using a firearm.

The Gun Licence Act 1870 was created to raise revenue. It required a person to obtain a licence to carry a gun outside his own property for any reason. A licence was not required to buy a gun. The licences cost 10 shillings (about £31 in 2005 terms), lasted one year, and could be bought over the counter at Post Offices.

Pistols Act 1903[edit]

The Pistols Act 1903 was the first to place restrictions on the sale of firearms.

Titled "An Act to regulate the sale and use of Pistols or other Firearms", it was a short Act of just nine sections, and applied solely to pistols.

It defined a pistol as a firearm whose barrel did not exceed 9 in (230 mm) in length and made it illegal to sell or rent a pistol to anyone unless they could produce a current gun licence or game licence, were exempt from the Gun Licence Act, could prove that they planned to use the pistol on their own property, or had a statement signed by a police officer of Inspector's rank or above or a Justice of the Peace to the effect that they were about to go abroad for six months or more.

The Act was more or less ineffective, as anyone wishing to buy a pistol commercially merely had to purchase a licence on demand over the counter from a Post Office before doing so. In addition, it did not regulate private sales of such firearms.

Does this sound familiar to anyone…….

The legislators laid some emphasis on the dangers of pistols in the hands of children and drunkards and made specific provisions regarding sales to these two groups: persons under 18 could be fined 40 shillings if they bought, hired, or carried a pistol, while anyone who sold a pistol to such a person could be fined £5.

Anyone who sold a pistol to someone who was "intoxicated or of unsound mind" was liable to a fine of £25 or 3 months' imprisonment with hard labour.

However, it was not an offence under the Act to give or lend a pistol to anyone belonging to these two groups.[64]

View attachment 59771

No, next to nothing is nothing. His EOs will do absolutely NOTHING to prevent gun violence or effect it in any way. T he only thing it will do is make more people get FFLs. This is reverse from the Clinton years when they decided they had too many people with FFLs and couldnt police them so drove a bunch of people out of business.
IN either case crime was unaffected.

No...sorry. Owning a gun is aRight....the democrats used literacy tests to keep blacks from exercising their right to vote....they also used Poll taxes to block blacks from voting....that is why both are Un constitutional and violate the 14th amendment.....

we simply have to bring cases based on the 14th Amendment to defeat many of these taxes and bans.....

guns are already safe....they have safety features to keep them from firing when they are dropped and other features that make them safe......

You can't make a car safe against intentional harm......same with a gun.

Gun accidental deaths in 2013... 505...with over 320 million guns in private hands at the time.

Car accidental deaths.... 2013.. over 35,000
But to drive a car you need to pass a test, get a license and register each car you own before gaining the privilege to drive it. I don't see the harm in asking for gun owners to undergo a similar process.

And requiring blacks to pay a Poll Tax to vote…..what was wrong with that…it wasn't really that much…right? And requiring them to pass a literacy test to vote…I mean..what was wrong with that…don't you want to make sure that voters can read?

What you propose are violations of the 14th Amendment and 5th amendment…..

Is it your opinion then that guns should be handed out to every citizen like newspapers? Children, delinquents, criminals, mental heads, all should be able to exercise their God given right to bear arms so let's arm them all?? Is that the world you want to live in?
Reductio ad absurdum fallacy spotted.
No one is suggesting handing out guns indiscriminately.
Try again.

View attachment 59771

It took Britain 93 years to finally get guns banned…….gun grabbers just use small steps to do it…..dittos Australia and Germany…they boiled the frog slowly….

Firearms are an right? Ok genius... So you do think a 5 year old has the right to take a gun to school?

Voting is a right. Okay Comrade... So do you think a 5 year old has a right to stuff the ballot boxes?

Anti-liberty left, bunch of fucking morons.
Intelligence isn't running high here... You make my point... No a 5 year old shouldn't be stuffing ballot boxes, there are regulations and qualifying factors

gun_control_girl.jpg

Firearms are an right? Ok genius... So you do think a 5 year old has the right to take a gun to school?

Voting is a right. Okay Comrade... So do you think a 5 year old has a right to stuff the ballot boxes?

Anti-liberty left, bunch of fucking morons.
Intelligence isn't running high here... You make my point... No a 5 year old shouldn't be stuffing ballot boxes, there are regulations and qualifying factors
Was anyone suggesting a 5yrold should vote?
Straw man fallacy.

Intelligence isn't running high here...

You are a Soros drone, intelligence isn't expected from you.

You make my point... No a 5 year old shouldn't be stuffing ballot boxes,

So the right to vote has no bearing on 5 year old stuffing ballot boxes; just as the RIGHT to keep and bear arms has nothing to do with 5 year olds taking guns to school.

Your masters fed you a bullshit line to spew. One must be 18 to vote, one must be 21 to buy a gun. Rights accrue at majority.

You were building a straw man.

there are regulations and qualifying factors

We don't give children full rights.

This doesn't mean that democrats can revoke the bill of rights.

You of the anti-liberty left are waging war on civil rights. The idiocy of his royal anus Barack Obama is utter nonsense. You grasp that he said he will "close the loophole" of commercial gun sales at gun shows; the little "gotcha" hit piece by the BBC involved a private sale, ergo the smoke Obama is blowing will have zero impact on it.

Forum List

Back