Gun free zone law disarmed Va Beach shooting victim lawyer says

We need to get rid of gun free zones....

You walk into a movie theater with your 10 year old daughter and this guy is sitting there holding an AR15 and has a large duffle bag at his feet

Are you going to sit next to him?

nintchdbpict000177717161.jpg

So you would rather take your 10 year old to an environment that attracts guys like this?

You mean popular movies like Batman?
Would you sit next to him if he was armed to the teeth?

Not really, but I'd have one in the chamber in case he acts out. It's better than being there like sitting ducks if some maniac came in and started shooting up the place with unarmed victims.

I am hoping they sue the City and each person that voted for the gun ban for accessory to murder.

Look, if Democrats want to hold gun manufacturers responsible for the actions of crazy people, then certainly the crazy people who make laws rendering good people helpless should also be held accountable.

Common sense.

It is a gun free zone

Yes, it is a gun free zone that's guaranteed by security. Much different than a gun free zone where somebody who wants to kill can simply bring a gun with them.
We are talking about the need for gun free zones
How about an NFL game?
Should that be gun free?

No, because again, nobody is insuring everybody is gun free. It's just a sign they put up to inform you that legally carrying on the premisses is against the law. But criminals don't listen to laws. That's why they're criminals.

Criminals listen to laws
That is why drug dealers will do business outside a school zone to avoid heavier penalties
It is why they won’t carry in a school zone because of higher penalties.

Oh, you really believe they do that? What planet are you living on?

They are not stupid
If given a choice of selling drugs in a school zone with higher penalties....they will go elsewhere

You walk into a movie theater with your 10 year old daughter and this guy is sitting there holding an AR15 and has a large duffle bag at his feet

So you would rather take your 10 year old to an environment that attracts guys like this?

Not really, but I'd have one in the chamber in case he acts out. It's better than being there like sitting ducks if some maniac came in and started shooting up the place with unarmed victims.
If I had my 10 year daughter with me, I wouldn’t prepare for a shootout

I’d go elsewhere

I’d go elsewhere

Smart move. Stay out of gun-free zones, and everything will likely be fine.

I’d go elsewhere

I go to gun free movies all the time

I wouldn’t if every asshole was armed to the gills

Yes, it is a gun free zone that's guaranteed by security. Much different than a gun free zone where somebody who wants to kill can simply bring a gun with them.
How about an NFL game?
Should that be gun free?

No, because again, nobody is insuring everybody is gun free. It's just a sign they put up to inform you that legally carrying on the premisses is against the law. But criminals don't listen to laws. That's why they're criminals.

Criminals listen to laws
That is why drug dealers will do business outside a school zone to avoid heavier penalties

They are not stupid
If given a choice of selling drugs in a school zone with higher penalties....they will go elsewhere

So where are there higher penalties for selling drugs in a school zone? How is a school zone defined anyhow?

You are making your claims on assumption and not fact. Not long ago, some lib wrote an anti-gun piece making claim of all these shootings on school grounds. It turned out to be BS, but the only truth in his claim was that people were bringing guns onto school grounds where it was illegal to have them. He included suicides and people who were shot or busted with a gun during the summer when schools were closed. He included kids who brought guns to school and never used them.

So it does happen more often than you think. You have nothing to support your claim.

How about an NFL game?
Should that be gun free?

Criminals listen to laws

They are not stupid
But they still illegally sell. They are just choosy of where they are less likely to get caught. It’s not due to following the law.

I’d go elsewhere

You have no idea if you are going to a gun-free movie. You are assuming you are.

Several years back I was at my grocery store and the checkout lines were long. Me and a few other people started talking and somehow our concealed carry law came up. The elderly lady behind me said how scared she was that somebody might be in that store at that moment armed. She did not support our new law.

I told her that she would never know if a person in the store was armed. She insisted she could. She said they have a certain look about them.

I asked her if I looked like one of those people who would carry a gun? She replied "No, you seem like too nice of a person for that!" I then opened up my jacket (I usually use a shoulder holster in the cold months) and exposed my gun. I just smiled at her.

Legal concealed carry holders have a lower crime conviction rate than police officers in our country. So those "assholes that are armed to the gills" are the safest people to be around in public.

How about an NFL game?
Should that be gun free?

Criminals listen to laws

They are not stupid

You want the whole of America to be a gun-free zone. Others have nuance.

Guns will be very important in the coming civil war, they will be used to defeat bad guys like you.

It is a gun free zone

How about an NFL game?
Should that be gun free?

No. If someone wants to bring a gun to an NFL game and shoot people, the law isn't going to stop them. Normal people bringing guns to an NFL game aren't going to use them to shoot people.

Riddle me this batman.....did the actual gun free zone stop this guy from bringing guns into the theater? And did the laws against committing mass murder stop him?

The gun free zone did stop all the normal people from having guns in this theater....allowing them to be murdered by this guy who did break the law to bring several guns into the gun free zone.

You do realize that this guy selected that theater because it was a gun free zone...right? He passed up several theaters closer to his home because they allowed concealed carry....you know that...right?

Carrying a rifle when there is no immediate threat is rude behavior. A rifle is something you bring when there is an actual, ongoing threat. Having one outside of an actual, ongoing threat is rude behavior, and outside the norm. Having a gun in a holster, concealed or not, is not abnormal, and is no different from having a cell phone for emergencies...

Big difference. It would be in the theaters right to ask him to put the rifle in his car.

But again.....this guy brought actual guns into a gun free zone....a real stupid post on your part....

It is a gun free zone

How about an NFL game?
Should that be gun free?

Criminals listen to laws

Mass shooters expect to die, so they are not concerned with penalties for violating a gun free zone law. Mass shooters are going to commit mass murder so they are not concerned with the penalties attached to mass murder, so won't be concerned about penalties for violating a gun free zone.

Are you actually this dumb, or are you just playing this dumb for the internet?

How about an NFL game?
Should that be gun free?

Criminals listen to laws

They are not stupid

Moron.......drug dealers are not entering the school zone with plans to die. So they will face the consequences. And you can already punish actual criminals who have guns on them.....already, because it is already a felony to have a gun if you are a criminal, whether you are in a gun free zone or not........so you have no argument that is logical.

You can have a law, that gun owners will support, that if you are a felon, with an illegal gun, in a school zone, you get punished twice....first, for having the illegal gun as a felon....the penalty should be 30 years in prison......second, as a felon with an illegal gun in a school zone....an additional 30 year penalty....

See, the bonus of those two things? You are not targeting normal people with your gun law......

And you know what? Every supporter of the 2nd Amendment would support those laws, and the double, 30 year sentence that goes with it..........

Normal people can then carry their legal guns with them, without fear of stupid gun free zone laws....and that would make those schools mass shooter free zones, because mass shooters target gun free zones. Knowing that parents and other people will have the option of having guns in the school when they visit, will keep mass shooters away.

I’d go elsewhere

You have no idea if you are going to a gun-free movie. You are assuming you are.

Several years back I was at my grocery store and the checkout lines were long. Me and a few other people started talking and somehow our concealed carry law came up. The elderly lady behind me said how scared she was that somebody might be in that store at that moment armed. She did not support our new law.

I told her that she would never know if a person in the store was armed. She insisted she could. She said they have a certain look about them.

I asked her if I looked like one of those people who would carry a gun? She replied "No, you seem like too nice of a person for that!" I then opened up my jacket (I usually use a shoulder holster in the cold months) and exposed my gun. I just smiled at her.

Legal concealed carry holders have a lower crime conviction rate than police officers in our country. So those "assholes that are armed to the gills" are the safest people to be around in public.

Did she have much to say after you revealed that you had a gun?

If you watch the show on either Showtime or Starz...called "Active Shooter," where they talk to the survivors of mass public shootings, you would know that if people in that theater had their own guns, this guy wouldn't have been able to kill as many people as he did........he entered the theater from the exit, and shot over the heads of the people in the rows closest to him. Why did he do that? The court appointed psychiatrist, who was interviewed on the show, stated that he didn't want to have any personal connection with the victims.....this is what the killer stated. He wanted the killings to be impersonal, and those rows closest to him made it too personal, so he fired over their heads into the back rows. In fact, as he was walking out of the theater, he walked up to a girl hiding on the floor....he made eye contact with her, and that saved her....it made a personal connection and he didn't shoot her. He asked the psychiatrist why the girl laughed when he looked at her......and was told it was laughter as a nervous reaction.

Had people in that gun free zone had their legal guns with them, they could have shot this guy and saved lives, especially if they had been in the first rows of the theater......but they left their guns at home......and he picked that theater out of all the theaters in the area, because it had a gun free zone policy.

How about an NFL game?
Should that be gun free?

Criminals listen to laws

They are not stupid

So where are there higher penalties for selling drugs in a school zone? How is a school zone defined anyhow?

You are making your claims on assumption and not fact. Not long ago, some lib wrote an anti-gun piece making claim of all these shootings on school grounds. It turned out to be BS, but the only truth in his claim was that people were bringing guns onto school grounds where it was illegal to have them. He included suicides and people who were shot or busted with a gun during the summer when schools were closed. He included kids who brought guns to school and never used them.

So it does happen more often than you think. You have nothing to support your claim.

NRA nuts scream how gun free zones don’t work. Someone wanting to shoot up a school will ignore the signs and shoot anyway
Where gun and drug free zones do work is to encourage gang bangers, thugs and felons to keep their distance.
Why risk higher penalties by doing your illicit activities around a school?
It encourages them to take it elsewhere

Criminals listen to laws

They are not stupid

NRA nuts scream how gun free zones don’t work. Someone wanting to shoot up a school will ignore the signs and shoot anyway
Where gun and drug free zones do work is to encourage gang bangers, thugs and felons to keep their distance.
Why risk higher penalties by doing your illicit activities around a school?
It encourages them to take it elsewhere

Gang bangers can already be arrested if they are in possession of a gun.....so the gun free zone is a redundant law. I see you didn't respond to my post....let me repost it...

You can have a law, that gun owners will support, that if you are a felon, with an illegal gun, in a school zone, you get punished twice....first, for having the illegal gun as a felon....the penalty should be 30 years in prison......second, as a felon with an illegal gun in a school zone....an additional 30 year penalty....

See, the bonus of those two things? You are not targeting normal people with your gun law......normal people can carry guns, legally, without fear of the law...while criminals get 60 years in prison......the best of both worlds especially since mass shooters will be less likely to attack school when parents and others may have guns to stop them.

And you know what? Every supporter of the 2nd Amendment would support those laws, and the double, 30 year sentence that goes with it..........

Normal people can then carry their legal guns with them, without fear of stupid gun free zone laws....and that would make those schools mass shooter free zones, because mass shooters target gun free zones. Knowing that parents and other people will have the option of having guns in the school when they visit, will keep mass shooters away.

Forum List

Back