Gun free zone law disarmed Va Beach shooting victim lawyer says

Do you think people should be allowed to bring weapons into a courtroom?

Big difference!
Everyone has to pass through a metal detector at the courthouse.

It is a gun free zone

You are extremely confused on this issue. I see why ou vote for Democrats. You exhibit just the kind of illogical thinking on which they prey.
I’m not confused
I am merely challenging those who propose eliminating gun free zones in all cases.
Do you encourage people to bring their guns to courthouses, airplanes, sporting events, bars, schools?

Criminals listen to laws
That is why drug dealers will do business outside a school zone to avoid heavier penalties
It is why they won’t carry in a school zone because of higher penalties.

Oh, you really believe they do that? What planet are you living on?

They are not stupid
If given a choice of selling drugs in a school zone with higher penalties....they will go elsewhere

So where are there higher penalties for selling drugs in a school zone? How is a school zone defined anyhow?

You are making your claims on assumption and not fact. Not long ago, some lib wrote an anti-gun piece making claim of all these shootings on school grounds. It turned out to be BS, but the only truth in his claim was that people were bringing guns onto school grounds where it was illegal to have them. He included suicides and people who were shot or busted with a gun during the summer when schools were closed. He included kids who brought guns to school and never used them.

So it does happen more often than you think. You have nothing to support your claim.

NRA nuts scream how gun free zones don’t work. Someone wanting to shoot up a school will ignore the signs and shoot anyway
Where gun and drug free zones do work is to encourage gang bangers, thugs and felons to keep their distance.
Why risk higher penalties by doing your illicit activities around a school?
It encourages them to take it elsewhere

Gang bangers can already be arrested if they are in possession of a gun.....so the gun free zone is a redundant law. I see you didn't respond to my post....let me repost it...

You can have a law, that gun owners will support, that if you are a felon, with an illegal gun, in a school zone, you get punished twice....first, for having the illegal gun as a felon....the penalty should be 30 years in prison......second, as a felon with an illegal gun in a school zone....an additional 30 year penalty....

See, the bonus of those two things? You are not targeting normal people with your gun law......normal people can carry guns, legally, without fear of the law...while criminals get 60 years in prison......the best of both worlds especially since mass shooters will be less likely to attack school when parents and others may have guns to stop them.

And you know what? Every supporter of the 2nd Amendment would support those laws, and the double, 30 year sentence that goes with it..........

Normal people can then carry their legal guns with them, without fear of stupid gun free zone laws....and that would make those schools mass shooter free zones, because mass shooters target gun free zones. Knowing that parents and other people will have the option of having guns in the school when they visit, will keep mass shooters away.
You can’t arrest someone for carrying unless they are a convicted felon
Sorry, I don’t support people carrying their guns into school

We are talking about the need for gun free zones
How about an NFL game?
Should that be gun free?

No, because again, nobody is insuring everybody is gun free. It's just a sign they put up to inform you that legally carrying on the premisses is against the law. But criminals don't listen to laws. That's why they're criminals.

Criminals listen to laws
That is why drug dealers will do business outside a school zone to avoid heavier penalties

They are not stupid
If given a choice of selling drugs in a school zone with higher penalties....they will go elsewhere

You want the whole of America to be a gun-free zone. Others have nuance.

Guns will be very important in the coming civil war, they will be used to defeat bad guys like you.
No I don’t
I don’t oppose people having guns for hunting, target shooting or self protection.

I do oppose efforts to bring guns into courts, airplanes, sporting events, places where alcohol is being served...you know
Gun free zones

No, because again, nobody is insuring everybody is gun free. It's just a sign they put up to inform you that legally carrying on the premisses is against the law. But criminals don't listen to laws. That's why they're criminals.

Criminals listen to laws

They are not stupid

Guns will be very important in the coming civil war, they will be used to defeat bad guys like you.
No I don’t
I don’t oppose people having guns for hunting, target shooting or self protection.

I do oppose efforts to bring guns into courts, airplanes, sporting events, places where alcohol is being served...you know
Gun free zones

But as someone pointed out, there are guns in court rooms. Gun free zones where there are no guns, by law enforcement or any law abiding citizen is dangerous and a target for criminals. Criminals don't care if it is a gun free zone or not. That is fairly obvious.

Criminals listen to laws

They are not stupid

No I don’t

Gun free zones

But as someone pointed out, there are guns in court rooms. Gun free zones where there are no guns, by law enforcement or any law abiding citizen is dangerous and a target for criminals. Criminals don't care if it is a gun free zone or not. That is fairly obvious.
Nobody is denying that someone wanting to enter a gun free zone to raise havoc will do so anyway

I care about the paranoid asshole with a gun and a temper. The guy who will get into a fight with someone at a sporting event, bar, public event

The guy who has a don’t fuk with me attitude and will escalate any conflict from a shouting match into gunplay

Do you think people should be allowed to bring weapons into a courtroom?

Big difference!
Everyone has to pass through a metal detector at the courthouse.
I was in court one time and I couldn't believe my eyes! This DUMBASS prosecutor lead a punk defendant up to the bench. He had taken his jacket off and in the small of his back was a Glock pistol. The punk ass thug was looking it over. I knew he was thinking about taking it.

They are not stupid

No I don’t

Gun free zones

Nobody is denying that someone wanting to enter a gun free zone to raise havoc will do so anyway

I care about the paranoid asshole with a gun and a temper. The guy who will get into a fight with someone at a sporting event, bar, public event

The guy who has a don’t fuk with me attitude and will escalate any conflict from a shouting match into gunplay

And how many times has that happened with a CCW holder? Don't get me wrong, it has. But when it comes to guns, those are the type of people you need to be least worried of.

Criminals listen to laws

They are not stupid

No I don’t

Gun free zones

I believe we changed our laws to allow guns in those places except courts. So far, no problems that I'm aware of.

They are not stupid

So where are there higher penalties for selling drugs in a school zone? How is a school zone defined anyhow?

You are making your claims on assumption and not fact. Not long ago, some lib wrote an anti-gun piece making claim of all these shootings on school grounds. It turned out to be BS, but the only truth in his claim was that people were bringing guns onto school grounds where it was illegal to have them. He included suicides and people who were shot or busted with a gun during the summer when schools were closed. He included kids who brought guns to school and never used them.

So it does happen more often than you think. You have nothing to support your claim.

NRA nuts scream how gun free zones don’t work. Someone wanting to shoot up a school will ignore the signs and shoot anyway
Where gun and drug free zones do work is to encourage gang bangers, thugs and felons to keep their distance.

Gang bangers can already be arrested if they are in possession of a gun.....so the gun free zone is a redundant law. I see you didn't respond to my post....let me repost it...

You can have a law, that gun owners will support, that if you are a felon, with an illegal gun, in a school zone, you get punished twice....first, for having the illegal gun as a felon....the penalty should be 30 years in prison......second, as a felon with an illegal gun in a school zone....an additional 30 year penalty....

See, the bonus of those two things? You are not targeting normal people with your gun law......normal people can carry guns, legally, without fear of the law...while criminals get 60 years in prison......the best of both worlds especially since mass shooters will be less likely to attack school when parents and others may have guns to stop them.

And you know what? Every supporter of the 2nd Amendment would support those laws, and the double, 30 year sentence that goes with it..........

Normal people can then carry their legal guns with them, without fear of stupid gun free zone laws....and that would make those schools mass shooter free zones, because mass shooters target gun free zones. Knowing that parents and other people will have the option of having guns in the school when they visit, will keep mass shooters away.
You can’t arrest someone for carrying unless they are a convicted felon
Sorry, I don’t support people carrying their guns into school

What are you talking about? Yes, if you are carrying a concealed gun without a license, that's a felony. You will be arrested, charged. and jailed until you post bond.

I go to gun free movies all the time
I wouldn’t if every asshole was armed to the gills

Again, incredibly stupid Leftist thinking......

So, EVERYONE in every theater is an "asshole" and a murderer? In spite of your stupid assertion, mass murderers are rare, very sick people. And almost always LEFTISTS.

No wonder you folks are so miserable.

What are you talking about? Yes, if you are carrying a concealed gun without a license, that's a felony. You will be arrested, charged. and jailed until you post bond.

which is a shame. Think about it....

The intent of the 2nd amendment is to give the people the power to resist government tyranny. And here, we've GIVEN government to right to dictate how, when and who can carry a gun. Do you see the sad irony?

I would argue the government has no business and no right infringing on 2nd amendment rights EXCEPT in the case of criminals and the mentally ill.
Infringement has encroached so far now that we thank the government for "allowing" us to pay for a permit to carry a gun. pathetic.

Criminals listen to laws

They are not stupid

Why? Because that's where their customers are. That's where they can lure the most gullible of our society--the kids. If they get a kid addicted, they have a new repeat customer.

You have no possible way of knowing if criminals are obeying school laws when it comes to guns. You are making it all up. It's just like any other conceal carry situation. How would you know who is armed and who is not?

They are not stupid

No I don’t

Gun free zones

And how many times has that happened with a CCW holder? Don't get me wrong, it has. But when it comes to guns, those are the type of people you need to be least worried of.
You are moving the goalpost
Is every legal gun owner CCW licensed?

I am cool with CCW trained gun owners
There are still places I do not want them bringing their guns

I am more concerned with armed assholes who have a temper and a don’t fuk with me, I have a gun attitude

which is a shame. Think about it....

The intent of the 2nd amendment is to give the people the power to resist government tyranny. And here, we've GIVEN government to right to dictate how, when and who can carry a gun. Do you see the sad irony?

I would argue the government has no business and no right infringing on 2nd amendment rights EXCEPT in the case of criminals and the mentally ill.
Infringement has encroached so far now that we thank the government for "allowing" us to pay for a permit to carry a gun. pathetic.

You can carry without a license in our state, just open carry though. Here, you cannot conceal a gun unless you have a permit. Doing so is against the law.

I have no problem with CCW licenses. Why? Because then I'm assured idiots don't have firearms on them. I've seen enough punks behave badly and dangerously at the shooting range.

If I know that only CCW holders have the ability to legally carry a firearm, I'm assured they went through the same training I did. They had the 10 hour class, they had to pass a written test, and they had to pass the range test, they were electronically fingerprinted and their criminal history has been examined.

The legislatures in our state are moving to have non-license conceal carry, and I'm totally against that. If passed, I predict problems with assholes having guns on them.

Criminals listen to laws

They are not stupid

Why? Because that's where their customers are. That's where they can lure the most gullible of our society--the kids. If they get a kid addicted, they have a new repeat customer.

You have no possible way of knowing if criminals are obeying school laws when it comes to guns. You are making it all up. It's just like any other conceal carry situation. How would you know who is armed and who is not?
Exactly why we have established drug free school zones

No I don’t

Gun free zones

You are moving the goalpost
Is every legal gun owner CCW licensed?

I am cool with CCW trained gun owners
There are still places I do not want them bringing their guns

I am more concerned with armed assholes who have a temper and a don’t fuk with me, I have a gun attitude

Anybody with that attitude is likely not licensed to carry. People who go through all the trouble to legally carry take it very seriously. It's why CCW holders are seldom involved using their guns for criminal activity. So there is little worry about people who are licensed to carry. Your much greater concern should be those who have a gun that are not.

They are not stupid

Exactly why we have established drug free school zones

I never heard of drug free school zones. We have restrictions on firearms near schools, ex-con sex offenders who move into an area are not allowed to live near schools, but no drug restrictions because selling drugs is already illegal no matter where you sell them.

I have no problem with CCW licenses. Why? Because then I'm assured idiots don't have firearms on them..

Really Ray?

Please explain how Laws stop "idiots" and criminals from committing crime...or carrying concealed guns?

Laws are for the LAW ABIDING ONLY. Remember that.

Also, since you're so "comfortable" with a government registration assigning your right to carry, what happens when radical Leftists eventually get power and they then use that registry to go after everyone registered to carry a gun? You can't see a potential problem can you?

Venezuelans regret gun ban, 'a declaration of war against an unarmed population'

Too many people sadly really believe that the USA is immune to tyranny. They haven't looked around lately.

Last edited:
We need to get rid of gun free zones....

You walk into a movie theater with your 10 year old daughter and this guy is sitting there holding an AR15 and has a large duffle bag at his feet

Are you going to sit next to him?

nintchdbpict000177717161.jpg

If you watch the show on either Showtime or Starz...called "Active Shooter," where they talk to the survivors of mass public shootings, you would know that if people in that theater had their own guns, this guy wouldn't have been able to kill as many people as he did........he entered the theater from the exit, and shot over the heads of the people in the rows closest to him. Why did he do that? The court appointed psychiatrist, who was interviewed on the show, stated that he didn't want to have any personal connection with the victims.....this is what the killer stated. He wanted the killings to be impersonal, and those rows closest to him made it too personal, so he fired over their heads into the back rows. In fact, as he was walking out of the theater, he walked up to a girl hiding on the floor....he made eye contact with her, and that saved her....it made a personal connection and he didn't shoot her. He asked the psychiatrist why the girl laughed when he looked at her......and was told it was laughter as a nervous reaction.

Had people in that gun free zone had their legal guns with them, they could have shot this guy and saved lives, especially if they had been in the first rows of the theater......but they left their guns at home......and he picked that theater out of all the theaters in the area, because it had a gun free zone policy.

If that theater was not gun-free, it's likely he wouldn't have went to that particular theater. He passed several theaters on the way to that one that had no gun restrictions.

Forum List

Back