Gun Grabbing Group hires actors to fake video, violates NY guns laws in process

Is this typical of Gun Grabbers?

• Total voters
When was the last time you saw a commercial for anything that didn't "make up circumstances" in order to make a statement?
You didn't answer my question.

Because your question doesn't make any sense.

Why are trolls promoted to admin on USMB?

Why is everything you post batshit crazy?

Some questions just don't have answers.

If you don't like the staff here, there are plenty of other forums that you can post on. Hell, if you want to be a mod so bad, you could even start your own.
Ya know, I heard that same bogus argument from an umpire working a game in which I was a player. It didn't wash there and it doesn't wash here.
As a matter of fact, if I were king of USMB for a day my first order of business would be to ban mods from expressing their own opinions.
You guys are the referees, not the participants.
As matter of fact, I could say the same to you. If you don't like the views of some USMB posters, go post elsewhere. Because here you are an official. You're not supposed to care who wins or loses and argument.
You're here to call penalties and break up fights among the participants.

:lol:

You're not the "king" of USMB, and you're never going to be. Therefore, your opinions about the role of staff are completely meaningless.

Why would anyone be a mod here if they weren't allowed to post? What would the point be?

Instead, they were.....?
Making a statement.
Which was....?
"Guns are bad", I guess.
And, is your statement made better or worse when you have to make up circumstances in order to make said statement?

ah but they're not made up --- those histories attached to the firearms are in fact accurate... those events did in fact happen.
Right. So what?....

I'm aware - the video isn't the problem. The problem is that Alex Jones doesn't seem to understand what it is.
To your understanding, what is it? Don't think you can just state "what it isn't".....Your turn

It's a PSA.
It is a sham because the prelude implies that it is something else.
PSA's are not supposed to express a particular political viewpoint.
This video does exactly that. That disqualifies it from PSA consideration.
I'd state the same thing if the video expressed an opposite viewpoint

There is no "qualification" for what a PSA is.

In the context that I'm using the term, a PSA is a commercial that isn't selling a product or service.
Oh yes there is.....PSA are for giving out information. Not to sway public opinion or offer a particular political viewpoint.
No, that is the definition of an 'infomercial'. Huge difference.

No, an informercial is a long-form commercial selling rotisserie ovens or salad shooters.

Whatever you want to call it, it's the same as any other political/issue ad.

When was the last time you saw a commercial for anything that didn't "make up circumstances" in order to make a statement?
That's just a dodge; we both know it makes perfect sense.
But, I'll ask differently.
They want to make a point.
To do that, they create a straw man.
What does using a straw man to support a point to do the soundness of said point?
The "soundness" of their point is not what we're discussing.
The "scandal" of how they made their point is the topic of this thread.
Uh.huh.
Well, to that point, I can only restate my original response:
More proof that anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

My experience has shown that the loons on either side of the gun issue argue only from emotion, ignorance and dishonesty.

I am passionate about it, but I am neither ignorant or dishonest, and I flat out tell you that they'll regret it if they start trying to take the guns from us.

Do you guys believe the woman in the ad is not an actress, and is actually having her house broken into in the above video?

And she must have a camera crew living with her too, shooting (no pun intended) from three different angles.

Funny somebody backthread complained about "manginas", and here's a thug who faints into a coma at the sight of a gun... :lol:

If you don't like the staff here, there are plenty of other forums that you can post on. Hell, if you want to be a mod so bad, you could even start your own.
Ya know, I heard that same bogus argument from an umpire working a game in which I was a player. It didn't wash there and it doesn't wash here.
As a matter of fact, if I were king of USMB for a day my first order of business would be to ban mods from expressing their own opinions.
As matter of fact, I could say the same to you. If you don't like the views of some USMB posters, go post elsewhere. Because here you are an official. You're not supposed to care who wins or loses and argument.

You're not the "king" of USMB, and you're never going to be. Therefore, your opinions about the role of staff are completely meaningless.

Why would anyone be a mod here if they weren't allowed to post? What would the point be?
Wow...You have a very short fuse ,don't you?
If you cannot grasp the concept of the 'participant'( poster) and the official (mod) I neither have the time nor the inclination to explain it to you.
I will put this in different terms....Once you become management( moderator) you no longer get to go out with the boys ( posters) for a beer.
There is a wall between worker bee and management that must be maintained in order convey at least the perception of impartiality.

What it means is that certain people will present a false message in order to advance their agenda.

What "false message" are you talking about?

The false message prominently displayed in the beginning of the ad that they used a "hidden cameras captured gun buyers reactions"

They were not gun buyers, they were actors.

Then they proceeded to claim the were "first time gun buyers"

Then they stated they "opened a gun shop in NYC". It was not a gun shop.

Then they stated "with hundreds of guns". They were not guns they were props.

They then said the "all the guns had a history" . Since they were not guns, they did not.

And that was in the first 25 seconds of a 3 minute spot.

Want more?
The "Doc" appears as though HE needs to be a patient.

What it means is that certain people will present a false message in order to advance their agenda.

The false message prominently displayed in the beginning of the ad that they used a "hidden cameras captured gun buyers reactions"

They then said the "all the guns had a history" . Since they were not guns, they did not.

Want more?

Tell me -- do you actually believe there's a real woman named Flo working in the Progressive Insurance building handing out policies in little white boxes too? :lol:
HUH?....Dude...Those are advertisements. You do know what advertisements are for, do you not?

Wow...You have a very short fuse ,don't you?
If you cannot grasp the concept of the 'participant'( poster) and the official (mod) I neither have the time nor the inclination to explain it to you.
I will put this in different terms....Once you become management( moderator) you no longer get to go out with the boys ( posters) for a beer.
There is a wall between worker bee and management that must be maintained in order convey at least the perception of impartiality.

I'm not "management", I'm a volunteer. I help keep the site together and enforce the rules so the experience is more enjoyable for all - including myself.

Most importantly, you don't make the rules here.

It is not up to you to determine how the staff here should act.

That is up to the owners of the site - you are welcome to present your view of how things should be done to them, but I would not expect them to agree with you.

The false message that weasely manginas go shopping for guns but change their minds as soon as they are presented with a strawman

That wasn't the "message".

They were not trying to fool anyone into thinking they were a "real" gun store - there are no "real" gun stores in New York City.

Then why did they lie and say they did open a gun stor in New York? For fun and everyone was supposed to know it was fake and that everyone knew they were lying?

You really believe that? :eek-52:

Yes.

This was the storefront in Soho:

imrs.php

Do you really think anyone would mistake that for a real gun shop?
Oh please.....Now you are reaching

The false message that weasely manginas go shopping for guns but change their minds as soon as they are presented with a strawman

They were not trying to fool anyone into thinking they were a "real" gun store - there are no "real" gun stores in New York City.

Then why did they lie and say they did open a gun stor in New York? For fun and everyone was supposed to know it was fake and that everyone knew they were lying?

Yes.

imrs.php

Oh please.....Now you are reaching

So that looks like a "real" gun store to you?

Want more?

Tell me -- do you actually believe there's a real woman named Flo working in the Progressive Insurance building handing out policies in little white boxes too? :lol:
HUH?....Dude...Those are advertisements. You do know what advertisements are for, do you not?

All too well.
But I also know how they're made, and what the technique of persuasion entails. And that includes theater, fantasy and metaphor.

Yes.

imrs.php

People who believe that "assault weapons are fully automatic weapons and that if you coat bullets with teflon that they will become cop killer bullets and that Glocks are invisible to Airport X-Ray machines...

Of course they intended people to think it was a real gun shop

No, they didn't.

There are no "real" gun shops in NYC.
Excuse me....WHAT did you just post?
Can you repeat that because I cannot believe my eyes....
Google

Yes.

imrs.php

People who believe that "assault weapons are fully automatic weapons and that if you coat bullets with teflon that they will become cop killer bullets and that Glocks are invisible to Airport X-Ray machines...

Of course they intended people to think it was a real gun shop

No, they didn't.

There are no "real" gun shops in NYC.
Excuse me....WHAT did you just post?
Can you repeat that because I cannot believe my eyes....
Google

If you bother to read the rest of this thread, you'll see that I already conceded that I was incorrect about that.

So that looks like a "real" gun store to you?

Question: Why would anyone think it's a fake gun store? No one thinks a shop in NYC is fake, especially when the real-estate/rent is mad expensive.

Better question is who gave them the funding for a such a lucrative hoax?

Forum List

Back