"Gun Nuts" ???

So, what do you call someone who supports all the bill of rights? Yep all ten of them just like they were written yesterday. I will fight for each and every one of them because they are the spine of our freedoms. The first gives us the ability to have a conscience based in the faith of our choosing. It also provides a voice to use first to keep the rest of our rights. The second gives us the power to keep our rights. The fourth amendment keeps us safe from moves against our personal information and the fifth makes the government the one that has to prove our guilt. The nineth protects the rights that are not listed and the tenth reminds us and the government of the limits on their power.

If any one of these rights can be removed then the rest are subject to the same treatment.

So, what do you call someone who supports all the bill of rights? Yep all ten of them just like they were written yesterday. I will fight for each and every one of them because they are the spine of our freedoms. The first gives us the ability to have a conscience based in the faith of our choosing. It also provides a voice to use first to keep the rest of our rights. The second gives us the power to keep our rights. The fourth amendment keeps us safe from moves against our personal information and the fifth makes the government the one that has to prove our guilt. The nineth protects the rights that are not listed and the tenth reminds us and the government of the limits on their power.

If any one of these rights can be removed then the rest are subject to the same treatment.

Horseshit.

The Second Amendment is about militias, and the fact is, most civilians don't need guns.

A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a person in the home than an intruder and will NEVER be used to fight off the evil gummit!

Without a gun, my uncle would be dead. More than likely, I would also be dead. No amount of wailing and teeth-gnashing on your part will change that.

Without a gun, my uncle would be dead. More than likely, I would also be dead. No amount of wailing and teeth-gnashing on your part will change that.

Or maybe that guy just ran away when he realized someone was home.

I know this is a concept hard for you to get your head around. Most burglars strike when no one is home, and when they find someone is home, they run away.

There is not this huge outbreak of home invasions going on. There really isn't.

The FBI recorded only 201 cases of someone being killed with a gun while committing a felony. In the same year, 83 Americans were killed in lightening strikes.

That's how fucking rare it is.

Or maybe that guy just ran away when he realized someone was home.

I know this is a concept hard for you to get your head around. Most burglars strike when no one is home, and when they find someone is home, they run away.

There is not this huge outbreak of home invasions going on. There really isn't.

The FBI recorded only 201 cases of someone being killed with a gun while committing a felony. In the same year, 83 Americans were killed in lightening strikes.

That's how fucking rare it is.

The FBI does not track non-shootings.

Here is an interactive map of newspaper articles where an armed private citizen usually prevented a crime.

Guns and Self Defense | Cato Institute

Gun control proponents want legislation that will restrict access to firearms. The rationale for such legislation is to reduce accidental shootings and the criminal use of guns against people. But if harm reduction is the goal, policymakers should pause to consider how many crimes--murders, rapes, assaults, robberies--are thwarted by ordinary persons who were fortunate enough to have access to a gun. Gun control proponents cannot deny that people use guns successfully against criminals, but they tend to play down how often such events take place. The purpose of this map is to draw more attention to this aspect of the firearms policy debate.

Two additional points are worth noting. First, the map is not comprehensive. Criminals will often flee the scene when they discover that their intended target has a gun. With no shots fired, no injuries, and no suspect in custody, news organizations may report nothing at all. Thus, it is important to remember that news reports can only provide us with an imperfect picture of defensive gun use in America. Second, when a citizen is able to shoot an attacker or hold a rapist or robber until the police arrive, it is very likely that more than one crime has been prevented because if the culprit had not been stopped, he could have targeted other citizens as well. The bottom line is that gun owners stop a lot of criminal mayhem every year.

Maybe the guns give off fairy dust that scare the bad guys away...

Get real.

You guys are being sold a placebo. The Gun industry wants you afraid so you guy their product. Afraid of "those people" and "the gummit", when a gun provides no protection at all.

Get real.

You guys are being sold a placebo. The Gun industry wants you afraid so you guy their product. Afraid of "those people" and "the gummit", when a gun provides no protection at all.

I have no problem with someone keeping a gun in their house as a form of personal protection

I have no problem with someone who likes to hunt, skeet shoot, target shoot or just go into the woods and shoot the hell out of shit

However, if you collect guns to fight off an eventual Commie invasion or to take up arms against your own government.......You are a certifiable GUN NUT

Horseshit.

The Second Amendment is about militias, and the fact is, most civilians don't need guns.

A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a person in the home than an intruder and will NEVER be used to fight off the evil gummit!

It's the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Needs you moron!

And your stats are flat out WRONG!

Evaluating the "43 times" fallacy

So if the Constitution says we need weapons for a well armed militia, then if I can find someone to sell me a nuke, I can keep one at home?

So if the Constitution says we need weapons for a well armed militia, then if I can find someone to sell me a nuke, I can keep one at home?

Again for you retards.

It's a Bill of Rights NOT a Bill of Needs!!

It doesn't matter if you morons think we NEED guns, the fact is we have a RIGHT to own them.

Get real.

LOL :clap2:

Get real.

Tell that to someone who hasn't been the victim of a mugging, strong armed robbery, rape, etc.

Horseshit.

The only horseshit here is yours.

Heller vs DC established the second amendment is an individual right, not a collective one.

If you want to protect yourself and your family, that's fine, a shotgun should do it. Anything above that is pointless overkill. Assault weapons are for the military and police. There. Wasn't that simple? Now you can all go back to your stills and relax.

Second Amendment is about militias, not private weapon ownership. Otherwise, it would be sensible for people to privately own nukes, warships and jef fighters.

Oh, nothing wrong with the Kellerman study, other than it makes liars out of the whacks currently running the NRA.

Second Amendment is about militias, not private weapon ownership. Otherwise, it would be sensible for people to privately own nukes, warships and jef fighters.

Oh, nothing wrong with the Kellerman study, other than it makes liars out of the whacks currently running the NRA.

That's bullshit Joe. It's about the people who were the militia. It's about all of us Joe.

Get real.

Tell that to these people.

Cases in which guns saved lives

You can repeat this NRA propaganda all day.

Fact is, countries that restrict gun ownership have less murder and less crime. Period.

That's bullshit Joe. It's about the people who were the militia. It's about all of us Joe.

Screw that, guy. I was in the Army and the National Guard. the last thing we'd ever want are a mob of average citizens running amok with guns. That would cause more trouble than it would solve.

Forum List

Back