Gun Owners, It's time to stop compromising.

And you exhibit your ignorance.

As with other rights, the Second Amendment right is not absolute, it is indeed subject to reasonable restrictions.

Consequently, the issue has nothing to do with ‘compromise,’ but what constitutes a reasonable restriction.

The Second Amendment is absolute, as are the rest of the first ten Amendments, that's what they're called, "the bill Of rights".
It's you who's showing ignorance! Go read the U.S Constitution, read it slowly, study it, and when you find the part that says "These Amendments may be reasonably restricted", come beck here and point it out to me, because I've studied the Constitution thoroughly and seem to have missed that part!

The Supreme Court disagrees with you, thus confirming your ignorance:

Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose […]

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA v. HELLER

Obviously Second Amendment advocates who have subscribed to this thread have decided to continue to wallow in extremism, stupidity, and ignorance as opposed to developing a compelling legal and Constitutional argument in support of the right to possess firearms incorrectly referred to a ‘assault weapons.’

Indeed, as a consequence of their extremism, stupidity, and ignorance, they actually undermine the rights enshrined in the Second Amendment.

The Supreme Court is nothing less than a political machine. Precedent does not trump the Constitution!

The two Party system has done more damage to the Constitution than anything. The 17th Amendment was sold to the American people as a way to give more power to the people, but what it did was guarantee a two Party system, and take power away from the States.
The two Party system guarantees a Supreme Court split along Partisan lines.
We are about 100 years late for our next Revolution.

And, Clayton Jones, you are about the stupidest person I've ever come across in my life!

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA v. HELLER

Obviously Second Amendment advocates who have subscribed to this thread have decided to continue to wallow in extremism, stupidity, and ignorance as opposed to developing a compelling legal and Constitutional argument in support of the right to possess firearms incorrectly referred to a ‘assault weapons.’

Indeed, as a consequence of their extremism, stupidity, and ignorance, they actually undermine the rights enshrined in the Second Amendment.

Yep, Heller was wrongly decided and it will be ignored.

There is a possibility that the US prison population will go from 2,400,000 to 10,000,000. But what can I say - we will not be disarmed.

And this is the type of ignorance and irresponsible nonsense which serves to only undermine the Second Amendment right.

Heller was correctly decided, wrongly interpreted by the lower courts, at least with regard to the respective AWB measures.

The Heller Court correctly reaffirmed the sound and appropriate doctrine of ‘in common use,’ meaning weapons favored by a significant number of citizens pursuant to the right of self-defense were subject to Constitutional protection, in this case the handgun.

The Court also correctly acknowledged and reaffirmed the fact that although inalienable, our rights are not absolute, and subject to reasonable restrictions, including the rights enshrined in the Second Amendment, where the prohibition of weapons determined to be ‘dangerous and unusual’ constitutes an appropriate restriction. AK/Ms and AR-15s are neither ‘dangerous’ nor ‘unusual,’ when compared to other semi-automatic rifles not subject to an ‘assault weapon’ ban; indeed, both platforms are very much in common use.

The goal should be, therefore, to craft and present a compelling legal argument predicated on Heller’s recognition that the courts should be as circumspect when considering the constitutionality of restrictions on weapons a significant number of Americans favor in the context of self-defense, specifically AR and AK/M type semi-automatic rifles, favored just as much as handguns.

Moreover, that argument should also advance the settled and accepted doctrine that Americans are first and foremost citizens of the United States, where one’s civil liberties are not determined as a consequence of his state of residence, and where one’s civil rights may not be decided by ‘majority rule,’ including the rights codified by the Second Amendment.

I'm pretty sure the Founding Slave Rapists weren't going about handing out rifles to their slaves.

They wanted to guns to be restricted only to those they considered worthy.

We should apply the same standard. not eveyrone needs a gun, not everyone should have one.
Not all the founders owned slaves but they were not given equal status. Gun ownership didn't apply. They did make it clear that arming ourselves was more than about personal protection. It was to prevent us from becoming slaves to the government. Which is the dirty little secret of the left. The want us to be subjects, not citizens.

Anyone who thinks he needs a gun to fight the government is exactly the kind of paranoid loon who shouldn't have a gun..

The dirty little secret is that we have 32,000 gun deaths and 78,000 gun injuries every year, because a greedy industry doesn't give a flip about public safety.

When people stopped hunting because it was cruel, they shifted their marketting to fucking loons... which is how we get Lanza and Holmes and Loughner shooting shit up.

I'm pretty sure the Founding Slave Rapists weren't going about handing out rifles to their slaves.

They wanted to guns to be restricted only to those they considered worthy.

We should apply the same standard. not eveyrone needs a gun, not everyone should have one.
Not all the founders owned slaves but they were not given equal status. Gun ownership didn't apply. They did make it clear that arming ourselves was more than about personal protection. It was to prevent us from becoming slaves to the government. Which is the dirty little secret of the left. The want us to be subjects, not citizens.

Anyone who thinks he needs a gun to fight the government is exactly the kind of paranoid loon who shouldn't have a gun..

The dirty little secret is that we have 32,000 gun deaths and 78,000 gun injuries every year, because a greedy industry doesn't give a flip about public safety.

When people stopped hunting because it was cruel, they shifted their marketting to fucking loons... which is how we get Lanza and Holmes and Loughner shooting shit up.

People stopped hunting, when the hell did that happen? You need to get out more.

And yet, the NRA extremeists go into panic attacks and hyperventilate if anyone proposes to make 50 round ammo drums and cop killer bullets illegal.
And yet you fail to show how such asinine regulations do anything whatsoever to address and real problem.

Essentially, you DEMAND that I relinquish my rights for nothing more than you feeling better because SOMETHING was done. You don’t seem to give a shit that the something amounts to completely ineffective laws that prevent nothing.

How about you actually come back with data and evidence that such measures produce RESULTS. I know, such a harsh thing to ask for when all you are trying to do is take away my rights…

People stopped hunting, when the hell did that happen? You need to get out more.

I would not bother, joe wouldn’t know a fact if it bit him on the ass and frequently makes incorrect statements without showing anything remotely considered to be proof.

And yet, the NRA extremeists go into panic attacks and hyperventilate if anyone proposes to make 50 round ammo drums and cop killer bullets illegal.
And yet you fail to show how such asinine regulations do anything whatsoever to address and real problem.

Essentially, you DEMAND that I relinquish my rights for nothing more than you feeling better because SOMETHING was done. You don’t seem to give a shit that the something amounts to completely ineffective laws that prevent nothing.

How about you actually come back with data and evidence that such measures produce RESULTS. I know, such a harsh thing to ask for when all you are trying to do is take away my rights…

FA,
We are coming to get you, in the middle of the night. Not only do I support a law that would take away your right to a 50 round ammo drum and cop killer bullets, I aim to take away your right to have tactical nuclear weapons in your basesment!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGCFmSFvIZw]NNS (Neighborhood Nuclear Superiority) - YouTube[/ame]

We are coming to get you, in the middle of the night. Not only do I support a law that would take away your right to a 50 round ammo drum and cop killer bullets, I aim to take away your right to have tactical nuclear weapons in your basesment!
Becaise I know the answer....
Do you know what a "cop killer" bullet is?

FA,

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGCFmSFvIZw]NNS (Neighborhood Nuclear Superiority) - YouTube[/ame]

Yep, the commies run out of gas and they jump right to the absurd. So typical.

FA,

No, you are not ‘coming to get me.’ I am not an idiot.

Rather, you are behind allowing the government to slowly and systematically erode our rights in order to do what is ‘best’ for us. I will fight you ever step of the way. I will call out fascist tendencies every time you allow them to surface and I will not stand by while people like you destroy basic freedoms.

There is no one trying to get me. The process is FAR slower and much more dangerous to our children than that. I can fight someone getting me. What you are allowing (with the ‘best’ of intentions) requires FAR more vigilance and unfortunately an apathetic voter base is corrupting the political process beyond recognition. It does not matter though – I will at least do my part and use my voice and my ballot to destroy your efforts. It is my duty.

Lastly, you still will not relent trying to limit my rights even though ALL of the data (if you bother to look at the source data and not ‘filter’ that which does not fit your agenda) completely refutes the effectiveness of gun legislation. Everywhere it’s tried it fails to reduce homicide rates. All over the planet in various countries and various states gun control has failed miserably and here you are, advocating for it anyway.

[

Hunting has declined as a sport, guy. So much so that there aren't enough funds to fund conservation efforts.

Expert: Decline in hunting numbers real concern : Sports

So when you're proven a liar you attempt to redefine "stopped". Fuck off commie.

I'm sorry you didn't learn English Comprehension in Home Skule, Cleetus.

Well you can have mine when you come get them. Deal?

Well you can have mine when you come get them. Deal?

Naw, man, I leave that to the ATF experts on separating loons from guns.

And when they frog-march you out, your neighbors will be cheering because you were scaring the children....

Forum List

Back