Gun Owners, It's time to stop compromising.

“We Can’t Ever Be Too Safe, Can We? It’s For The Children!”

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixhsuB6xMR8#t=144]Citizen satirizes proposed local firearms ordinances - YouTube[/ame]

And yet you fail to show how such asinine regulations do anything whatsoever to address and real problem.

Essentially, you DEMAND that I relinquish my rights for nothing more than you feeling better because SOMETHING was done. You don’t seem to give a shit that the something amounts to completely ineffective laws that prevent nothing.

How about you actually come back with data and evidence that such measures produce RESULTS. I know, such a harsh thing to ask for when all you are trying to do is take away my rights…

FA,
We are coming to get you, in the middle of the night. Not only do I support a law that would take away your right to a 50 round ammo drum and cop killer bullets, I aim to take away your right to have tactical nuclear weapons in your basesment!

No, you are not ‘coming to get me.’ I am not an idiot.

Rather, you are behind allowing the government to slowly and systematically erode our rights in order to do what is ‘best’ for us. I will fight you ever step of the way. I will call out fascist tendencies every time you allow them to surface and I will not stand by while people like you destroy basic freedoms.

There is no one trying to get me. The process is FAR slower and much more dangerous to our children than that. I can fight someone getting me. What you are allowing (with the ‘best’ of intentions) requires FAR more vigilance and unfortunately an apathetic voter base is corrupting the political process beyond recognition. It does not matter though – I will at least do my part and use my voice and my ballot to destroy your efforts. It is my duty.

Lastly, you still will not relent trying to limit my rights even though ALL of the data (if you bother to look at the source data and not ‘filter’ that which does not fit your agenda) completely refutes the effectiveness of gun legislation. Everywhere it’s tried it fails to reduce homicide rates. All over the planet in various countries and various states gun control has failed miserably and here you are, advocating for it anyway.

You will be assimilated. We have already set up the FEMA camps, and you will be reeducated. Your rights will be stripped away, and you will be required to listen to Joe Stalin speech recordings for 10 hours per day, until you can demostrate proficiency in speaking Russian. We don't have enough people to take 400 million guns away, so when you finally earn your red uniform, you will be sent out in teams to every home in America to search and confiscate them. If you can pass the entrance exams, you will be given an opportunity to attend the people's college, where you can choose a major. We will have Statue Design, Glorious Poster Construction, Propaganda Creation, Advance Grain Harvesting, and Heroic Heavy Manual Labor. Don't think that you will not be rewarded for your efforts on behalf of the people. Everyone gerts one glass on vodka per day!

And yet, the NRA extremeists go into panic attacks and hyperventilate if anyone proposes to make 50 round ammo drums and cop killer bullets illegal.
And yet you fail to show how such asinine regulations do anything whatsoever to address and real problem.

Essentially, you DEMAND that I relinquish my rights for nothing more than you feeling better because SOMETHING was done. You don’t seem to give a shit that the something amounts to completely ineffective laws that prevent nothing.

How about you actually come back with data and evidence that such measures produce RESULTS. I know, such a harsh thing to ask for when all you are trying to do is take away my rights…

FA,
We are coming to get you, in the middle of the night. Not only do I support a law that would take away your right to a 50 round ammo drum and cop killer bullets, I aim to take away your right to have tactical nuclear weapons in your basesment!

Since you seem to know so much, what is the "cop killer" bullet that you want to ban?

Last edited:
The ATF defines it as handgun ammunition. If any handgun has ever been made in a specific caliber, then ATF considers that the AP ammo regulations then apply to that caliber. That’s why you can’t buy AP ammo for cartridges like 7.62×39 and several others. The 5.56x45NATO is specifically exempted from this, even though there are pistols made for it.

There are no federal restrictions on other rifles ammo that are not produced in pistol calibers.

Consequently, cops wearing bullet proof vests don't have to worry about being shot by pistols in the chest...only by rifles. And, today's rifles have removable stocks.

BTW. I am a uniformed Sheriff's Auxcilary Volunteer, and my uniform and patrol car look almost exactly like a deputy's uniform and car. Since I am not allowed to carry a weapon on duty, I duck no matter what kind of gun is pointed at me. When I am not in uniform, I am a dead eye shot with my 9 MM Kel-Tec. In fact, I practice at the range with my rifles and my handguns on a regular basis.

Consequently, cops wearing bullet proof vests don't have to worry about being shot by pistols in the chest...only by rifles. And, today's rifles have removable stocks.
It's got more to do with velocity.
BTW. I am a uniformed Sheriff's Auxcilary Volunteer, and my uniform and patrol car look almost exactly like a deputy's uniform and car. Since I am not allowed to carry a weapon on duty, I duck no matter what kind of gun is pointed at me.
Thanks for your service but it's insane to wear a cop uniform while being unarmed.

Colion Noir says here many of the things that I have posted here and other places many times in the past.

Gun Owners have compromised. It's time to stop.

Gun Control: "Compromise" Colion Noir for NRA News - YouTube

yep, its time to unify, galvanize and fight back hard. be relentless. put pressure on your elected officials. give as much support as you can to the lobbies supporting our rights. educate yourselves. its not only time to put a stop to additional restrictive laws, its time to push to remove the existing infringing laws. the number of gun owners are growing. if you are a gun owner it is your responsibility to stand up for your rights if you want to remain a gun owner.

It's got more to do with velocity.
BTW. I am a uniformed Sheriff's Auxcilary Volunteer, and my uniform and patrol car look almost exactly like a deputy's uniform and car. Since I am not allowed to carry a weapon on duty, I duck no matter what kind of gun is pointed at me.
Thanks for your service but it's insane to wear a cop uniform while being unarmed.

Correct. A 55 GR 5.56 will (generally) not penetrate body armor. However a 62GR 5.56 LAP (military) will penetrate body armor all day long. Additionally, a 7.62 round (any grain) will almost ALWAYS penetrate body armor.

I, too, appreciate your service as a volunteer. However, in most cities today - there is no way I would work for ANY police organization unarmed.

I'm not the slightest bit "anti-gun". I probably own more guns than you do.

I noticed you don't seem to be able to answer my question, though.

He does not need to. The OP posted a video that actually outlined various ways that gun owners (and all Americans for that matter) have compromised with the gun control crowd. The fact that you could not be bothered to click the video that was imbedded for your convenience does not mean that he or anyone else on this thread should bother to do the legwork for you. How about you actually address the points given. You can ask your question again only AFTER you have addressed the examples already supplied.

It is also worthy of note that the gun advocates have absolutely ZERO burden of proof in this endeavor. It is the gun control crowd that is demanding the limiting of a right. Because of that, it is on them to not only show that the government has a valid interest in this endeavor but that the measures put forth actually address that. To date, I have not received one single piece of evidence that supports the gun control crowd’s case. Universally, it seems gun control laws have virtually no effect on crime rates. You don’t get to limit a right just for a feel good. You need to show real and tangible gains.

I am not arguing about whether or not gun control laws are Constitutional.

I am simply asking the question: At what point have gun nuts showed willingness to "compromise" on anything related to guns?

do you question the president when he has stated he has not been wiling to compromise?

And just what should gun owners be compromising on? our rights? there is no need to compromise on our rights.

Colion Noir says here many of the things that I have posted here and other places many times in the past.

Gun Owners have compromised. It's time to stop.

Gun Control: "Compromise" Colion Noir for NRA News - YouTube

yep, its time to unify, galvanize and fight back hard. be relentless. put pressure on your elected officials. give as much support as you can to the lobbies supporting our rights. educate yourselves. its not only time to put a stop to additional restrictive laws, its time to push to remove the existing infringing laws. the number of gun owners are growing. if you are a gun owner it is your responsibility to stand up for your rights if you want to remain a gun owner.

I couldn't agree more. The only thing, thus far, that has kept the liberals at bay is the power of the NRA. Without them, we would have lost our 2nd amendment rights already. "You can never attack a vigilant man" - Ben Franklin

I do however, feel that as Barry's term dies off - he just might try something radical - after all, he DOES have a pen. Interesting times lie ahead.

So what exactly have gun nuts "compromised" on?

Gun nuts on one side of the argument don't look any different than the gun nuts on the other side of the argument with the exception that one side is armed ... So who is really the nutcase?
I am just thankful all the gun owners I know aren't nuts.

It is already illegal for terrorist, crazy people and criminals to own firearms ... How about we prosecute the law or understand the law doesn't make a difference?

I'm not the slightest bit "anti-gun". I probably own more guns than you do.

I noticed you don't seem to be able to answer my question, though.

Tell me where is the authority granted to the federal government to allow it to have any interest whatsoever in the personal arms of the private citizen?

Every federal gun law is a compromise of our right to arms by those who took an oath to uphold and defend (and abide by) the Constitution.

And I don't care how many guns you claim to own . . . Such claims are never a real indicator of one's understanding and respect for Constitutional rights theory; such an empty claim is usually the first thing uttered by those hostile to their core of the right to arms.

You still haven't answered my question.

All you've done is repeat the arguments as to why you shouldn't compromise.

a few months ago I wanted to buy an FN Skar. I had to buy it illegally on the black market because my uninfringable rights had been compromised. but at least by having my rights compromised there is absolutely no trace at all of me having it in my possession. or if I ever decide to sell it, any record of that transaction or the new owner.

FA,

Rather, you are behind allowing the government to slowly and systematically erode our rights in order to do what is ‘best’ for us. I will fight you ever step of the way. I will call out fascist tendencies every time you allow them to surface and I will not stand by while people like you destroy basic freedoms.

There is no one trying to get me. The process is FAR slower and much more dangerous to our children than that. I can fight someone getting me. What you are allowing (with the ‘best’ of intentions) requires FAR more vigilance and unfortunately an apathetic voter base is corrupting the political process beyond recognition. It does not matter though – I will at least do my part and use my voice and my ballot to destroy your efforts. It is my duty.

Lastly, you still will not relent trying to limit my rights even though ALL of the data (if you bother to look at the source data and not ‘filter’ that which does not fit your agenda) completely refutes the effectiveness of gun legislation. Everywhere it’s tried it fails to reduce homicide rates. All over the planet in various countries and various states gun control has failed miserably and here you are, advocating for it anyway.

You will be assimilated. We have already set up the FEMA camps, and you will be reeducated. Your rights will be stripped away, and you will be required to listen to Joe Stalin speech recordings for 10 hours per day, until you can demostrate proficiency in speaking Russian. We don't have enough people to take 400 million guns away, so when you finally earn your red uniform, you will be sent out in teams to every home in America to search and confiscate them. If you can pass the entrance exams, you will be given an opportunity to attend the people's college, where you can choose a major. We will have Statue Design, Glorious Poster Construction, Propaganda Creation, Advance Grain Harvesting, and Heroic Heavy Manual Labor. Don't think that you will not be rewarded for your efforts on behalf of the people. Everyone gerts one glass on vodka per day!

That’s nice. Apparently you are incapable of actual debate, making a point or defending one.

I don’t know why I bothered in the first place. Live on comrade.

The ATF defines it as handgun ammunition. If any handgun has ever been made in a specific caliber, then ATF considers that the AP ammo regulations then apply to that caliber. That’s why you can’t buy AP ammo for cartridges like 7.62×39 and several others. The 5.56x45NATO is specifically exempted from this, even though there are pistols made for it.

There are no federal restrictions on other rifles ammo that are not produced in pistol calibers.

Actually, there are still pistols that will go through a regular vest, even with softpoint rounds. I have one, my uncle has two others. One of his will punch through even a rifle-rated vest like paper.

That’s nice. Apparently you are incapable of actual debate, making a point or defending one.

You must understand. To debate makes no sense if one is arguing with someone whose convictions are set in concrete and there is absolutely no chance to change their mind, and you definately fit that catagory. I don't because I believe in gun control while owning 5 of them myself,. so I can see both sides of the issue. When I come across someone who is dead set on maintaining the doctrine of the NRA, any debate is useless. So, why ruin my day? I prefer to have fun!

Anyone who thinks he needs a gun to fight the government is exactly the kind of paranoid loon who shouldn't have a gun..

The dirty little secret is that we have 32,000 gun deaths and 78,000 gun injuries every year, because a greedy industry doesn't give a flip about public safety.

When people stopped hunting because it was cruel, they shifted their marketting to fucking loons... which is how we get Lanza and Holmes and Loughner shooting shit up.
Well you can have mine when you come get them. Deal?

Naw, man, I leave that to the ATF experts on separating loons from guns.

And when they frog-march you out, your neighbors will be cheering because you were scaring the children....

People like you should be locked in re-education camps, beaten into compliance or just thrown in a ditch. You're a pestilence.

Its been banned since when?
And who, specifically, has, since then, complained about it?
Further, are "cop killer" bullets more or less of a threat to a ordinary policeman that standard .30-06 huntng ammunition?

BTW.... a number of pistols come in 5.56x45, 7.62x51 and .30-06; you can buy AP ammo for all of these.

You must understand. To debate makes no sense if one is arguing with someone whose convictions are set in concrete and there is absolutely no chance to change their mind, and you definately fit that catagory. I don't because I believe in gun control while owning 5 of them myself,. so I can see both sides of the issue. When I come across someone who is dead set on maintaining the doctrine of the NRA, any debate is useless. So, why ruin my day? I prefer to have fun!

so you mean like Obama when he said he refused to negotiate and compromise on the government shutdown, he and the democrats were the ones in the wrong?

Forum List

Back