Gun Protesters Plan March On D.C. With Loaded Rifles To ‘Put Government On Notice'

By Rebecca Leber

Almost 900 people are RSVPed for a July 4th march on Washington, D.C. where protesters plan to carry loaded rifles. In D.C., openly carrying guns is against the law. But the organizer of the event, libertarian radio host Adam Kokesh, says the march is an act of “civil disobedience” that attempts to prove gun advocates’ point in the “SUBTLEST way possible.”

The event’s Facebook invitation describes the march as a nonviolent demonstration, “unless the government chooses to make it violent”:

This is an act of civil disobedience, not a permitted event. We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny. We are marching to mark the high water mark of government & to turn the tide. This will be a non-violent event, unless the government chooses to make it violent. Should we meet physical resistance, we will peacefully turn back, having shown that free people are not welcome in Washington, & returning with the resolve that the politicians, bureaucrats, & enforcers of the federal government will not be welcome in the land of the free.

There’s a remote chance that there will be violence as there has been from government before, and I think it should be clear that if anyone involved in this event is approached respectfully by agents of the state, they will submit to arrest without resisting. We are truly saying in the SUBTLEST way possible that we would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.​

More: Gun Protesters Plan March On Washington With Loaded Rifles To 'Put The Government On Notice'

I'm sure Obama will have an adequate military/police force waiting for these radical gun clowns. When I think of "civil disobedience" - I think of brave unarmed civil rights heroes like Martin Luther King, Jr. and Ghandi.

so two elements of the first amendment right are being used ot portect the 2nd. I'd call that democracy in action. Excellent

and i'm sure obama will have more force there waiting. which is exactly what james madison was trying to prevent when he wrote the 2nd amendment and the states ratified it. how far we have strayed

Last edited:
Armed protestors on public property without permit is insurrection.

Period.

In the shorter video he says he will do with or without a permit.

If they do it without permit, they will be charged and faced enhanced sentencing guidelines because they broke the law while armed.

You mean like all those OWS protestors that were protesting in places that Scouts had been evicted from for singing the National Anthem because it was against the laws?

Are you saying that him saying he is a Republican makes him not a liberal?

Has Kokesh claimed to be a Republican? I know he ran as a Republican for Congress in New Mexico, but he's a libertarian.

He urged active duty service people to go AWOL, that makes him an anti war progressive, whatever he calls himself.

Well he is antiwar, but he's not a progressive no matter how much you want him to be.

Has Kokesh claimed to be a Republican? I know he ran as a Republican for Congress in New Mexico, but he's a libertarian.

He urged active duty service people to go AWOL, that makes him an anti war progressive, whatever he calls himself.

Well he is antiwar, but he's not a progressive no matter how much you want him to be.

I don't want him to be anything, I am pointing out he is not what he says he is.

There is a difference between being anti-war libertarian who believes bases his philosophy on voluntaryism/non aggression and someone who defaces property.

Antiwar Protesters Arrested in Push to Post Signs

I don't want him to be anything, I am pointing out he is not what he says he is.

There is a difference between being anti-war libertarian who believes bases his philosophy on voluntaryism/non aggression and someone who defaces property.

Putting signs on so-called "public" property is not defacing property. There is no basis to claim Kokesh is a progressive.

In the shorter video he says he will do with or without a permit.

If they do it without permit, they will be charged and faced enhanced sentencing guidelines because they broke the law while armed.

You mean like all those OWS protestors that were protesting in places that Scouts had been evicted from for singing the National Anthem because it was against the laws?

If the violators were armed, yes.

Putting signs on so-called "public" property is not defacing property. There is no basis to claim Kokesh is a progressive.

Why was he charged with defacing property if it is not defacing property?

By Rebecca Leber

Almost 900 people are RSVPed for a July 4th march on Washington, D.C. where protesters plan to carry loaded rifles. In D.C., openly carrying guns is against the law. But the organizer of the event, libertarian radio host Adam Kokesh, says the march is an act of “civil disobedience” that attempts to prove gun advocates’ point in the “SUBTLEST way possible.”

The event’s Facebook invitation describes the march as a nonviolent demonstration, “unless the government chooses to make it violent”:

This is an act of civil disobedience, not a permitted event. We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny. We are marching to mark the high water mark of government & to turn the tide. This will be a non-violent event, unless the government chooses to make it violent. Should we meet physical resistance, we will peacefully turn back, having shown that free people are not welcome in Washington, & returning with the resolve that the politicians, bureaucrats, & enforcers of the federal government will not be welcome in the land of the free.

There’s a remote chance that there will be violence as there has been from government before, and I think it should be clear that if anyone involved in this event is approached respectfully by agents of the state, they will submit to arrest without resisting. We are truly saying in the SUBTLEST way possible that we would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.​

More: Gun Protesters Plan March On Washington With Loaded Rifles To 'Put The Government On Notice'

I'm sure Obama will have an adequate military/police force waiting for these radical gun clowns. When I think of "civil disobedience" - I think of brave unarmed civil rights heroes like Martin Luther King, Jr. and Ghandi.

I think of Thoreau, who wrote a book about it. But I agree. MLK and Ghandi believed in volume, not violence.

14defense.span.jpg

Bring it on, NRA nutters.

Any fuckin' time.

I don't know what's funnier, that you think the NRA is going to be behind some sort of uprising or that you actually believe the military would place their support behind liberal kooks over rational people. :lol: Another funny aspect of your lunacy is that you post a picture of a plane Obama made a point to cancel production of... The comedy writes itself.

The plane bombers were part of a very militant Wahabi sect of Muslims.

Crazy boy was a sect of one crazy boy.

The issue is the potential of the lethality of the tool he used, as compared to a knife, a garden rake, a brick, etc.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back