GUNS again!

Why do you Leftytoons want people to die for the sake of politicization?

I am willing to accept that the above is not a deliberate misrepresentation, but it is a misrepresentation. It is those who insist on resisting all gun control who can be "rightfully" blamed (pun intended) for people dying. People who speak for better gun control do not have an agenda for people dying, but to prevent people dying. Those who insist otherwise are theorizing that fewer guns will = more killings, a proposition for which there is no evidence and less logic.

Logic and reason....thank you.

But wasted, I'm afraid.

You can have another mass shooting, larger than Sandy Hook, and still nothing will be done, because the gun nuts don't give a shit about innocent people being shot to death.

Sad, but apparently undeniable. The NRA has become a national embarrassment, and those who appear to be spokesmen for shooters are extremist. I would love for an acknowledged shooter to post here and present logical and compelling reasons why I am incorrect, but I cannot see it happening?

Question.
In the argument that the Second Amendment bestows the right to own firearms to all citizens...where does the 'well regulated militia' come into it?
Is it necessary to belong to one, or is there a determination that it means something else?

Question.
In the argument that the Second Amendment bestows the right to own firearms to all citizens...where does the 'well regulated militia' come into it?
Is it necessary to belong to one, or is there a determination that it means something else?

I think you have to look at the entire Amendment. Conservatives tend to look at the part that says "shall not be infringed".... progressives tend to look at "well regulated militia".

I think it should be looked at as if the entire thing is valid. I don't think that honest, stable citizens' right to own firearms should be infringed upon, but....I don't think that background checks for a history of violence and/or mental instability is an infringement.

I do, however think that if a person should pass that background check....they shouldn't have to go through it again with every purchase. I think it should be a fixed timeframe....say every 3-5 years that you would have to get it renewed.

I also think that with today's networking capabilities....waiting periods should be done away with. I mean, I didn't care that I had to wait 48 hours to pick up my pistol....but the place I bought it was 45 minutes away.... it was more of an inconvenience than it was that I felt my rights were violated.

Question.

I think you have to look at the entire Amendment. Conservatives tend to look at the part that says "shall not be infringed".... progressives tend to look at "well regulated militia".

I think it should be looked at as if the entire thing is valid. I don't think that honest, stable citizens' right to own firearms should be infringed upon, but....I don't think that background checks for a history of violence and/or mental instability is an infringement.

I do, however think that if a person should pass that background check....they shouldn't have to go through it again with every purchase. I think it should be a fixed timeframe....say every 3-5 years that you would have to get it renewed.

I also think that with today's networking capabilities....waiting periods should be done away with. I mean, I didn't care that I had to wait 48 hours to pick up my pistol....but the place I bought it was 45 minutes away.... it was more of an inconvenience than it was that I felt my rights were violated.

Cheers for that.
We have a gun-owner licencing system that means that you have to renew your license every few years - 10, I think.
Once you have that you can purchase a gun any time, off anyone - the seller must sight the license and the deal can be done...simple really.
There's no registry of the guns that you own, the only central record is that you are licenced to own firearms.

Question.

Gun owners could resolve the "well regulated militia" issue in a heartbeat but it would scare the shit out of the "government" and those who want to do away with gun owners. Pick your poison.

Question.

Gun owners could resolve the "well regulated militia" issue in a heartbeat but it would scare the shit out of the "government" and those who want to do away with gun owners. Pick your poison.

Why would it "scare the government" if it's well regulated by the government?

Seriously? Do away with gun owners? Batshit crazy....

I wonder why it never occurs to people that maybe the ones who voted against the gun bill really believe in the second amendment. It just might be that these brave individuals saw the bill for what it was and saw that it would do nothing to prevent crimes. Maybe they actually want to live up to their oath to protect and preserve the constitution of the USA.

I wonder why it never occurs to people that maybe the ones who voted against the gun bill really believe in the second amendment. It just might be that these brave individuals saw the bill for what it was and saw that it would do nothing to prevent crimes. Maybe they actually want to live up to their oath to protect and preserve the constitution of the USA.

A politician voting for something more honorable than his/her own re-election ? Never.

Some of my state representatives did this year. Hope is eternal.
I have a list of those who told me they would stand by their oath to "protect and preserve" both the state and US constitution and I am watching them and keeping their names in my "to vote for" list for next time. If they aren't on my list - out they go!

Why do you Leftytoons want people to die for the sake of politicization?

I am willing to accept that the above is not a deliberate misrepresentation, but it is a misrepresentation. It is those who insist on resisting all gun control who can be "rightfully" blamed (pun intended) for people dying.

Jesus I swear it's like a broken record. It is a deliberate representation. The people who claim they care but take no action to address the real problem for fear of losing their jobs are the problem.

IMO bigreb's argument is extremist and self defeating. It is the equivalent of arguing that until there is no crime, laws are a failure.

blow it out your ass shit stain.

Sounds like logic embarrasses this poster.

No I am not embarrassed for myself just idiots like you. but it is extreme to be anti gun, it is extreme to support the same issue the KKK would support

Question.

Cheers for that.
We have a gun-owner licencing system that means that you have to renew your license every few years - 10, I think.
Once you have that you can purchase a gun any time, off anyone - the seller must sight the license and the deal can be done...simple really.
There's no registry of the guns that you own, the only central record is that you are licenced to own firearms.

And you also have unannounced home inspections

Cheers for that.

Guest Post on Gun Ownership in Western Australia ? Jeffrey Sachs

Cheers for that.

Guest Post on Gun Ownership in Western Australia ? Jeffrey Sachs

Odd, I had a license in a couple of weeks and, after an initial inspection I've never seen them again...that was about 20 years ago.
Why have I been missing out on unannounced home inspections?
I could be a danger to the community...I'm writing to my member of parliament!!!!

Odd, I had a license in a couple of weeks and, after an initial inspection I've never seen them again...that was about 20 years ago.
Why have I been missing out on unannounced home inspections?
I could be a danger to the community...I'm writing to my member of parliament!!!!

So what you're saying is that your government doesn't inspect homes of gun owners? Are you saying this isn't true?

Forum List

Back