guns for everyone

Yet you're scared to give a strait answer as to what you do for a living.

Not scared at all to give a STRAIGHT answer .. I've said it before that I'm an LEO. But, I spend almost as much time in the office as out of it. So ... the question still stands, am I, in your opinion, a scared, little pussy'?

THE SKY IS FALLING... THE SKY IS FALLING... THE WORLD IS GOING TO BLOW UP... RUN FOR THE HILLS...

The sky isn't falling, but lots of kids are dead when they didn't have to be.

More die at the hands of their loving parents.

You're probably right. Would making sure that each and every one of those murderous parents was armed at ll times make everyone safer? Isn't that your claim? More guns make people safer?

THE SKY IS FALLING... THE SKY IS FALLING... THE WORLD IS GOING TO BLOW UP... RUN FOR THE HILLS...

Yes, because morons like you give the crazy asshole defenseless targets. Takes a real idiot to do that. Hello idiot.:bye1:

Yep......Those 5 year olds should have been armed.

No you fucking prick, the teachers SHOULD have the ability to defend those kids. But assholes like you demand they be helpless so that they get to die for your political bullshit. Fuck you.

Yet you're scared to give a strait answer as to what you do for a living.

Not scared at all to give a STRAIGHT answer .. I've said it before that I'm an LEO. But, I spend almost as much time in the office as out of it. So ... the question still stands, am I, in your opinion, a scared, little pussy'?

If you are like some cops I know, you could be, but carrying a gun for your job doesn't make you a pussy. I'm not against guns. I'm against idiots with guns.

I'm against idiots with guns.

How do you decide who is, and who is not, an idiot? IQ Test? Political persuasion? Religious affiliation? What is your plan to decide just who is smart enough for you to grant them the right to carry a firearm?

Yes, because morons like you give the crazy asshole defenseless targets. Takes a real idiot to do that. Hello idiot.:bye1:

Yep......Those 5 year olds should have been armed.

No you fucking prick, the teachers SHOULD have the ability to defend those kids. But assholes like you demand they be helpless so that they get to die for your political bullshit. Fuck you.

Right. We all know that a degree in elementary education prepares those young teachers to teach the alphabet, help kids learn to relate to others, expect a child to have a bathroom accident occasionally, and be prepared for armed guerrilla combat with the necessity to kill one or more assailants at any time. Some of those classes are really tough.

I'm against idiots with guns.

How do you decide who is, and who is not, an idiot? IQ Test? Political persuasion? Religious affiliation? What is your plan to decide just who is smart enough for you to grant them the right to carry a firearm?

Those considerations are never determined when anyone can buy a gun without any background check. If you are a cop, you know a large portion of the public doesn't have the sense of attitude to have a gun. Making sure those people are armed doesn't make them safer.

Many of them will use their concealed weapons to kill a spouse or family member.
First of all, if you are going to use your weapon to kill a spouse or family member, why bother concealing it? And second, who is to say those spouses and family members didn't have it coming anyway?

If you are a cop, you know a large portion of the public doesn't have the sense of attitude to have a gun. Making sure those people are armed doesn't make them safer.

In fact, I immediately noticed one difference between legal and illegal carriers on the job ... holsters. Legal carriers nearly always use one, while illegal carriers universally do not. When I meet a MOTP who is carrying, that will often be my first determination on how wary I am of that individual.

I meet people every day who aren't in the presence of mind to be driving a car, catching a bus, or being around children ... If they aren't breaking the law, I don't get to decide if they get to own a car, use public transport, or have kids. I wouldn't want to ... unlike you, my prescience when it comes to people's possible future misdeeds is not infallible.

Those considerations are never determined when anyone can buy a gun without any background check.

Where, precisely, can one legally do that anywhere in the US?

The following states have no background check of any kind unless you are buying from a licensed dealer.

Any private seller can sell you a gun out of the trunk of his car without even asking your name. No background check, no record, no paper work of any kind.

Alabama

Alaska

Arizona

Arkansas

Georgia

Idaho

Indiana

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Mississippi

Missouri

Montana

New Mexico

North Dakota

Ohio

Oklahoma

South Carolina

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Vermont

Virginia

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Wyoming

If you are a cop, you know a large portion of the public doesn't have the sense of attitude to have a gun. Making sure those people are armed doesn't make them safer.

In fact, I immediately noticed one difference between legal and illegal carriers on the job ... holsters. Legal carriers nearly always use one, while illegal carriers universally do not. When I meet a MOTP who is carrying, that will often be my first determination on how wary I am of that individual.

I meet people every day who aren't in the presence of mind to be driving a car, catching a bus, or being around children ... If they aren't breaking the law, I don't get to decide if they get to own a car, use public transport, or have kids. I wouldn't want to ... unlike you, my prescience when it comes to people's possible future misdeeds is not infallible.

If you're honest, you do know many of them should never be armed. Yet you support the NRA who works tirelessly to make sure every one of them has the chance to be armed 24/7. Doesn't make sense to me.

unless you are buying from a licensed dealer.

Not buying from a licensed dealer
Those considerations are never determined when anyone can buy a gun without any background check.

The following states have no background check of any kind unless you are buying from a licensed dealer.

Any private seller can sell you a gun out of the trunk of his car without even asking your name. No background check, no record, no paper work of any kind.

Alabama

Alaska

Arizona

Arkansas

Georgia

Idaho

Indiana

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Mississippi

Missouri

Montana

New Mexico

North Dakota

Ohio

Oklahoma

South Carolina

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Vermont

Virginia

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Wyoming

You neglected to point out that those states only don't require gun sales to be conducted by an FFL (requiring a Federal Background Check) but have state laws prohibiting the transfer of firearms to those persons who would be ineligible on a background check. Some are much stricter than the federal requirements. Alabama, for example, forbids selling a handgun to someone who is a habitual drunk (not something prohibited under Federal law.

The belief that a prohibited person can legally buy a firearm in any of those states is untrue.

If you're honest, you do know many of them should never be armed. Yet you support the NRA who works tirelessly to make sure every one of them has the chance to be armed 24/7. Doesn't make sense to me.

I support all civil liberties in this country. I support the right to freely speak your mind without government interference. I support the right of all citizens of legal age to vote and I also support the right of any eligible citizen to both own and carry a firearm if they desire.

As a person who purports to be a progressive, I'm amazed that you would be in favour of the curtailment of ANY civil liberties.

unless you are buying from a licensed dealer.

Not buying from a licensed dealer

Alabama

Alaska

Arizona

Arkansas

Georgia

Idaho

Indiana

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Mississippi

Missouri

Montana

New Mexico

North Dakota

Ohio

Oklahoma

South Carolina

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Vermont

Virginia

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Wyoming

You neglected to point out that those states only don't require gun sales to be conducted by an FFL (requiring a Federal Background Check) but have state laws prohibiting the transfer of firearms to those persons who would be ineligible on a background check. Some are much stricter than the federal requirements. Alabama, for example, forbids selling a handgun to someone who is a habitual drunk (not something prohibited under Federal law.

The belief that a prohibited person can legally buy a firearm in any of those states is untrue.
There is no check of any kind. The seller is not obligated to know, or even ask if the purchaser is eligible or not. You got the money, they are perfectly legal selling you the gun. Don't start playing dumb on me now. A simple instant background check would notify the seller who he shouldn't sell the gun to, and give him liability for selling to known bad guys.

Because when you have the chance to be Somalia, why not!
Ww have a couple hundred million more guns in the US than Somalia has so ..
Now A city like Chicago is more like Somalia but you have to ask yourself how can that be if they have tough gun laws ?

Forum List

Back