guns for everyone

Those considerations are never determined when anyone can buy a gun without any background check.

Where, precisely, can one legally do that anywhere in the US?

The following states have no background check of any kind unless you are buying from a licensed dealer.

Any private seller can sell you a gun out of the trunk of his car without even asking your name. No background check, no record, no paper work of any kind.

Alabama

Alaska

Arizona

Arkansas

Georgia

Idaho

Indiana

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Mississippi

Missouri

Montana

New Mexico

North Dakota

Ohio

Oklahoma

South Carolina

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Vermont

Virginia

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Wyoming
Millions of guns are sold, how many are used in crimes? A tiny percentage of a tiny percentage of a tiny percentage

So you think gun crime is not a problem. Typical gun nut.

You're probably right. Would making sure that each and every one of those murderous parents was armed at ll times make everyone safer? Isn't that your claim? More guns make people safer?

if you're being as honest as you keep saying you are and wondering why others can't see what you so plainly see - then you'd have to admit that this question is situational at best.

if your family was at a school where a shooter came along and started killing people, would you want your family to have guns, or is that not going to help the situation?

if you live in a neighborhood where killing is commonplace (we call that chicago these days) does more guns help? again, situational at best. likely not. then again it would be pretty hard to put MORE guns in chicago - i mean look at their strict gun laws. maybe more laws will make us safer then, huh?

so if you're being honest - and how could you not be since you keep using that word - would you want your family in that situation to have a gun? then, would more laws help in chicago or enforcement of existing laws is now needed, perhaps?

you can't get an absolute answer from a situational question.

*IF* you're being honest.

If you are a cop, you know a large portion of the public doesn't have the sense of attitude to have a gun. Making sure those people are armed doesn't make them safer.

In fact, I immediately noticed one difference between legal and illegal carriers on the job ... holsters. Legal carriers nearly always use one, while illegal carriers universally do not. When I meet a MOTP who is carrying, that will often be my first determination on how wary I am of that individual.

I meet people every day who aren't in the presence of mind to be driving a car, catching a bus, or being around children ... If they aren't breaking the law, I don't get to decide if they get to own a car, use public transport, or have kids. I wouldn't want to ... unlike you, my prescience when it comes to people's possible future misdeeds is not infallible.

If you're honest, you do know many of them should never be armed. Yet you support the NRA who works tirelessly to make sure every one of them has the chance to be armed 24/7. Doesn't make sense to me.
Progressives don't get to tell who and who cannot arm themselves, they don't have the common sense and morality to do so.
The Second Amendment is an absolute right

Not according to the SC

all the cowards who are too afraid to face life without being armed

I openly carry a gun every day on my job and concealed carry on my way to and from work. Does that make me a coward?

Depends on what your job is. If you are a cop, military, or a body guard, you probably need it. If you work in an office, you're a scared little pussy.

A scared little pussy because I am able to defend myself and family and not whine like a little bitch, like you, for mommy to come save me?

Ummmmm.....OK.

And how often do you need to do that. In all your life.

Never. But the paranoia is palpable. Own a gun but Jesus don't be one of these nutjobs that sleeps with it and licks it clean every day.
Your butthole is what's palpitating. You fool no one with your smears. Guns make you pee yourself, we get it.

I'm against idiots with guns.

How do you decide who is, and who is not, an idiot? IQ Test? Political persuasion? Religious affiliation? What is your plan to decide just who is smart enough for you to grant them the right to carry a firearm?

Those considerations are never determined when anyone can buy a gun without any background check. If you are a cop, you know a large portion of the public doesn't have the sense of attitude to have a gun. Making sure those people are armed doesn't make them safer.
...another steamer in the yard planted by bulldog. FFL sales go through a federal check, even cops. And most cops are pro 2nd. You are clueless but for some reason take great pride in it. Weird!

Yes. Only registered firearms sellers are obligated to do background checks. Individual sellers in the above list of states are not required to do anything. Is that too complicated for you?

A simple instant background check would notify the seller who he shouldn't sell the gun to, and give him liability for selling to known bad guys.
It can take three days for a FFL dealer. How does a private seller go about it "instantly"? And what's your evidence it's a problem anyway? Thugs get their weapons illegally.

Keep telling yourself that dumb ass. Your claim that thugs use only stolen guns is about as dumb as you can get.

National Instant Criminal Background Check System - Wikipedia

FBI NICS E-Check System - Welcome Page

How do you decide who is, and who is not, an idiot? IQ Test? Political persuasion? Religious affiliation? What is your plan to decide just who is smart enough for you to grant them the right to carry a firearm?

Those considerations are never determined when anyone can buy a gun without any background check. If you are a cop, you know a large portion of the public doesn't have the sense of attitude to have a gun. Making sure those people are armed doesn't make them safer.
...another steamer in the yard planted by bulldog. FFL sales go through a federal check, even cops. And most cops are pro 2nd. You are clueless but for some reason take great pride in it. Weird!

Yes. Only registered firearms sellers are obligated to do background checks. Individual sellers in the above list of states are not required to do anything. Is that too complicated for you?
What part of you being an idiot is lost on you? You claimed cops think the public doesn't have the sense to own guns and you can't begin to back that up. You're a foaming little retard on the internet here to prove it day in and day out.

Legal sales are not the problem, the deterioration of our society is because of the steady rot of leftists maggots. The maggot cannot understand how he could be wrong so it must be the gun, even though we've had them from day one. And in fact are a country because of them.

A simple instant background check would notify the seller who he shouldn't sell the gun to, and give him liability for selling to known bad guys.
It can take three days for a FFL dealer. How does a private seller go about it "instantly"? And what's your evidence it's a problem anyway? Thugs get their weapons illegally.

Keep telling yourself that dumb ass. Your claim that thugs use only stolen guns is about as dumb as you can get.

I didn't say that. Wikipedia? Are you serious? Yes, I've had to do a NICS check everytime I bought a gun, which has been plenty. There's that or some turd on the internet, gee, what to believe?

You're probably right. Would making sure that each and every one of those murderous parents was armed at ll times make everyone safer? Isn't that your claim? More guns make people safer?

if you're being as honest as you keep saying you are and wondering why others can't see what you so plainly see - then you'd have to admit that this question is situational at best.

if your family was at a school where a shooter came along and started killing people, would you want your family to have guns, or is that not going to help the situation?

if you live in a neighborhood where killing is commonplace (we call that chicago these days) does more guns help? again, situational at best. likely not. then again it would be pretty hard to put MORE guns in chicago - i mean look at their strict gun laws. maybe more laws will make us safer then, huh?

so if you're being honest - and how could you not be since you keep using that word - would you want your family in that situation to have a gun? then, would more laws help in chicago or enforcement of existing laws is now needed, perhaps?

Chicago is one town in the entire country. Pretty stupid to assume gun laws for the entire country should be based on the bad neighborhoods in that one town.

I openly carry a gun every day on my job and concealed carry on my way to and from work. Does that make me a coward?

Depends on what your job is. If you are a cop, military, or a body guard, you probably need it. If you work in an office, you're a scared little pussy.

A scared little pussy because I am able to defend myself and family and not whine like a little bitch, like you, for mommy to come save me?

Ummmmm.....OK.

Never. But the paranoia is palpable. Own a gun but Jesus don't be one of these nutjobs that sleeps with it and licks it clean every day.
Your butthole is what's palpitating. You fool no one with your smears. Guns make you pee yourself, we get it.

You really believe that, don't you? dumb ass.

Chicago is one town in the entire country. Pretty stupid to assume gun laws for the entire country should be based on the bad neighborhoods in that one town.
ok.

california. they got some bad ass laws and pretty friggin gun strict and getting worse every day. need a license to buy bullets.

how's that gun problem there? last i checked criminals didn't follow laws so more seldom make much of a dent in their day other than make the police have to change people who do care about the laws and ignore the ones who don't.

again - your family is in a situation where you have an active shooter - is more guns going to help you or hurt you there?

What part of you being an idiot is lost on you? You claimed cops think the public doesn't have the sense to own guns and you can't begin to back that up. You're a foaming little retard on the internet here to prove it day in and day out.

Legal sales are not the problem, the deterioration of our society is because of the steady rot of leftists maggots. The maggot cannot understand how he could be wrong so it must be the gun, even though we've had them from day one. And in fact are a country because of them.

My...My. You're trying to twist my words again, aren't you? I said cops know that some people should never be allowed near a gun, and the cop I was talking to didn't disagree. I get it. You're a gun nut, and no amount of logic or reason will change that.

wow. you're both right. how long it can take varies form state to state. in texas it takes $25 and about 15 minutes. most states the sale is immediate. some states may require a delay.

for the most part in most states, it's immediate.

ok.

california. they got some bad ass laws and pretty friggin gun strict and getting worse every day. need a license to buy bullets.

how's that gun problem there? last i checked criminals didn't follow laws so more seldom make much of a dent in their day other than make the police have to change people who do care about the laws and ignore the ones who don't.

again - your family is in a situation where you have an active shooter - is more guns going to help you or hurt you there?
If my family is in a situation with an active shooter, I'm gonna want access to fully automatic guns and lots of them. A rocket launcher probably wouldn't be out of the question for me at a time like that. However, it would be stupid to pass laws to match my ability to have guns with my emotions in a situation like that. I guess it takes a certain amount of maturity that you just don't have to understand that

If my family is in a situation with an active shooter, I'm gonna want access to fully automatic guns and lots of them. A rocket launcher probably wouldn't be out of the question for me at a time like that. However, it would be stupid to pass laws to match my ability to have guns with my emotions in a situation like that. I guess it takes a certain amount of maturity that you just don't have to understand that

no - i was actually checking *for* a neutral stance to see if it existed. to many, it doesn't. my way or fuck off. any answer other than "i will do whatever it takes" to me anyway is the wrong answer. i would. 100%. if that means "more guns" bring 'em on. i was mostly addressing the statement "more guns never solves anything" and the impossibility of that statement alone.

loophole laws - that was never meant to allow anyone to sell guns for a living. if you're selling a gun at a gunshow then you have 100+ ffl dealers around you who can run a check in 15 minutes for $25 give or take. no reason not to. esp at a gunshow. i still believe this "loophole" has a place but if there isn't a limit to how many you can sell to comply with the intent of the loophole, put one there. 1 gun, 2 guns a year max. but then, how do you track that? i guess you see from bills of sales 1 dude is going to town or catch them in the act and fry them.

a lot needs to be changed about our gun laws but i believe that's a state to state issue, not a federal one. you try to "california texas" you're gonna have a very bad time of it.

no - i was actually checking *for* a neutral stance to see if it existed. to many, it doesn't. my way or fuck off. any answer other than "i will do whatever it takes" to me anyway is the wrong answer. i would. 100%. if that means "more guns" bring 'em on. i was mostly addressing the statement "more guns never solves anything" and the impossibility of that statement alone.

loophole laws - that was never meant to allow anyone to sell guns for a living. if you're selling a gun at a gunshow then you have 100+ ffl dealers around you who can run a check in 15 minutes for $25 give or take. no reason not to. esp at a gunshow. i still believe this "loophole" has a place but if there isn't a limit to how many you can sell to comply with the intent of the loophole, put one there. 1 gun, 2 guns a year max. but then, how do you track that? i guess you see from bills of sales 1 dude is going to town or catch them in the act and fry them.

a lot needs to be changed about our gun laws but i believe that's a state to state issue, not a federal one. you try to "california texas" you're gonna have a very bad time of it.

The claim that thugs use illegal guns is really dumb. Sure some of the guns they use are illegal, but many are bought from individual sellers. With no record keeping of any kind, how is anybody going to know how many guns you sold this year? They aren't even required to give a receipt. There is a massive difference between responsible reasonable gun owners (me) and hair on fire gun nuts who think any common sense regulation means someone will take everybody's guns.

Ummmmm.....OK.

You have other people's buttholes on your mind. Weird but you are who you are.

I own guns bugwit, it is just sad that some are so scared of life they cling to guns like grim death. I'm sorry for you but only you can help you. Pucker up snowflake, you won't ever have to use a gun to defend anything. And you'll still get to feel like 'yer ready'. LOL

The claim that thugs use illegal guns is really dumb. Sure some of the guns they use are illegal, but many are bought from individual sellers. With no record keeping of any kind, how is anybody going to know how many guns you sold this year? They aren't even required to give a receipt. There is a massive difference between responsible reasonable gun owners (me) and hair on fire gun nuts who think any common sense regulation means someone will take everybody's guns.

well how am i supposed to disagree with this? not sure what you're looking for.

thugs do in fact use illegal guns. if a "seller" is doing it on a consistent basis by using the "loophole" then this is illegal already. people will steal guns and sell them. happens all the time. fast n furious was a huge example of gun mis-management obama got away with by intimidating anyone who questioned him.

but the # of crimes committed by people who got their guns from the gun show loophole is minimal. looked it up once and several officers and people in the "business" so to speak had it around 2% if i remember correctly. may not be 2% exactly but it was damn low to make the entire issue of the gun show loophole nothing more than a sideshow for a bigger intent.

you don't stop the water from breaking out of the damn by stopping the smallest leak.

every gun owner i know is responsible. then again i don't hang out in hoods or with people who have them on their coffee tables next to the herion either. every gun owner i know wants the same thing - people to respect the guns and care for / use them properly but we have emotional people making issues where they don't exist to fix problems we don't have until they made it one to fix so they can fix nothing and tell their constituents they passed a law.

see colorado banning high capacity magazines and the senator doing it saying once you use one you throw it away so the ones >10 will go away on their own.

someone like this has zero business even talking gun laws, much less trying to pass them. but they do. katie couric - she has zero issue making shit up and passing it off as truth and anti-gun people flock to it for no other reason than it's what they want to hear.

crap like that is why we have the division in our gun laws and why we can't have "common sense" laws. the radial left won't do with any less than total control and the radical right pulls a gun and says "try to take it".

so here we are stuck in the middle of extremist bullshit just trying to claw our way to some form of sanity but in fact, no one side will ever be happy on this.

He's just another criminal lover that will say anything. Legal carry has not been a problem anywhere in this country except where they are not allowed to do it.

well how am i supposed to disagree with this? not sure what you're looking for.

thugs do in fact use illegal guns. if a "seller" is doing it on a consistent basis by using the "loophole" then this is illegal already. people will steal guns and sell them. happens all the time. fast n furious was a huge example of gun mis-management obama got away with by intimidating anyone who questioned him.

but the # of crimes committed by people who got their guns from the gun show loophole is minimal. looked it up once and several officers and people in the "business" so to speak had it around 2% if i remember correctly. may not be 2% exactly but it was damn low to make the entire issue of the gun show loophole nothing more than a sideshow for a bigger intent.

you don't stop the water from breaking out of the damn by stopping the smallest leak.

every gun owner i know is responsible. then again i don't hang out in hoods or with people who have them on their coffee tables next to the herion either. every gun owner i know wants the same thing - people to respect the guns and care for / use them properly but we have emotional people making issues where they don't exist to fix problems we don't have until they made it one to fix so they can fix nothing and tell their constituents they passed a law.

see colorado banning high capacity magazines and the senator doing it saying once you use one you throw it away so the ones >10 will go away on their own.

someone like this has zero business even talking gun laws, much less trying to pass them. but they do. katie couric - she has zero issue making shit up and passing it off as truth and anti-gun people flock to it for no other reason than it's what they want to hear.

crap like that is why we have the division in our gun laws and why we can't have "common sense" laws. the radial left won't do with any less than total control and the radical right pulls a gun and says "try to take it".

so here we are stuck in the middle of extremist bullshit just trying to claw our way to some form of sanity but in fact, no one side will ever be happy on this.
You will find that debating these people is a waste of time. The whole argument in a nutshell can be ended by the simple fact that criminals do not obey laws. End of story. A better debate, which by the way, would never be truthfully answered, is why these "people" want to help keep the law abiding defenseless?

Forum List

Back