Guy makes reasonable explanation for vax mandates

If you understood, why did you ask about laws being enforced?
He said to get rid of government and you liked his post. There are a lot of variants of libertarianism and I happen to think that train of thought takes it too far. You cannot have a civilized society by getting rid of government and the laws that come with them, and if your vision involves laws and basic human rights still being protected then you do not actually want to get rid of the government. You just want the government to operate differently. There needs to be a force that's capable of holding people accountable, and no matter how you dress up your argument that force will be a government, otherwise you will not have laws or order.

Saying "Get rid of government." is either a ridiculous or an incomplete argument.

He said to get rid of government and you liked his post. There are a lot of variants of libertarianism and I happen to think that train of thought takes it too far. You cannot have a civilized society by getting rid of government and the laws that come with them, and if your vision involves laws and basic human rights still being protected then you do not actually want to get rid of the government. You just want the government to operate differently. There needs to be a force that's capable of holding people accountable, and no matter how you dress up your argument that force will be a government, otherwise you will not have laws or order.

Saying "Get rid of government." is either a ridiculous or an incomplete argument.
Or dont read about the non aggression principle. Lol

Or dont read about the non aggression principle. Lol
If there's an argument to make that counters mine, or if there's information I am missing then you are more than welcome to provide it. Brushing up on the non-aggression principle is not going to change my position in this thread.

"civil" LOL
Like threatening to take peoples property who refuse to pay the government who use those funds to take away our liberties and give it to terrorists?
Or throwing people into internment camps for the color of their skin.
Or the manhatten project.
Or.... Geez, I could go on for DAYS.
I dont think those examples are "civil" and neither are the other 5M things in my mind right now.

"civil" LOL
Like threatening to take peoples property who refuse to pay the government who use those funds to take away our liberties and give it to terrorists?
Or throwing people into internment camps for the color of their skin.
Or the manhatten project.
Or.... Geez, I could go on for DAYS.
I dont think those examples are "civil" and neither are the other 5M things in my mind right now.
The government is fucked up and needs to be put in its place. Its existence is still important though.

If there's an argument to make that counters mine, or if there's information I am missing then you are more than welcome to provide it. Brushing up on the non-aggression principle is not going to change my position in this thread.
You say you understand then post words that show you dont understand.
My intent wasnt to change your position on anything. I was just trying to explain why gipper said those things.

The government is fucked up and needs to be put in its place. Its existence is still important though.
Who will put it in its place? THATS the biggest problem. THATS why there is no accountability. THATS why we throw the world into fucking chaos.
I dont really have a problem with local govts. Its centralized govts I have a problem with.
The biggest drain on the human race is centralized govts. And has been since we evolved past hunter gatherers.

I dont really have a problem with local govts. Its centralized govts I have a problem with.
See. There it is. You do still support government and understand its necessity it seems. I happen to agree a lot more with your position here. Centralized power is corrupt power. This is why elaboration is important. Just saying "I'm against government." makes one sound like a doofus.

See. There it is. You do still support government and understand its necessity it seems. I happen to agree a lot more with your position here. Centralized power is corrupt power. This is why elaboration is important. Just saying "I'm against government." makes one sound like a doofus.
I think being completely against it is fine. I would even be willing to try it.
Saying i support govt isnt correct lol. I am ok with local govts but would be fine if they ceased to exist.
I think any necessity can be fulfilled by the people.

I think being completely against it is fine. I would even be willing to try it.
Saying i support govt isnt correct lol. I am ok with local govts but would be fine if they ceased to exist.
I think any necessity can be fulfilled by the people.
Without an organized power for accountability you would never in a million years be able to ensure law and order, much less consistent application of said laws and order. It's impossible. You need an organization to keep track of and enforce that. It won't just magically happen without oversight.

Without an organized power for accountability you would never in a million years be able to ensure law and order, much less consistent application of said laws and order. It's impossible. You need an organization to keep track of and enforce that. It won't just magically happen without oversight.
Thats where NAP comes in.

Forum List

Back