Halal

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
I have a few Muslim students, but there are not very many in the school. As a consequence, the cafeteria doesn't offer any Hallal choices. One girl from Algeria in one of my classes is always hungry because she can't eat anything the school has to offer. My wife always puts some sort of fruit and vegetables in my lunch, so I've taken to setting one thing or another aside to give her something to eat. It's hard to learn when you're hungry.

I have a few Muslim students, but there are not very many in the school. As a consequence, the cafeteria doesn't offer any Hallal choices. One girl from Algeria in one of my classes is always hungry because she can't eat anything the school has to offer. My wife always puts some sort of fruit and vegetables in my lunch, so I've taken to setting one thing or another aside to give her something to eat. It's hard to learn when you're hungry.

The cafeteria doesn't serve any fruits or vegetables?

Her parents can't send food? I see your point but if you have a rare diet that the school doesn't accommodate then it should be up to the parents to keep the child fed.

They can, but the way the school is set up and their schedule make it tough to lug a bag of food around all day.

Nice of you to help her. But I understand that schools can not cater to every persons needs.
I used to take a sack lunch to school everyday because I was in a school that did not offer lunch. Would it not be possible for her to do the same.

Forum List

Back