Handguns vs. AR-15s

Handguns have rifling too. The 9mm is an anemic round intended for handguns. It's rimless so it's difficult to configure a rifle to extract and eject a spent case for a pistol round. My point was that the president of the United States doesn't have a clue about firearms and ballistics and apparently neither does his handlers. Lefties want to show the wounds on the little dead kids to illustrate the damage that a high powered rifle can do but late term abortion has more horrific effects and they kept the carnage secret for decades.
Yeah that's kind of my point. The gun legislation will end up being moronic and never work.

Nope you definitely don't get it as you refuse to see anything that doesn't fit your moral outrage. My mom taught me another lesson, "never argue with idiots, those watching can't tell the difference". This ends our "discussion".
You are correct, your love of guns over children is not something I will ever uderstand. Or even try to understand, other than reading about it in a book of psychological disorders. . I will proudly wear that label, thanks halfwit.

Your retarded non sequiturs are not my problem
Unsee this naked

file-20181127-76752-rq7969.jpg

Yes, we actually started at that point and started discussng the differences. Your first clue to this might have been the thread title. But thanks for your brilliant analysis, as always.

There's nothing brilliant about the Topic.

The object of using deadly force is to eliminate the threat ... Death is a very probable outcome.
If you want to argue to what degree someone should be dead ... It doesn't matter and dead is dead.

There's nothing brilliant about the Topic.

The object of using deadly force is to eliminate the threat ... Death is a very probable outcome.
If you want to argue to what degree someone should be dead ... It doesn't matter and dead is dead.

Right, all exactly the same. Because the less you know and the less you think, the simpler life becomes.

:itsok:

No, don't do it! It will desensitize us, to where it no longer is that big of a deal to see children or adults being ripped apart.....

It may have an initial shock factor but the next time we see other people torn apart, it won't be such a shock, and even less the next time.... and before you know it we won't be bothered by seeing it, and it becomes the new norm.

No, don't do it! It will desensitize us, to where it no longer is that big of a deal to see children or adults being ripped apart.....

It may have an initial shock factor but the next time we see other people torn apart, it won't be such a shock, and even less the next time.... and before you know it we won't be bothered by seeing it, and it becomes the new norm.
You mean like now?

Right, all exactly the same. Because the less you know and the less you think, the simpler life becomes.

:itsok:

The less effective a firearm is at eliminating the threat ... The more often you pull the trigger.
It really depends on what you think you know ... And what you really know.

There are voices saying maybe it is time to show the photos of the dead kids who are killed by mass shooters so the public can see just how horrific AR-15s are. Example: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/06/01/uvalde-mass-shootings-graphic-images/

This was very effective when Emmett Till's mother insisted her son's funeral be an open casket and that his body be shown in the papers so everyone could see what the racist assholes who murdered him had done. The photo of Till's body shocked the public and sentiment began turning against the segregationist South.

I have mixed feelings about showing the bodies of these small children. At the very least, it would have to be done with the permission of the parents.

But I think it would be helpful for the public to understand just how horrific these so-called "weapons of war" really are.

Routine handgun injuries leave entry and exit wounds and linear tracks through the victim’s body that are roughly the size of the bullet. If the bullet does not directly hit something crucial like the heart or the aorta, and the victim does not bleed to death before being transported to our care at the trauma center, chances are that we can save him. The bullets fired by an AR-15 are different: They travel at a higher velocity and are far more lethal than routine bullets fired from a handgun. The damage they cause is a function of the energy they impart as they pass through the body. A typical AR-15 bullet leaves the barrel traveling almost three times faster than—and imparting more than three times the energy of—a typical 9mm bullet from a handgun. An AR-15 rifle outfitted with a magazine with 50 rounds allows many more lethal bullets to be delivered quickly without reloading.

I have seen a handful of AR-15 injuries in my career. Years ago I saw one from a man shot in the back by a swat team. The injury along the path of the bullet from an AR-15 is vastly different from a low-velocity handgun injury. The bullet from an AR-15 passes through the body like a cigarette boat traveling at maximum speed through a tiny canal. The tissue next to the bullet is elastic—moving away from the bullet like waves of water displaced by the boat—and then returns and settles back. This process is called cavitation; it leaves the displaced tissue damaged or killed. The high-velocity bullet causes a swath of tissue damage that extends several inches from its path. It does not have to actually hit an artery to damage it and cause catastrophic bleeding. Exit wounds can be the size of an orange.

With an AR-15, the shooter does not have to be particularly accurate. The victim does not have to be unlucky. If a victim takes a direct hit to the liver from an AR-15, the damage is far graver than that of a simple handgun-shot injury. Handgun injuries to the liver are generally survivable unless the bullet hits the main blood supply to the liver. An AR-15 bullet wound to the middle of the liver would cause so much bleeding that the patient would likely never make it to the trauma center to receive our care.

So you won’t lose your shit if we post abortion pics right?

The less effective a firearm is at eliminating the threat ... The more often you pull the trigger
And the more time we have to stop you and the more likely we are to save the lives of the wounded.

Again, this was all covered already. We can't spend the entire class on the slow kids, mmkay?

I'm sure photos of dead blacks murdered by the Southern Christian terrorists would have inured the public after a while, but it only took one time to swing public opinion against segregation.

emmett-till-alive-death.jpg

Forum List

Back