🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Happy Birthday John Wayne! We Need More People Like You!

We need more pretend tough guys who never fought for their country but are worshiped by ignoramuses who think what an actor does in movies is reality? Sure, you betcha. A man who was married 3 times and cheated on his wives--hey! Not unlike your current hero T-Rump. You guys run true to form, that can be said of you. LOL

John Wayne born in 1907 was to old to fight WWII. If he had possessed a relevant collage degree suitable for military service he might have been a candidiate for officers training school !
He was 34 in 1941, not too old.
It was too old at that time. As they slipped the age range higher, the movie industry lobbied the War Department to continue to give Wayne deferments and threatened to sue him for breach of cantract if he walked off and enlisted.

Why cant you defenders of every criminal gang banger in the country find a simple tid bit of sympathy for a man who wanted to serve but was not allowed to?.

He was only 72 when he died. He seemed much older. I never liked the bombast of the Chisholm character but his last movie "The Shootist" was great.

We need more pretend tough guys who never fought for their country but are worshiped by ignoramuses who think what an actor does in movies is reality? Sure, you betcha. A man who was married 3 times and cheated on his wives--hey! Not unlike your current hero T-Rump. You guys run true to form, that can be said of you. LOL

John Wayne born in 1907 was to old to fight WWII. If he had possessed a relevant collage degree suitable for military service he might have been a candidiate for officers training school !
Not true...and he was very very sensitive when it was pointed out he didn't volunteer when people like Henry Fonda, Clark Gable, and Jimmy Stewart did.
True, and he wasn't a coward like Bill the slut clinton who ran like the pussy he is during the Vietnam war. Libtards hate John Wayne because he is the man they will never be, libtard men would rather wear dresses and use the ladies room.

While I enjoyed John Wayne's movies, May 20th was the birthday of the actor that I most looked up to for having real courage:

482px-Jimmy_Stewart_getting_medal-e1282911945287.jpg

Jimmy Stewart Was a Two Star General in the U.S. Military

There are a numbers of others out there and we don't need to settle for pretend ones.
Pretend ones like John Kerry, hildabeast, obuthole, and Oprah,

What about Sterling Haydon:
from Wikipedia:
Hayden became a print model and later signed a contract with Paramount Pictures, who dubbed the 6′5″ (1.96 m)[2] actor "The Most Beautiful Man in the Movies" and "The Beautiful Blond Viking God." His first film, Virginia(1941), starred Madeleine Carroll, with whom he fell in love and married.

After two film roles, he left Hollywood and joined the United States Marine Corps as a private, under the name John Hamilton, a nom de guerre he never used otherwise. While at Parris Island, he was recommended forOfficer Candidate School. After graduation, he was commissioned a second lieutenant and was transferred to service as an undercover agent with William J. "Wild Bill" Donovan's COI office. He remained there after it became the OSS.[10][11][12]

As OSS agent John Hamilton, his World War II service included sailing with supplies from Italy to Yugoslav partisans and parachuting into fascist Croatia. Hayden, who also participated in the Naples–Foggia campaign and established air crew rescue teams in enemy-occupied territory, became a first lieutenant on September 13, 1944, and a captain on February 14, 1945. He received the Silver Star (for gallantry in action in the Balkans and Mediterranean; "Lt. Hamilton displayed great courage in making hazardous sea voyages in enemy-infested waters and reconnaissance through enemy-held areas"), a Bronze Arrowhead device for parachuting behind enemy lines, and a commendation from Yugoslavia's Marshal Tito. He left active duty on December 24, 1945.[12]

His great admiration for the bravery of the Communist partisans led to a brief membership in the Communist Party. He was apparently active in supporting an effort by the Communist-controlled motion picture painters union to absorb other film industry unions.[13] As the Red Scare deepened in U.S., he cooperated with the House Un-American Activities Committee, confessing his brief Communist ties and "naming names."[3] His wife at that time, Betty de Noon, insisted that the names her ex-husband provided were already in the hands of the committee, which had a copy of the Communist Party's membership list. In any event, Hayden subsequently repudiated his cooperation with the committee, stating in his autobiography, "I don't think you have the foggiest notion of the contempt I have had for myself since the day I did that thing."[3]

Hayden was a man. Physically impressive, good actor, genuine war hero with no possible debate, made a big mistake and was more than man enough to admit it, inspite of the embarrassment.

Hayden was a man. Physically impressive, good actor, genuine war hero with no possible debate, made a big mistake and was more than man enough to admit it, inspite of the embarrassment.

Sounds like an interesting man, indeed. Too bad he fell for the communist bullshit, but many good people did until they actually saw the reality of it.

In Tito's case he was less of an ideologue and more pragmatic and he made things work for that country after the war. Hayden could be forgiven for thinking it typical of all communist regimes, as Tito was a good man and a hell of a statesman. Too bad he was a communist and more repressive than even Stalin.

I am a massive fan of John Wayne from way back when. And James Stewart. I liked Ward Bond as well. I find this thread utterly depressing.Thinking about it I dont really care, I still love the films.
They say you should never meet your heroes and maybe that is correct.
But these guys are just actors. Not real heroes.
Maybe Shakespeare beat his wife ? He could still write quite well.

I am a massive fan of John Wayne from way back when. And James Stewart. I liked Ward Bond as well. I find this thread utterly depressing.Thinking about it I dont really care, I still love the films.
They say you should never meet your heroes and maybe that is correct.
But these guys are just actors. Not real heroes.
Maybe Shakespeare beat his wife ? He could still write quite well.
Tommy, damnit, stop agreeing with me without first posting a warning, OK?

That is damned rude of you!
:D

Everyone has issues in their personal lives, and they are usually issues that people would be embarrassed about if we're put out in the public... Otherwise what I mean is that no one is immune to say for example of having outburst sometimes or on the flip side showing ones tender mercies or compassion towards something that another might think is dumb. No one is immune to taking their anger out on an ax while splitting wood, instead of doing something that may have offended their family or enduring something their family may have caused that may have offended him or her if be the case... That's why they call it peoples private lives or personal space in which includes an expectation of some sort of privacy rights and etc. The good thing about most people is that they keep their faults and flaws private within their on going battles in order to be better people themselves in life, and being a good person in the public is important while observing the rewards of being a better person while in the public... This usually transfers their learnings back into making them a better person that will be good in their private life as well as in their public lives in which is to be found in total there of. The Bible says that their is none perfect, no not one of us, but it gives great instruction of how to gain a balance in it all. John Wayne had found that balance in life, and he brought what he could to the big screen for us to share as well.

Last edited:

Yeah but the war didn't start until the tail end of 1941 so he wouldn't have been up for the draft until well into 1942.
What about Jimmy Stewart, Clark Gable and others, who did enlist?

Yeah but the war didn't start until the tail end of 1941 so he wouldn't have been up for the draft until well into 1942.
What about Jimmy Stewart, Clark Gable and others, who did enlist?
IMDb: Actors who served in the U.S. military - a list by FilmzToGo

Clint Eastwood nakes great movies and has a disappointing personal life. I don't think he likes women very much.

Clint Eastwood nakes great movies and has a disappointing personal life. I don't think he likes women very much.
. Now it's Clint's turn ? Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.... Oh well, he represented my idea of justice in life, so as far as his personal life goes, well that's between him, his family and his personal friends in life. I take what I take from the acting and film, and leave the rest to the evil empire of Hollywood to eat it's own like it always does.

. Now it's Clint's turn ? Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.... Oh well, he represented my idea of justice in life, so as far as his personal life goes, well that's between him, his family and his personal friends in life. I take what I take from the acting and film, and leave the rest to the evil empire of Hollywood to eat it's own like it always does.
I have adored Clint Eastwood ever since he was Rowdy Yates. The guy is in his 80s, still going to work every day. But, he has treated the women in his life unbelievably shamefully.

None of my business.

I have adored Clint Eastwood ever since he was Rowdy Yates. The guy is in his 80s, still going to work every day. But, he has treated the women in his life unbelievably shamefully.

None of my business.
. Are women always innocent in these situations ? Some women I've seen my friends/co-workers are married too, will make you think differently about some of them... wow.

Not true...and he was very very sensitive when it was pointed out he didn't volunteer when people like Henry Fonda, Clark Gable, and Jimmy Stewart did.

Maybe so, but people like Jimmy Stewart went in with an advanced degree plus hundreds of hours flying time under his belt as a commercial pilot So as you might imagine he ended up a two star general in the army airforce.

Ted Stevens went in under similar circumstances
Actually, Stewart was rejected for the draft, and had to reapply for the service five times before he was finally accepted. As a private. And ended the war as a full colonel. And was a general in the reserves in the '60's. He flew in a '52 in 'Nam as an observer, and refused to let there be any publicity about it. He was a very reticent man concerning his service. 20 flights over enemy territory as a squadron commander and pilot. And more uncredited flights later when he was promoted to a job that required more desk time.

Forum List

Back