🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Happy Birthday John Wayne! We Need More People Like You!

There is a similarity between Wayne and Reagan in that they are icons of what many Americans want to think about being American. But, like cinema, this is façade, image, not substance and certainly far from reality.
Exactly. Why are so many Americans so stupid as to believe that movie stars are actually the people they portray in film? It's just incredible they are so gullible and simple minded.

Millions of Americans would disagree with you- which is of course why you want to shit on his memory.

John Wayne comes in #31 in the greatest actors of all time- right before Robert Mitchum and right after Russel Crowe(while I love Russel Crowe it seems rather premature)
The 50 Greatest Actors of All Time
1. Anthony Hopkins
2. Daniel Day-Lewis
3. Dustin Hoffman
4. Michael Caine
5. Jimmy Stewart
6. Meryl Streep
7. John Wayne
8. Nicholas Cage (dont hate me)
9. Charleton Heston
10. Gregory Peck
OMFG Only one woman? You think Heston is a better actor than any but one woman actor in history? Amazing. You people have zero critical thinking skills. ZERO.

Millions of Americans would disagree with you- which is of course why you want to shit on his memory.

John Wayne comes in #31 in the greatest actors of all time- right before Robert Mitchum and right after Russel Crowe(while I love Russel Crowe it seems rather premature)
1. Anthony Hopkins
2. Daniel Day-Lewis
3. Dustin Hoffman
4. Michael Caine
5. Jimmy Stewart
6. Meryl Streep
7. John Wayne
9. Charleton Heston
10. Gregory Peck

I like Dustin Hoffman but I wouldn't rank him that high. Nor would I put Charleston Heston or Anthony Hopkins that high- but its all subjective.

I would add, among others, Cary Grant, William Powell, Katherine Hepburn, and Robert Duvall- I think one of our great treasures.

1. Anthony Hopkins
2. Daniel Day-Lewis
3. Dustin Hoffman
4. Michael Caine
5. Jimmy Stewart
6. Meryl Streep
7. John Wayne
9. Charleton Heston
10. Gregory Peck
OMFG Only one woman? You think Heston is a better actor than any but one woman actor in history? Amazing. You people have zero critical thinking skills. ZERO.

No one is stopping you from demonstrating your own 'critical thinking skills' but yourself.

I loved John Wayne's movies- I am an unabashed fan.

Sounds like he was a stand up guy too.

What was your favorite film of his?
Stand up guy? Really? What is your definition of a stand up guy? A wife abuser? A cheater? A bully as a father and husband? A coward who doesn’t enlist in a time of war when everyone else does? A gluttonous drunk? What? What is a stand up guy? All of those qualities?
:rolleyes:

Like I said in another post- there is always someone like you who needs to shit on someone else.

Seems to me it's pretty reprehensible to put someone like Wayne on a pedestal when all he did was pretend to be a hero and tough guy. Why don't you show more respect for real men instead of a coward, a fake and a bully?

Seems to me that you just want to shit on a person because others admire him. Why don't you show respect for human beings rather than act like a coward, a fake and a bully?
What a pathetic bullshit response.

Your entire content in this thread has been nothing but pathetic bullshit- all you want to do is spread your own hate and bile.

There is a similarity between Wayne and Reagan in that they are icons of what many Americans want to think about being American. But, like cinema, this is façade, image, not substance and certainly far from reality.

Except Wayne was a better actor who made better films.

What actors do is act- so of course it is a facade- it is meant for amusement and entertainment.

But some can't accept that people actually want to be entertained.

Bonus points for knowing the film that John Wayne costarred with Ron Howard in- without looking it up.

Exactly. Why are so many Americans so stupid as to believe that movie stars are actually the people they portray in film? It's just incredible they are so gullible and simple minded.

There is a thread on favorite race horses- you might want to stop by there and tell everyone how stupid they are to care about race horses- and then tell everyone what rotten horses they were....

Happy birthday to Americas iconic hero. We sure could use him back now.

John Wayne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

JohnWayneBDay_zps2xvzothf.jpg

Stand up guy? Really? What is your definition of a stand up guy? A wife abuser? A cheater? A bully as a father and husband? A coward who doesn’t enlist in a time of war when everyone else does? A gluttonous drunk? What? What is a stand up guy? All of those qualities?
. Wow, you keep describing so many libs that it just baffles the mind how you figure that you can attack so viciously a past American icon, without exposing your hypocrisy over and over again.. LOL Do you have no shame ?

. Bernie is no better than Hillary in thinking that he can ride in on the waves of the movements that in many ways has led to the very disentigration that Dick Van Dyke is talking about. No one is willing to study the reasons for the disentigration in which the libs are always speaking of. The mismanagement and infiltration by bad people for whom saw these movements as a doorway into the systems in which they desired to destroy, has been a very bad thing for this nation over the years, and it needs to be recognized and changed. The feds have been the worst on these matters, because it was fooled so many times on the issues, that it left millions exposed to abuse.

I think that James Stewart would be a better example of an actor patriot. He served, and in a manner that put him at extreme risk.
. John Wayne served also, but he just did it hear through Hollywood by instilling patriotism into the young men & women for whom we needed to fight for us during the up coming wars and bad times that were still to come.. It is my hopes that libs lose all manor of power in this nation, and the sooner the better.

Last edited:
I love that smirk at the end.....

. This was so funny, because my co-worker hates these bycylist when they ride on the same roadways as trucks and cars.... He says they are so dangerous on the roads, because they cause people to have to go into the other lanes to pass them on curves and such. They ride where they want to, and everywhere that their not supposed to ride, but they are so ignorant to the dangers in which they pose, that it really defies all reason. Will have to send this to him, because he will get a kick out of it for sure... LOL.

. So your not a believer in life being imitated by art I gather. Most of the roles played are that very thing. You see it on film, and remember it as a reality in the current or in the past. It's just that some actors are better than others at bringing the nations cultures and past to the big screen. This made for some of the most widely accepted views upon society and their experiences as Americans. Some of these films are timeless... Do you realize how big a fool you are making yourself out to be here ?

Last edited:
REagan being a movie cowboy is far closer to real life than Hillary Clinton's PR for being an honest government servant defending the interest of working Americans, by a long shot.

Like I said in another post- there is always someone like you who needs to shit on someone else.

Seems to me it's pretty reprehensible to put someone like Wayne on a pedestal when all he did was pretend to be a hero and tough guy. Why don't you show more respect for real men instead of a coward, a fake and a bully?

Seems to me that you just want to shit on a person because others admire him. Why don't you show respect for human beings rather than act like a coward, a fake and a bully?
What a pathetic bullshit response.
No, he is entirely accurate about that, you hate America First PoS.

We need more pretend tough guys who never fought for their country but are worshiped by ignoramuses who think what an actor does in movies is reality? Sure, you betcha. A man who was married 3 times and cheated on his wives--hey! Not unlike your current hero T-Rump. You guys run true to form, that can be said of you. LOL

John Wayne born in 1907 was to old to fight WWII. If he had possessed a relevant collage degree suitable for military service he might have been a candidiate for officers training school !
Not true...and he was very very sensitive when it was pointed out he didn't volunteer when people like Henry Fonda, Clark Gable, and Jimmy Stewart did.

Maybe so, but people like Jimmy Stewart went in with an advanced degree plus hundreds of hours flying time under his belt as a commercial pilot So as you might imagine he ended up a two star general in the army airforce.

Ted Stevens went in under similar circumstances

We need more pretend tough guys who never fought for their country but are worshiped by ignoramuses who think what an actor does in movies is reality? Sure, you betcha. A man who was married 3 times and cheated on his wives--hey! Not unlike your current hero T-Rump. You guys run true to form, that can be said of you. LOL

John Wayne born in 1907 was to old to fight WWII. If he had possessed a relevant collage degree suitable for military service he might have been a candidiate for officers training school !
He was 34 in 1941, not too old.

Yeah but the war didn't start until the tail end of 1941 so he wouldn't have been up for the draft until well into 1942.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back