"Hard-Working Americans"

That's a lot of wordage just to say "fuck the American working poor".

"Fuck the poor"???

1) You are using the Internet -- Courtesy of Capitalism profits which paid Federal taxes which funded DARPA! (Look up DARPA.. dummy!)
2) 52 percent, now say they own stock outright or as part of a mutual fund or self-directed retirement account
Dow hits 15000, but percentage of Americans owning stocks hits a low. Why? - CSMonitor.com
3) The DJI has since it's inception appreciated in value:
Since first closing at 62.76 on February 16, 1885, the Dow Jones Industrial Average has increased steadily to today: 15,764.13 a growth rate of 199% per year .
Now those "fuck the poor" people???

4) People in poverty in the USA get:

a) Free Cell phone (my cell phone I PAY is about $150/month of which a % is paid for THESE people's cell phone!!!)
if the poor person receives just one of the below FREE entitlements:
* Food stamps * Medicaid * Section 8 * Supplemental Security Income * National School Lunch Program

b) 40 million Americans on food stamps get $200/month in free food.

it cost $75.7 billion in 2011 compared to $35 billion in 2008; and enrollment has hit an all-time high of 46.7 million recipients. Meanwhile, the number of children receiving free school lunches has inflated from 18 to 21 million — an unprecedented jump —
about 2.1 million households (6 million) use Section 8 the Housing Choice Voucher program, pays a large

c) portion of the rents and utilities of or the Housing Choice Voucher Program up to $1,000 /month in FREE housing...

So these people get
=== $ 5,666 in EIC cash,
=== $12,000 free housing ,
=== $ 2,400 free food,
=== $ 1,200 in free cell phone plus
=== $ 5,000 a year in free health care from Medicaid.
So this is about $26,000 a year in FREE MONEY, free goods and free services...

What OTHER economy in the world has 20 million people GETTING $26,000 a year in FREE CELL/housing/food?
Who is paying for it? Taxes from individuals most working for for-profits that pay taxes...

OH... and these SAME fucked working poor"????
14 million don't know they qualify for Medicaid! Think about it Obama includes 14 million people in his 46 million "uninsured" figure THAT his administration i.e.
CMS/Medicare/Medicaid doesn't let them know they are eligible... AND we have idiots like you saying "fuck the poor"????

AGAIN tell me how BAD capitalism has been to these people that are RICHER then the richest people in the 1800s when NONE of the above was available
MUCH LESS THE INTERNET!!!

I absolutely LOVE it every time some smuck says "fuck the working poor"! Because smucks like that are just so f...king ignorant they don't seem to comprehend...
the "f..king poor in the USA" are living a standard that NOT one KING in the 1800s enjoyed!
Free rent, free cell phones, free food, free insurance!

On raising the minimum wage-----

lets say that McDonalds raised the minimum that they pay to $15/hour. Ok so far?

Now, with that change, managers of McDonalds will have two choices
1. raise the price of the food they sell
2. hire fewer employees and require the ones that are hired to do more jobs---instead of just doing fries, you will now have to work the window, the counter, put the ketchup and mustard on the burgers, and sweep the floor.

Now, if they raise the prices what happens? they sell fewer burgers and fries----soooooo they need fewer workers.

the end result: fewer people employed, less revenue for the business, and the ones hired working harder.

second end result: the business closes because it can no longer make a profit------no jobs, everyone on unemployment.----------liberal utopia realized.

No more than anywhere else. And I don't think that's the problem.

The problem is pitting those with less against those with more for purely political gain, and, as I said, the Democrats have been wildly successful at that.

So I'll ask you a question: How often do you see Democrats applaud the hard work of high earners, or push their constituents to depend on themselves via hard work, sacrifice and responsibility? Especially as compared to the number of times they provide platitudes like "hard working Americans" to people who don't earn as much?

You always like to play the 'partisan' card, but your negative narrative is always targeting Democrats and liberals. Have you NEVER heard anyone on the right portray hard working Americans as moochers, having an entitlement mentality or lazy?

Here's one...the STANDARD BEARER for the Republican party...

"All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it. That that's an entitlement."

Of course they do, they paint with a very broad and simplistic brush. And as I said above, I don't think that stuff is a problem per se. I also said that America doesn't have more "lazy" people than other countries. Wasn't that clear enough?

Now, what about the very specific (and obvious) point I made about how lower-income workers can improve their own lives, the road taken by millions of others? Are you going to disagree with my point?

Most are trying very hard to get on that road. The whiff underlying your comments is "moochers", "having an entitlement mentality" and "lazy"

You always like to play the 'partisan' card, but your negative narrative is always targeting Democrats and liberals. Have you NEVER heard anyone on the right portray hard working Americans as moochers, having an entitlement mentality or lazy?

"All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it. That that's an entitlement."

Of course they do, they paint with a very broad and simplistic brush. And as I said above, I don't think that stuff is a problem per se. I also said that America doesn't have more "lazy" people than other countries. Wasn't that clear enough?

Now, what about the very specific (and obvious) point I made about how lower-income workers can improve their own lives, the road taken by millions of others? Are you going to disagree with my point?

Most are trying very hard to get on that road. The whiff underlying your comments is "moochers", "having an entitlement mentality" and "lazy"

people are not inherently lazy or moochers-------liberal policies make people lazy and moochers------------can you say Detroit?

Well, that's your nose, not mine.

I merely hate seeing able-bodied Americans have their motivation, potential and dignity taken away by those who claim to "care" about them. Day after day after day.

I have far more faith in people than that.

Never mind minimum wage, people who earn less than say, $12 an hour, work harder for longer and pay a greater percentage of their wages for simple food and shelter than any of us and yet time after time they are made the designated victims of cuts and belt tightening. When is it their turn to be considered in the grand scheme?

Never.

Money.... Wages, are just an exchange for a person's time.

A Brain Surgeon's time is worth more than yours.

A skilled tradesman's time is worth more than yours.

When I go to a Grocery Store, what I'm giving the people there is not my money, but an exchange of my time.

I got paid for my time based on what it was worth when I was working.

You want to get paid more? Be worth more.

Like that's ever going to happen :lmao:

Not......
[/QUOTE]

Telling someone to become worth more so they will be paid more is insulting to many people. When my office was open, I never gave periodic raises. I only gave merit raises. If someone wanted to make more money, they had to become worth more money. I had a receptionist who wanted a raise so she could buy a car. I told her that I would not give her a raise, I would promote her to secretary if she learned how to type. They she wouldn't get a nominal raise, but a substantial raise. She got mad and turned me down. She quit. She was also back in 6 months saying she learned typing basics.

That was a very valuable lesson because she's now in law school herself.

I merely hate seeing able-bodied Americans have their motivation, potential and dignity taken away by those who claim to "care" about them. Day after day after day.

OHHHHHHHH, so they are people "who believe that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it."

OHHHHHHHH, so they are people "who believe that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it."

Huh?

Who are you quoting?

And I wonder why you won't directly address the points I'm actually making.

I'm not interested in straw man games.

Never mind minimum wage, people who earn less than say, $12 an hour, work harder for longer and pay a greater percentage of their wages for simple food and shelter than any of us and yet time after time they are made the designated victims of cuts and belt tightening. When is it their turn to be considered in the grand scheme?

Never.

Money.... Wages, are just an exchange for a person's time.

A Brain Surgeon's time is worth more than yours.

A skilled tradesman's time is worth more than yours.

When I go to a Grocery Store, what I'm giving the people there is not my money, but an exchange of my time.

I got paid for my time based on what it was worth when I was working.

You want to get paid more? Be worth more.

Like that's ever going to happen :lmao:

Not......

Telling someone to become worth more so they will be paid more is insulting to many people. When my office was open, I never gave periodic raises. I only gave merit raises. If someone wanted to make more money, they had to become worth more money. I had a receptionist who wanted a raise so she could buy a car. I told her that I would not give her a raise, I would promote her to secretary if she learned how to type. They she wouldn't get a nominal raise, but a substantial raise. She got mad and turned me down. She quit. She was also back in 6 months saying she learned typing basics.

That was a very valuable lesson because she's now in law school herself.

Good story except for the Law School bit....

Just what the world needs, another scum-sucking, parasitic, thieving lawyer.

You could have lied and said, "Engineer" or even "Nurse"

Now I'm depressed. :dunno:

Forum List

Back