🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Harvin Activated...

Or perhaps what is obvious is that Seattle has a better TEAM than Detroit.

Its players like Tate that make Seattle better, plain and simple.

I watch Johnson and I watch Tate. I don't see much difference because Detroit has to go to Johnson as they have little of anything else, Seattle doesn't have to go to Tate as often because they have a group of receivers who can go get the ball. And as a team group of receivers I will take Seattle receivers any day over Johnson. Why? Because they are leading a team to victory every weekend.

It's as though you think Mark Ingram was a better receiver than Jerry Rice in 90 because the Giants won the Super Bowl instead of the 49ers. :lol:

Mark Ingram....Jerry Rice? I don't see the connection.

Seattle is better because of a)their defense b)their running game c)their coaching d)Russel Wilson.......all of that before their receivers.

Yes, Detroit often goes to Johnson because their other receivers aren't so good. Of course, he also catches the ball more often than not, in double and triple coverage.

Golden Tate isn't usually leading his team to victory. He helps, but rarely if ever is he putting the team on his shoulders, so to speak.

Mark Ingram was a receiver for the Giants. In 1990 they won the Super Bowl. Jerry Rice played that year as well. Was Ingram a better receiver for leading his team to victory? Do you see the connection now?

I think quarterbacks get too much credit and blame for the state of their teams. I have rarely seen someone give that kind of credit to a receiver, and probably never to a second-tier (at best) guy like Golden Tate.

I can't believe someone is seriously putting Tate over Johnson. Hell, Johnson isn't even the demonstrative diva so many receivers are today. There's a reason Johnson is widely considered the best wide receiver in the game today.

Wilson distributed the ball to 8 or nine receivers yesterday. All of our guys make crazy good receptions with opponents hanging all over them. It is actually rare to see a Seahawk wide open when he gets the ball. Russell can put the ball in such a small space it really isn't that important if a receiver is unchallenged or not. What seems to be the norm is where the other WRs are so the guy that gets the ball has blocking for the big YAC.

Seattle leads the league in the relationship of plays over 20 yards and the ones less than 20 yards. That is a premium that most teams don't design plays for as much as Seattle. Most squads try to get a lot of seperation for thier receivers by drawing off the DBs from the hot read. It takes a QB that truly sees to whole field to be successfull at a level where the timing of the throw includes the positions of potential blockers for the guy getting the ball.

Another aspect of Seattle's passing attack is a low percentage of interceptions achieved by using the position of the primary defender against that player when the ball arrives. Two other QBs are very good at this also. Manning and Brees are very good at placing the ball where only his receiver can get it and the closest defender cannot because the path of the ball is shielded by the offensive player. Seattle throws as many "back shoulder" passes as anyone. They are damned near impossible to intercept.

In an offense that features a "run first" approach it is not unexpected that the numbers accumulated by the receivers on other teams enjoy are higher than the numbers piled up by individuals on the Hawk's team.

As far as what receivers are better .. who knows really? It depends on the receivers role on the team he plays for. Seattle has no "divas" on it's team. Percy Harvin was whining Sunday at Carroll about getting into the game. As long as that kind of "communication" is seen as just excitement and desire to help the team win Pete will laugh and just tell Percy to calm the fuck down. As soon as Percy crosses the line and tries to make it about "him" and how many touches he is getting I can see Carroll benching Harvin and even cutting him off the team. There are only two or three indespensable players on the Seahawks roster. I'm pretty sure Harvin isn't one of them.

Its players like Tate that make Seattle better, plain and simple.

I watch Johnson and I watch Tate. I don't see much difference because Detroit has to go to Johnson as they have little of anything else, Seattle doesn't have to go to Tate as often because they have a group of receivers who can go get the ball. And as a team group of receivers I will take Seattle receivers any day over Johnson. Why? Because they are leading a team to victory every weekend.

Mark Ingram....Jerry Rice? I don't see the connection.

Seattle is better because of a)their defense b)their running game c)their coaching d)Russel Wilson.......all of that before their receivers.

Yes, Detroit often goes to Johnson because their other receivers aren't so good. Of course, he also catches the ball more often than not, in double and triple coverage.

Golden Tate isn't usually leading his team to victory. He helps, but rarely if ever is he putting the team on his shoulders, so to speak.

Mark Ingram was a receiver for the Giants. In 1990 they won the Super Bowl. Jerry Rice played that year as well. Was Ingram a better receiver for leading his team to victory? Do you see the connection now?

I think quarterbacks get too much credit and blame for the state of their teams. I have rarely seen someone give that kind of credit to a receiver, and probably never to a second-tier (at best) guy like Golden Tate.

I can't believe someone is seriously putting Tate over Johnson. Hell, Johnson isn't even the demonstrative diva so many receivers are today. There's a reason Johnson is widely considered the best wide receiver in the game today.

Wilson distributed the ball to 8 or nine receivers yesterday. All of our guys make crazy good receptions with opponents hanging all over them. It is actually rare to see a Seahawk wide open when he gets the ball. Russell can put the ball in such a small space it really isn't that important if a receiver is unchallenged or not. What seems to be the norm is where the other WRs are so the guy that gets the ball has blocking for the big YAC.

Seattle leads the league in the relationship of plays over 20 yards and the ones less than 20 yards. That is a premium that most teams don't design plays for as much as Seattle. Most squads try to get a lot of seperation for thier receivers by drawing off the DBs from the hot read. It takes a QB that truly sees to whole field to be successfull at a level where the timing of the throw includes the positions of potential blockers for the guy getting the ball.

Another aspect of Seattle's passing attack is a low percentage of interceptions achieved by using the position of the primary defender against that player when the ball arrives. Two other QBs are very good at this also. Manning and Brees are very good at placing the ball where only his receiver can get it and the closest defender cannot because the path of the ball is shielded by the offensive player. Seattle throws as many "back shoulder" passes as anyone. They are damned near impossible to intercept.

In an offense that features a "run first" approach it is not unexpected that the numbers accumulated by the receivers on other teams enjoy are higher than the numbers piled up by individuals on the Hawk's team.

As far as what receivers are better .. who knows really? It depends on the receivers role on the team he plays for. Seattle has no "divas" on it's team. Percy Harvin was whining Sunday at Carroll about getting into the game. As long as that kind of "communication" is seen as just excitement and desire to help the team win Pete will laugh and just tell Percy to calm the fuck down. As soon as Percy crosses the line and tries to make it about "him" and how many touches he is getting I can see Carroll benching Harvin and even cutting him off the team. There are only two or three indespensable players on the Seahawks roster. I'm pretty sure Harvin isn't one of them.

I think it would take an awful lot of whining for Harvin, who cost the team multiple picks including a first rounder, to be benched. :lol: I don't even know if Carroll has the authority to cut him.

I think it would take an awful lot of whining for Harvin, who cost the team multiple picks including a first rounder, to be benched. :lol: I don't even know if Carroll has the authority to cut him.

I haven't looked at any contracts either but I have a pretty good handle on this team.

This is Carroll's team. Allen delegates. He does not micro manage his enterprises. He is a polar opposite of Jerry Jones. I suspect that Carroll would inform Allen of any major changes out of respect for his boss but I have no personal doubt that if Pete wanted Harvin gone he wold be gone with no second guessing by Paul Allen.

Obviously Carroll and Schneider didn't sacrifice draft picks and put up with the big cap hit and the delays from the health issues to act irrationally in response to any bullshit Harvin might come up with. Percy has priors. His acting out and suspicion of feigning headaches is a matter of record. No doubt Pete and John made it clear the conditions of becoming and remaining a Seahawk in the negotiations leading up to the trade.

I would point to Marshawn Lynch as an example of Carroll opening up his arms for a "troubled" player on another team and the success Carroll has had taming "The Beast".

Harvin may have become used to getting his way on other teams but unless his way is Carrolls way there is no doubt in this fan's mind which is Carrolls way and which is the highway.

Last edited:

I haven't looked at any contracts either but I have a pretty good handle on this team.

This is Carroll's team. Allen delegates. He does not micro manage his enterprises. He is a polar opposite of Jerry Jones. I suspect that Carroll would inform Allen of any major changes out of respect for his boss but I have no personal doubt that if Pete wanted Harvin gone he wold be gone with no second guessing by Paul Allen.

Obviously Carroll and Schneider didn't sacrifice draft picks and put up with the big cap hit and the delays from the health issues to act irrationally in response to any bullshit Harvin might come up with. Percy has priors. His acting out and suspicion of feigning headaches is a matter of record. No doubt Pete and John made it clear the conditions of becoming and remaining a Seahawk in the negotiations leading up to the trade.

I would point to Marshawn Lynch as an example of Carroll opening up his arms for a "troubled" player on another team and the success Carroll has had taming "The Beast".

Harvin may have become used to getting his way on other teams but unless his way is Carrolls way there is no doubt in this fan's mind which is Carrolls way and which is the highway.

Maybe...but I think you may be underestimating the impact the business side of things has on coaches' decisions.

Maybe...but I think you may be underestimating the impact the business side of things has on coaches' decisions.

You are correct in that my knowledge of the business side is extremely limited. But I am looking at a 10-1 team with NO divas on it. That can't be by accident.

I guess we will find out down the road when Russell Wilson is due a contract equal to his worth on the team. Speaking of Wilson... I would be willing to bet that if Russell wanted Harvin off the team, for some reason, regardless of the crazy differential of thier paychecks at this time that Percy would be on the sidewalk faster than Lynch will stiff arm a mofo.

You are correct in that my knowledge of the business side is extremely limited. But I am looking at a 10-1 team with NO divas on it. That can't be by accident.

I guess we will find out down the road when Russell Wilson is due a contract equal to his worth on the team. Speaking of Wilson... I would be willing to bet that if Russell wanted Harvin off the team, for some reason, regardless of the crazy differential of thier paychecks at this time that Percy would be on the sidewalk faster than Lynch will stiff arm a mofo.

I don't mean to imply Harvin is going to be a diva in Seattle. I just think coaches take things like contracts and draft picks into consideration when dealing with players. That's especially true if the owners take a strong hand in the running of the team.

Also, if Carroll was involved in the dead for Harvin, I imagine management would take it amiss for him to cut the player they spent so much on. :tongue:

I see no reason to expect anything but success from Harvin in Seattle.

I don't mean to imply Harvin is going to be a diva in Seattle. I just think coaches take things like contracts and draft picks into consideration when dealing with players. That's especially true if the owners take a strong hand in the running of the team.

Also, if Carroll was involved in the dead for Harvin, I imagine management would take it amiss for him to cut the player they spent so much on. :tongue:

If Carroll was involved in the dead of Harvin I would imagine that the police would take it amis also. :lol:

If Carroll was involved in the dead of Harvin I would imagine that the police would take it amis also. :lol:

:rofl:

That was a good typo! I'll just leave that there. :D

I have a sense that Monday night Harvin will have a breakout game. He just got a taste of what it means to be a Seahawk in his last game. I have a feeling he will shine against the Saints.

Till it shines Percy...till it shines...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft4I94GnLOg]Bob Seger-Till it shines. - YouTube[/ame]

I have a sense that Monday night Harvin will have a breakout game. He just got a taste of what it means to be a Seahawk in his last game. I have a feeling he will shine against the Saints.

Bob Seger-Till it shines. - YouTube

He might, but I don't have enough faith in it to put him into my fantasy lineup yet. :lol:

I don't really get what constitutes a valuable "fantasy" player but I'll stab a guess that the player needs to put up unusually good numbers. If that is the goal or purpose I wouldn't take any Seahawks from the offense. No Hawk's offensive players "stand out" in any games except occasionally Marshawn Lynch. Wilson is the most economic QB I have ever seen. He distributes the ball to sometimes as many as eight receivers and RBs. I have never seen him throw more than 4-5 passes to one payer in a game. That's part of the secret to his success. He makes it very difficult to predict who he will pass to. It is hard to "key" onto any Seahawk receiver because Wilson does not favor any one receiver. I don't see Harvin changing that formula.

Bob Seger-Till it shines. - YouTube

He might, but I don't have enough faith in it to put him into my fantasy lineup yet. :lol:

I don't really get what constitutes a valuable "fantasy" player but I'll stab a guess that the player needs to put up unusually good numbers. If that is the goal or purpose I wouldn't take any Seahawks from the offense. No Hawk's offensive players "stand out" in any games except occasionally Marshawn Lynch. Wilson is the most economic QB I have ever seen. He distributes the ball to sometimes as many as eight receivers and RBs. I have never seen him throw more than 4-5 passes to one payer in a game. That's part of the secret to his success. He makes it very difficult to predict who he will pass to. It is hard to "key" onto any Seahawk receiver because Wilson does not favor any one receiver. I don't see Harvin changing that formula.

A number of quarterbacks spread the ball around. Wilson is far from unusual in that regard, and I wonder if he does it more than someone like Brees, considering how much more frequently the Saints pass the ball. Actually, I just saw a chart earlier that had the Seahawks second in the league in % of running plays to the Niners, I think both run just over 55% of the time.

Fantasy is all about the statistical success of the players you use. So the better the game, the happier you are. The reason I will not use Harvin yet is that I'm not sure how large his role will be as he's eased into the lineup and he and Wilson gain chemistry, and also because the Saints defense has been shockingly good this season. Harvin is an explosive enough player that if they were playing a less successful defense, or maybe if I knew Harvin would be handling return duties, I'd be more likely to play him as it would be more likely he'd get more catches/yards/touchdowns.

You should consider trying fantasy next year. It gives reasons to care about almost every game, no matter what teams are playing, because you or your opponent might have a fantasy player from the teams! The Jags are playing the Texans? I actually care, I've got MJD and Andre Johnson! :lol:

A number of quarterbacks spread the ball around. Wilson is far from unusual in that regard, and I wonder if he does it more than someone like Brees, considering how much more frequently the Saints pass the ball. Actually, I just saw a chart earlier that had the Seahawks second in the league in % of running plays to the Niners, I think both run just over 55% of the time.

Fantasy is all about the statistical success of the players you use. So the better the game, the happier you are. The reason I will not use Harvin yet is that I'm not sure how large his role will be as he's eased into the lineup and he and Wilson gain chemistry, and also because the Saints defense has been shockingly good this season. Harvin is an explosive enough player that if they were playing a less successful defense, or maybe if I knew Harvin would be handling return duties, I'd be more likely to play him as it would be more likely he'd get more catches/yards/touchdowns.

You should consider trying fantasy next year. It gives reasons to care about almost every game, no matter what teams are playing, because you or your opponent might have a fantasy player from the teams! The Jags are playing the Texans? I actually care, I've got MJD and Andre Johnson! :lol:

OK...It's more about touches and what the player makes of his opportunities..

Harvin will return K O's. He will play a limited ammount of offensive plays no matter what the game score. Harvin will do some spectacular things when he gets the ball in his hands. If N O scores frequently either by offense with TDs or FGs or the defense you are in love with gets a pick six that will add to Harvin's touches and opportunities to light it up on Special Teams.

With all that in mind I think Tate would be as good or better a fantasy selection because he will get as many receptions as Harvin and Tate returns punts. My favorite defense is the Hawk's. I'm thinking there will be more Saint's punts than KOs.

Have an enjoyable T-day. The crappy Lions are playing the Rodgersless Packers... yuk.

OK...It's more about touches and what the player makes of his opportunities..

Harvin will return K O's. He will play a limited ammount of offensive plays no matter what the game score. Harvin will do some spectacular things when he gets the ball in his hands. If N O scores frequently either by offense with TDs or FGs or the defense you are in love with gets a pick six that will add to Harvin's touches and opportunities to light it up on Special Teams.

With all that in mind I think Tate would be as good or better a fantasy selection because he will get as many receptions as Harvin and Tate returns punts. My favorite defense is the Hawk's. I'm thinking there will be more Saint's punts than KOs.

Have an enjoyable T-day. The crappy Lions are playing the Rodgersless Packers... yuk.

Not yuk for me! I have Calvin Johnson, Reggie Bush and Mason Crosby (GB kicker) on my fantasy team! :lol:

Happy Thanksgiving. :)

Forum List

Back