Has God Left the Building?

the_human_being

Gold Member
Sep 8, 2014
The following Scriptures certainly sound a lot like they are addressing the current state of America and its people. Has God finally had enough of His defiant and most blessed of all His children and packed up and left the building for good?

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Rom 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Sounds an awful lot like He is speaking directly to America here to me.

I though Israel was the Chosen People God was concerned about. When did it become America?

One would think in God's manual He would be bothered to explicitly say "by the way, it's no longer Israel, but rather a nation that won't be founded for another 17 centuries in a land that you won't even hear about for about until some Italian working for some Spaniards finds it."

I though Israel was the Chosen People God was concerned about. When did it become America?

One would think in God's manual He would be bothered to explicitly say "by the way, it's no longer Israel, but rather a nation that won't be founded for another 17 centuries in a land that you won't even hear about for about until some Italian working for some Spaniards finds it."

To the Jew first but also to the Greek. Read your Bible.

I've read it. I fail to find the word America anywhere in it.

Apparently you have no idea as to who exactly is the "Israel of God." Perhaps you have never heard of the Lost Tribes of Israel or recognize that God has raised up many nations throughout history such as Persia, Babylon, Greece, etc. until he finally left the building on them too?

I often wonder why all my money says "In God We Trust". Appears money is God. What a foolish thing to put on our money. Is God the Federal Reserve?

Apparently you have no idea as to who exactly is the "Israel of God." Perhaps you have never heard of the Lost Tribes of Israel or recognize that God has raised up many nations throughout history such as Persia, Babylon, Greece, etc. until he finally left the building on them too?

The Bible specifically says the seed of Abraham (to wit, the Jews and by extension the biblical Israel) are the chosen ones. It doesn't say anything about the Greeks, Persians, Romans, Turks, French, English, Americans, Chinese, Japanese, Moonmen for Beta Reticula 12, or anyone else being God's favored pets.

The Bible specifically says the seed of Abraham (to wit, the Jews and by extension the biblical Israel) are the chosen ones. It doesn't say anything about the Greeks, Persians, Romans, Turks, French, English, Americans, Chinese, Japanese, Moonmen for Beta Reticula 12, or anyone else being God's favored pets.

You have partially answered your own objection. Find out for once and for all just who is the "Israel of God". Paul was very clear on this topic. As for the rest, God builds up and God breaks down.

Paul's edicts don't get to overturn God's promise, just because the Jews didn't deserve Jesus in Paul's eyes.

Read the Book of Romans in the New Testament, Steven. Born again Christians (who dedicated this nation to God long ago) are grafted into the family of Abraham and therein part of the seed of Abraham now. Israel is Israel and America is America. America is a nation that was blessed by God because the people believed on His Son, Jesus Christ and obeyed the commandments of God. All who have received Christ are grafted into Abraham's family and are his children. I'm a daughter of Abraham through salvation in Christ as is every Greek, Persian, Roman, Turk, French, English, Chinese, Japanese person who repents of their sins and is born again.

When Israel disobeyed God and turned from the commandments of God they fell under judgment. America has disobeyed God and turned from the commandments of God and the judgment of God is falling on this nation. Surely you can see that. Right?

Paul's edicts don't get to overturn God's promise, just because the Jews didn't deserve Jesus in Paul's eyes.
Paul never said the Jews didn't deserve Jesus in his eyes. Paul made it clear that he would have been willing to do anything to see the Jews receive Christ. He loved his Jewish brethren. Read the bible, Steven.

America is listed in Daniel Chapter 7 verse 4. That is the description of America. The vision Daniel was given by God was for the end times. The bear is Russia. The leopard is Germany. And so on.......

I would have thought my OP would have garnered a few responses from the gay and lesbian community and possibly a few from the Liberal community but I guess they have come to accept the truth of the scriptures of Romans 1:18 thru 1:32.

I would have thought my OP would have garnered a few responses from the gay and lesbian community and possibly a few from the Liberal community but I guess they have come to accept the truth of the scriptures of Romans 1:18 thru 1:32.
Naw, it's because you're just an imbecile who doesn't know that the Romans were heavily into homosexuality and pedophilia.

You know.............it wasn't Gods favor that built America. It was the hard work of many people joining together to form a nation that was rich in resources and hard working people that believed in God.

And no......................God never leaves us, it is us who leave Him.

Forum List

Back