Has Obama Ever Negotiated Successfully?

He got ObamaCare passed, didn't he?

He got the stimulus bill passed, didn't he?

He got Dodd/Frank passed, didn't he?

He got Sotomayor and Kagan onto the Supreme Court, didn't he?

He got the new START treaty, didn't he?

He got tax increases on the rich, didn't he?

He also got the repeal of DADT passed as well.

But shhhhh, don't tell the fake Rabbi. If Obama didn't do it walking backwards, naked, in the snow, uphill, in minus 40 weather whilst also leaping tall buildings in a single bow, then it doesn't count for anything in fake Rabbi-world, you see...

With whom did Obama negotiate on that one? I thought Congress passed laws.
dunce.

Rabbi tactic #3

Easy, isn't it?

But shhhhh, don't tell the fake Rabbi. If Obama didn't do it walking backwards, naked, in the snow, uphill, in minus 40 weather whilst also leaping tall buildings in a single bow, then it doesn't count for anything in fake Rabbi-world, you see...

Listen, idiot. no negotiations are required when you control a majority in both houses.

Now, lets try again, since the elections of 2012, what has obama successfully negotiated?

The DEMS had a a filibuster-proof majority in the US Senate for only circa EIGHT months, in 2009-2010, specifically from April 28, 2009, when Arlen Specter (R-PA) switched to the Democratic Party, thus giving the Democrats 60 votes in the US Senate, until August 25th, 2009, when Ted Kennedy (D-MA) died while in office, and then from September 24th, 2009 until February 4th, 2010, when Paul Kirk was appointed to fill out Kennedy's term until the special election that Scott Brown (R) won.

So, why did you move the bar to 2012? That wasn't in the OP....

But I very much enjoyed watching your ignorance on display. Nothing like attacking another member but not even having your own facts in order. Bravo.

lol...

dunce.

Congress passes bills, Presidents either sign said bills into law your not, you stupid fucking shaygetz, but Presidents either get the credit or the blame when legislation does pass, or fails.

Now, back to your totally moronic OP. Here is the title:

Has Obama Ever Negotiated Successfully?

He wanted Obamacare passed. It was passed. It was negotiations on the part of the White House that were part of the deal, you stupid, fucking miserable shaygetz.

Ditto for pretty much everything else on the list provided by G5000, you stupid, fucking miserable putz.

dunce.

Rabbi tactic #3

Easy, isn't it?

Totally. It's all he's got.

Listen, idiot. no negotiations are required when you control a majority in both houses.

You really have no clue how government works.

So tell us, oh genius, how were Barney Frank and Chris Dodd able to stop Bush's plan to shrink the GSE's portfolios when they were in the minority party in both houses?

The minority party can totally gum up the works when it wants to. That is exactly when negotiation skills are needed most by the majority party.

Last edited:

You really have no clue how government works.

So tell us, oh genius, how were Barney Frank and Chris Dodd able to stop Bush's plan to shrink the GSE's portfolios when they were in the minority party in both houses?

The minority party can totally gum up the works when it wants to. That is exactly when negotiation skills are needed most by the majority party.

Yepp.

Bashing Obama is all the GOP has to offer.

Since Obama doesn't have a voting majority in the Senate, or a numbers majority in the House, I think he's done a great job at limiting the GOP from completely screwing the middle class.

Since Obama doesn't have a voting majority in the Senate, or a numbers majority in the House, I think he's done a great job at limiting the GOP from completely screwing the middle class.

The Democrats control the Senate. Where have you been?

I'm not bashing him. I asked a question. So far no one has been able to produce any instance where Obama had to negotiate something and had a successful outcome. I've posted numerous examples where he failed to produce a positive outcome.

Now, lets try again, since the elections of 2012, what has obama successfully negotiated?

The DEMS had a a filibuster-proof majority in the US Senate for only circa EIGHT months, in 2009-2010, specifically from April 28, 2009, when Arlen Specter (R-PA) switched to the Democratic Party, thus giving the Democrats 60 votes in the US Senate, until August 25th, 2009, when Ted Kennedy (D-MA) died while in office, and then from September 24th, 2009 until February 4th, 2010, when Paul Kirk was appointed to fill out Kennedy's term until the special election that Scott Brown (R) won.

But I very much enjoyed watching your ignorance on display. Nothing like attacking another member but not even having your own facts in order. Bravo.

lol...
Actually during that short time Lieberman was in effect behaving like a Republican and going on Hannity almost daily to bash the Pres.

So to me they had filibuster proof never

lol...
Actually during that short time Lieberman was in effect behaving like a Republican and going on Hannity almost daily to bash the Pres.

So to me they had filibuster proof never

Bullshit. To you the Democrats can't do anything but the GOP can pass legislation singlehandedly and is to blame for everything that's happened under Obama.

I'm not bashing him. I asked a question. So far no one has been able to produce any instance where Obama had to negotiate something and had a successful outcome. I've posted numerous examples where he failed to produce a positive outcome.

In the Senate, passing is 60 votes. Democrats have only 53. Neither party has voting control. The Republicans have majority voting control in the House, so. Republicans have control of Congress.

Your question has been answered. My post stands.

This is a serious question. When I think back to all the negotiations he's been part of, I cannot recall one time he came out on top.
Not when he went to the Olympic COmmittee to stump for Chicago. Not when he went to Copenhagen to negotiate climate change. Not when he negotiated with Iran. Not when he negotiated with Russia. Not when he negotiated with the GOP.
Is there a negotiation success that Obama has had in his entire term?

Nothing comes to mind.

Lieberman even later switched to I.

Bullshit my ass

You mean after the Democrat Party threw him out?
Yeah but he still voted with them the vast majority of the time. So did Republicans Olympia Snowe and several others.
Yeah, Obama had control of the House and Senate for the first 2 years. He could pass anything. No negotiation required.

In the Senate, passing is 60 votes. Democrats have only 53. Neither party has voting control. The Republicans have majority voting control in the House, so. Republicans have control of Congress.

Wrong. Passing is 51 votes. Dems have a margin in case of defection, plus Republicans who will usually cross party lines.

Wrong. Passing is 51 votes. Dems have a margin in case of defection, plus Republicans who will usually cross party lines.

Have you lived in a cave the last five years?

What legislation has passed the Senate with only 51 votes?
You cant even get cloture

Have you lived in a cave the last five years?

What legislation has passed the Senate with only 51 votes?
You cant even get cloture

Be nice to Rabbi, his people have been persecuted for something like 10,000 years. :badgrin:

This is a serious question. When I think back to all the negotiations he's been part of, I cannot recall one time he came out on top.
Not when he went to the Olympic COmmittee to stump for Chicago. Not when he went to Copenhagen to negotiate climate change. Not when he negotiated with Iran. Not when he negotiated with Russia. Not when he negotiated with the GOP.

Nothing was the result of negtiation. No republican voted for any of obama's pets.

Nothing was the result of negtiation. No republican voted for any of obama's pets.

Republicans negotiate?

Republicans negotiate?

Democrats sure as hell negotiated when they shoved a healthcare law down their throats. Oh, the negotiations were brilliant!

Forum List

Back