Has Obama Made Us Into a Banana Republic?

Bitter Pillian is getting loonier by the day.

I suspect she needs more B-12 in her diet.
[/QUOTE]

no kidding....I've known her for over 8 years or more on here. and man oh man.

No, this is not Obama.

This is a culture war, a deep and real division that is growing by the day.

One guy can't do that.

a culture war between normal people and people who want to go back to the 1950's and who hate the black guy in the white house so much that they don't care about the country.
Actually they want to go back to the 1850s.

We want people like you that think someone is owed something to personally fund it as you see it.

what are you blathering about?

Too many think one person is owed another person's money. If you or anyone else thinks someone deserves another person's money, write a check to them from your account. Unless I voluntarily do it, they deserve nothing especially if it involves the government forcing it from me to satisfy a bunch of do nothing, good intentioned bleeding hearts.

randian idiots are randian idiots.

you can't destroy your middle class. no one is talking about handouts. we're talking about being a society. wingers are bitter... and have no sense of rational thought in terms of how to handle an economy.

i was giving them the benefit of the doubt

Doubt that Republicans want to bring back slavery. What a couple of idiotic asses you both are

no. you just want to keep minorities from voting, push gays back into the closet and create a permanent pool of cheap labor to feed the top 1%.... we've been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

good to know you're still dumb as toast.

awww... how cute... boe toxic projecting again.

i suspect you need a shrink and some valium. but whatchagonnado?

"Projecting" is the word of the day, is it? I like your attempt to expand your vocabulary, but let me give you a tip. Before you use words in sentences all day, you are supposed to learn what the means first...

Doubt that Republicans want to bring back slavery. What a couple of idiotic asses you both are

no. you just want to keep minorities from voting, push gays back into the closet and create a permanent pool of cheap labor to feed the top 1%.... we've been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

It's clearly too late for B-12 to help Bitter Pillian.

Get thee some Olanzapine, hun. Perhaps someone can write a note to your doctor and pin it to your MuMu.

"Projecting" is the word of the day, is it? I like your attempt to expand your vocabulary, but let me give you a tip. Before you use words in sentences all day, you are supposed to learn what the means first...

i can't help it if low information rightwingnut idiots see things through their own ugly prism.

I wonder how she'll pay her bills when her looks are gone and she can't earn a living on her back anymore

That day arrived long ago, bub.

It's clearly too late for B-12 to help Bitter Pillian.

Get thee some Olanzapine, hun. Perhaps someone can write a note to your doctor and pin it to your MuMu.

poor bow toxic. so much clueless.. so little time.

thanks for trolling by though. s'matter, the winger boys aren't as nasty as the winger girls? they can't make rational arguments so you have to come in and protect them?

awwwww... so cute.

No, this is not Obama.

One guy can't do that.

a culture war between normal people and people who want to go back to the 1950's and who hate the black guy in the white house so much that they don't care about the country.

Let's not leave out the plutocrats who want to roll it back to what Mark Twain referred to as the "Gilded Age". Wait! We're already there!

I wonder how she'll pay her bills when her looks are gone and she can't earn a living on her back anymore

That day arrived long ago, bub.

*yawn*

again with the projecting. the women who make a living on their backs are the women in your world. knock wood... i've done ok keeping the looks and i still make more with a decent career than you ever will.

:thup:

No, this is not Obama.

One guy can't do that.

Let's not leave out the plutocrats who want to roll it back to what Mark Twain referred to as the "Gilded Age". Wait! We're already there!

see, they have no rational arguments. all they do is stomp around being afraid someone else is going to succeed because they can't.

OP- RW idiocy. This started with Reagan, got worse with W's corrupt world depression, and will continue until greedy idiot Pubs allow intelligent tax rates and policies, hater dupes.
The Demise of the American Middle Class In Numbers.
Over the past 30 years the American dream has gradually disappeared. The process was slow, so most people didn’t notice. They just worked a few more hours, borrowed a little more and cut back on non-essentials. But looking at the numbers and comparing them over long time periods, it is obvious that things have changed drastically. Here are the details:
1. WORKERS PRODUCE MORE BUT THE GAINS GO TO BUSINESS.
Over the past 63 years worker productivity has grown by 2.0% per year.
But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year. Labor’s share of income (1992 = 100%):
1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%
A 13% drop since 1980
2. THE TOP 10% GET A LARGER SHARE.

Share of National Income going to Top 10%:
1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%
An increase of 16% since Reagan.
3. WORKERS COMPENSATED FOR THE LOSS OF INCOME BY SPENDING THEIR SAVINGS.

The savings Rose up to Reagan and fell during and after.
1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%
2006 = -1.1% (Negative = withdrawing from savings)
A 12.3% drop after Reagan.
4. WORKERS ALSO BORROWED TO MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS.

Household Debt as percentage of GDP:
1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%
A 45% increase after 1980.
5. SO THE GAP BETWEEN THE RICHEST AND THE POOREST HAS GROWN.
Gap Between the Share of Capital Income earned by the top 1%
and the bottom 80%:
1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%
A 5.6 times increase.
6. AND THE AMERICAN DREAM IS GONE.

The Probably of Moving Up from the Bottom 40% to the Top 40%:
1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%
A 10% Decrease.
Links:
1 = ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/special.requests/pf/totalf1.txt
1 = https://www.clevelandfed.org/Research/PolicyDis/No7Nov04.pdf
1 = http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Zh1bveXc8rA/SuddUhLWUaI/AAAAAAAAA7M/iU2gefk317M/s1600-h/Clipboard01.jpg
2 – http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/blog/09/04/27/CongratulationstoEmmanuelSaez/
3 = http://www.demos.org/inequality/images/charts/uspersonalsaving_thumb.gif
3 = http://www.bea.gov/national/nipaweb/TableView.asp?SelectedTable=58&Freq=Qtr&FirstYear=2008&LastYear=2010
4 = http://www.prudentbear.com/index.php/household-sector-debt-of-gdp
4 = http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/z1/current/
5/6 = http://www.businessinsider.com/15-charts-about-wealth-and-inequality-in-america-2010-4?slop=1#slideshow-start
Overview = http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/2010062415/reagan-revolution-home-roost-charts

no kidding....I've known her for over 8 years or more on here. and man oh man.

no honey... you see your own ugly anger ... *shrug*

now go cash your social security check snookie.

That IS the hypocrisy, isn't it?[/QUOTE]
Jeebus what a hater dupe a-hole. Life is tough when all you have is bs talking points, ignorance, stupidity, and ridiculous insults, isn't it? LOL

Hey, Transformation baby. and just think...... some of you voted for it. yeehaaa

SNIP:
When I was growing up we used to make fun of countries in Central and South America for the flimsy governments that were run by two-bit dictators who made up the script as they went along. In fact, we made so much fun of these operations that Woody Allen made a movie in 1971 called Bananas which parodied the governments and their haphazard operations. It is probably considered insensitive today to even refer to our southern friends in such terms. More importantly, the question is: How much are we becoming a similar operation?

This is not to state that the root cause of this problem is President Obama. Presidents have been at odds with Congress regarding the powers of the presidency since time began (1789). Early on it was more a process of defining who could do what. In recent times, it has seemed to people and scholars on both sides of the aisle that executive power has expanded at the expense of the Congress with a short turnaround in the mid 1970’s in the aftermath of Watergate. However, the current president has exerted executive power to the 10th degree bringing us the edge of a constitutional crisis.

Since January 2011 when Mr. Obama no longer had a majority in both houses of Congress, he has told the Congress on too many occasions that he will do what he wants and they cannot stop him.

Instead of attempting to negotiate a deal with the Republicans who very actively want to structure a multi-faceted immigration reform program, Mr. Obama told them to stick it in their ear and “legalized” five million people here in America illegally.

That caused 26 states to sue him and have the program put on hold. He followed that up by negotiating an agreement with a dangerous adversary, Iran, and made blatant he intends to circumvent the Congress.

ALL of it here:
Has Obama Made Us Into a Banana Republic - Bruce Bialosky - Page 1
No, that can't happen in six years.
It started with Reagan.

Hey, Transformation baby. and just think...... some of you voted for it. yeehaaa

SNIP:
When I was growing up we used to make fun of countries in Central and South America for the flimsy governments that were run by two-bit dictators who made up the script as they went along. In fact, we made so much fun of these operations that Woody Allen made a movie in 1971 called Bananas which parodied the governments and their haphazard operations. It is probably considered insensitive today to even refer to our southern friends in such terms. More importantly, the question is: How much are we becoming a similar operation?

This is not to state that the root cause of this problem is President Obama. Presidents have been at odds with Congress regarding the powers of the presidency since time began (1789). Early on it was more a process of defining who could do what. In recent times, it has seemed to people and scholars on both sides of the aisle that executive power has expanded at the expense of the Congress with a short turnaround in the mid 1970’s in the aftermath of Watergate. However, the current president has exerted executive power to the 10th degree bringing us the edge of a constitutional crisis.

Since January 2011 when Mr. Obama no longer had a majority in both houses of Congress, he has told the Congress on too many occasions that he will do what he wants and they cannot stop him.

Instead of attempting to negotiate a deal with the Republicans who very actively want to structure a multi-faceted immigration reform program, Mr. Obama told them to stick it in their ear and “legalized” five million people here in America illegally.

That caused 26 states to sue him and have the program put on hold. He followed that up by negotiating an agreement with a dangerous adversary, Iran, and made blatant he intends to circumvent the Congress.

ALL of it here:
Has Obama Made Us Into a Banana Republic - Bruce Bialosky - Page 1
No, that can't happen in six years.
It started with Reagan.

Yup. 100% right. The "trickle down" theory. Fucking Republicans got lost in the smoke and mirrors. It was really "trickle out": offshoring everything including the clothes on our back.

But it makes the scared white people feel better to blame it on a black guy.

And I believe this government under both parties is corrupted as hell. More so Democrats, but Republicans are working up to it...this administration is the worst I've lived under for corruption

Of course, because BOTH PARTIES are infected with the addled Relativist notions OKA: Progressivism.

The Democrats are eternally, hopelessly lost to it, the GOP is presently in the process of Ridding itself of it.

That's not tangible.

If your skills don't get the job done financially, the problem isn't with the one paying an equivalent wage for those skills. It's with the one offering low skills.

Your problem is even when people don't work for a living, you think they should be given enough to live on. That means you think they should make a living whether they work or not.

That's very tangible.

We know what it costs to live reasonably comfortably- shelter, food, medical, maybe a creature comfort or two.

The difference is, I don't want the rest of us paying for it while the person who benefits from that labor - the rich - get to live the good life.

If a Walmart Employee is only making $7.50 and the rest of us are covering him with SNAP and Section 8 and Medicare, that is all manner of fucked up.

I'm sorry you lack the human decency to see that.
While at the same time most on the right are advocating that SNAP, Section 8, and Medicaid be 'done away with,' such is the stupidly of those blindly adhering to failed conservative dogma.

I advocate bleeding hearts like you find ANYONE you think is owed such things and write a check on their behalf from your account. The government isn't needed for them to get what you think they are owed. All they need is those who say they are owed something to fund it personally.
That is a great strategy for your ideal government

You want it........you do it yourself

You want to go to war? You go first
You want schools? Build your own
You want roads? Build them yourself

Why should people who do not want government services have to pay for them?

Since declaring war and funding a military is a delegated power of government, no problem with funding such things. Since schools are a reserved power of State governments, no problem funding them. Since social welfare, healthcare, etc. has no delegated federal authority, you fund them bleeding heart.
God...what a useless response

Government does what We the People need doing at the level that is most effective to do it.
Playing the opt out game does not comply with what our founders expected

Forum List

Back