Has Obama Made Us Into a Banana Republic?

My example did just that. Someone making 10x more paid 10x more. You seem to be saying someone benefitting 10x more should pay 50x more. Coming from someone that amounts to nothing, I can understand why you would pay nothing.

Yes, that works for me. The rich are parasites. They should pay a lot more. and they should be happy to do it.

Let's put numbers to that.

The top 1% of taxpayers pay 40% of taxes, they should pay...

The top 5% of taxpayers pay 60% of taxes, they should pay...

Exactly, he admitted he has a problem getting fired. He blames his bosses for firing him. I told him he should start by thinking about his attitude. Can you imaging actually being around someone like Joe all day? He'd make Mother Teresa want to off herself

I've got a great attitude

Um...yeah...

I just don't think you should illegally fire long term employees because they have medical issues, which is what they did.

Why are your medical bills your employer's problem in the fist place? Your employer agreed to pay you a salary. They agreed to benefits, including a certain amount for an insurance policy. How did that turn into unlimited medical expenses being their problem?

The top 5% should pay 93% of taxes...

So the people who earn 30% of the income and pay 60% of taxes should actually pay 93%. And YOU call US parasites. You don't own a mirror, do you?

which is what they did through most of history. Until that senile old fuck Reagan came along.

As always, you are full of shit

Yes, that works for me. The rich are parasites. They should pay a lot more. and they should be happy to do it.

Allow me to clarify:
The top 1% of earners pay 40% of all personal fed income taxes.
The top 5% pays 60% of same.
The bottom 50% pay no federal income tax.
Zippo, Zilch. Nada.
For loony lefties that seems unfair because those who pay NOTHING are overpaying.

So the people who earn 30% of the income and pay 60% of taxes should actually pay 93%. And YOU call US parasites. You don't own a mirror, do you?

which is what they did through most of history. Until that senile old fuck Reagan came along.

When that 30% is more than the 90% of workers incomes, it matters...

Why are your medical bills your employer's problem in the fist place? Your employer agreed to pay you a salary. They agreed to benefits, including a certain amount for an insurance policy. How did that turn into unlimited medical expenses being their problem?

First, they became my employers problem when our agreement was that health insurance was part of the benefits package. We are paying you this plus Health, Vision and Dental.

Now, for some bizarre reason, this company decided anyone who ran up too many medical bills in a given year was a liability to be gotten rid of. It's completely illegal to do this, but they kept doing it until someone finally sued them and won a six-figure settlement.

Now, I have a simple solution. Single Payer, government dictates prices, everything gets covered. Employers don't get involved at all.

But until we do get the employers out of it, they should actually, you know, do what they promised to do.

Allow me to clarify:
Zippo, Zilch. Nada.
For loony lefties that seems unfair because those who pay NOTHING are overpaying.

Income tax isn't the only tax out there. Social Security, Medicare and State income taxes are flat taxes. Sales taxes and sin taxes are taxes that eat up more of earning of those who lack disposable income.

Oh, you are also wrong on the 50% pay no income tax. In fact, only 14% pay no payroll taxes at all.

Most Americans Do Indeed Pay Federal Taxes Including Poor - Forbes

Allow me to clarify:
Zippo, Zilch. Nada.

Income tax isn't the only tax out there. Social Security, Medicare and State income taxes are flat taxes. Sales taxes and sin taxes are taxes that eat up more of earning of those who lack disposable income.

Oh, you are also wrong on the 50% pay no income tax. In fact, only 14% pay no payroll taxes at all.

I understand there are other taxes which is why I specified personal federal income taxes, not payroll taxes. See how that works?
According to your article - which you should have read BEFORE claiming I am wrong - "while about 43 percent of all households will pay no federal income tax this year, only 14 percent will pay neither income nor payroll tax." Payroll tax - FICA - is Social Security (retirement insurance), not Federal income tax and despite the fact that we've had conversation you continue to try to blur the line I've clearly delineated.

When that 30% is more than the 90% of workers incomes, it matters...

Yes, Karl. And you weren't a math major, were you?

Allow me to clarify:
Zippo, Zilch. Nada.

I understand there are other taxes which is why I specified personal federal income taxes, not payroll taxes. See how that works?
According to your article - which you should have read BEFORE claiming I am wrong - "while about 43 percent of all households will pay no federal income tax this year, only 14 percent will pay neither income nor payroll tax." Payroll tax - FICA - is Social Security (retirement insurance), not Federal income tax and despite the fact that we've had conversation you continue to try to blur the line I've clearly delineated.
Considering payroll taxes are now more than fed income taxes, your argument is just a Pub bs talking point, Pub dupe. State and local taxes and fees, which kill the nonrich, have gone up so much in reaction to low fed taxes that now EVERYONE is paying 21% in all taxes and fees. Try the real world. Reaganism is an idiotic disgrace. See sig.

[First, they became my employers problem when our agreement was that health insurance was part of the benefits package. We are paying you this plus Health, Vision and Dental.

Non responsive. They agreed to pay a certain amount for your medical insurance. They did not agree to pay an unlimited amount. Obviously they paid the insurance they agreed to. Why did it become their problem to pay unlimited medical bills? That was the question

Great idea... drive the US directly down the Social Democracy drain.

LOL! A form of governance that had been thoroughly discredited by the 18th Century.

Actually, europe and Japan do better than we do. We wallow in pigshit clinging to our guns and bibles while the 1%ers turn us into a third world country.

Sorry to disillusion you, turd, but economic growth is lower in Europe and Japan, and unemployment is higher. So who's going down the road to being a third world country?
WE RECOVER FASTER FROM CORRUPT pUB DEPRESSIONS BECAUSE OF OUR NATURAL RESOURCES, BUT OUR BS pUB POLICIES THAT PANDER TO THE RICH AND REFUSE INVESTMENT WILL SCREW US IN THE LONG RUN...OOOPS.

Hmmm, why doesn't that work for Venezuela or Russia or Brazil? They all have abundant natural resources. Sweden also has abundant natural resources.
Corruption, bad education and training. Sweden did snap back- also skipped the Pubscam carnival.

Hey, Transformation baby. and just think...... some of you voted for it. yeehaaa

SNIP:
When I was growing up we used to make fun of countries in Central and South America for the flimsy governments that were run by two-bit dictators who made up the script as they went along. In fact, we made so much fun of these operations that Woody Allen made a movie in 1971 called Bananas which parodied the governments and their haphazard operations. It is probably considered insensitive today to even refer to our southern friends in such terms. More importantly, the question is: How much are we becoming a similar operation?

This is not to state that the root cause of this problem is President Obama. Presidents have been at odds with Congress regarding the powers of the presidency since time began (1789). Early on it was more a process of defining who could do what. In recent times, it has seemed to people and scholars on both sides of the aisle that executive power has expanded at the expense of the Congress with a short turnaround in the mid 1970’s in the aftermath of Watergate. However, the current president has exerted executive power to the 10th degree bringing us the edge of a constitutional crisis.

Since January 2011 when Mr. Obama no longer had a majority in both houses of Congress, he has told the Congress on too many occasions that he will do what he wants and they cannot stop him.

Instead of attempting to negotiate a deal with the Republicans who very actively want to structure a multi-faceted immigration reform program, Mr. Obama told them to stick it in their ear and “legalized” five million people here in America illegally.

That caused 26 states to sue him and have the program put on hold. He followed that up by negotiating an agreement with a dangerous adversary, Iran, and made blatant he intends to circumvent the Congress.

ALL of it here:
Has Obama Made Us Into a Banana Republic - Bruce Bialosky - Page 1

Think that ship sailed in 2001. ;)

As always, Obama haters don't pass up ANY opportunity to show both their animosity AND stupidity....The author of the article (Bialosky) is a renowned Zionist whose loyalty is much more toward Israel than the U.S. and such folks cannot stomach any individual who challenges the supremacy of the Israeli lobby.....In other words, it is another example of demanding that the "tail" must wag the "dog."

:clap: Bravo! Bravo!
Do you have anymore? :laugh:
Only for people whose value actually means something. You aren't one of them.

Bummer. Hey, how about now?
View attachment 39110

Interesting how your profile says male yet you post a picture of a female. I got it now. You're a pussy.

So you're gay.
Well, that's OK. I didn't know. Otherwise I would have posted this:
View attachment 39112

Well, I have early meetings tomorrow morning. But let's do this again. OK Con 65?
No but you must be posting a female's picture as a male.

Any guy who doesn't appreciate Kate Upton is either dead or gay. At least that's what Ted Nugent said and I know the far right loves Ted or was that Rosie O'Donnell? I always get those two mixed up. :alcoholic:

Considering payroll taxes are now more than fed income taxes, your argument is just a Pub bs talking point, Pub dupe. State and local taxes and fees, which kill the nonrich, have gone up so much in reaction to low fed taxes that now EVERYONE is paying 21% in all taxes and fees. Try the real world. Reaganism is an idiotic disgrace. See sig.

Frankly, I believe taxes which are to be spent locally should be raised locally. I don't want Washington to collect taxes, take their collection and processing fees and then passing what's left on to the next levels of gov't (state, county) each of which will do the same until it finally reaches the cities and towns for whom it was garnished. Those local gov'ts will then take their fees and expenses off the top and pass what is left onto the agencies - both public and private - to do civic work ... maybe. BTW, you again forgot to post a link to the source of your facts.

Last edited:
Great idea... drive the US directly down the Social Democracy drain.

LOL! A form of governance that had been thoroughly discredited by the 18th Century.

Actually, europe and Japan do better than we do. We wallow in pigshit clinging to our guns and bibles while the 1%ers turn us into a third world country.

Sorry to disillusion you, turd, but economic growth is lower in Europe and Japan, and unemployment is higher. So who's going down the road to being a third world country?
WE RECOVER FASTER FROM CORRUPT pUB DEPRESSIONS BECAUSE OF OUR NATURAL RESOURCES, BUT OUR BS pUB POLICIES THAT PANDER TO THE RICH AND REFUSE INVESTMENT WILL SCREW US IN THE LONG RUN...OOOPS.

Hmmm, why doesn't that work for Venezuela or Russia or Brazil? They all have abundant natural resources. Sweden also has abundant natural resources.
Corruption, bad education and training. Sweden did snap back- also skipped the Pubscam carnival.

Sweden's economy has never been robust ever since it adopted the welfare state.

Forum List

Back