Has the media decided that it is our THIRD PARTY? Jim Acosta seems to think so!

CNN is probably losing in ratings because unlike Fox and MSNBC (who I do not consider equally honest) have targeted audiences who want biased news for better or worse. CNN, who probably took the most honest approach does not have that built in audience and so they suffer for it, unfortunately.

CNN and MSNBC crashed in the ratings because for over two years, among other reasons, they PROMISED their viewers that there had been COLLUSION between Russia and the Trump Campaign. Then, when the Mueller Report came out, instead of proving COLLUSION, the report proved there was NO COLLUSION. They were both proven to have been lying to their viewers.

If that was not enough, CNN and MSNBC treated, and even questioned Michael Avenatti about RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT. In about a two month period, Avenatti appeared on their shows a combined total of 108 times. Then we learned that Michael Avenatti was a total slimeball attorney who stole from his clients, including Stormy Daniels. Given all his criminal charges, the former idol of CNN and MSNBC faces more than 800 years in prison.

CNN, MSNBC Have Given Stormy Daniels Lawyer Michael Avenatti $175 Million in Earned Media

Michael Avenatti / YouTube
BY: David Rutz
May 11, 2018 11:00 am
[...]
The total came out to $174,631,598.07 from at least 65 CNN appearances and 43 MSNBC appearances. Avenatti's favorite shows include CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360" (at least 20 interviews), MSNBC's "The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell" (14), CNN's "New Day" (12), CNN's "Tonight with Don Lemon" (eight), and MSNBC's "Deadline White House" (seven).
[...]
CNN, MSNBC Have Given Stormy Daniels Lawyer Michael Avenatti $175 Million in Earned Media Time

How can anyone wonder why these former giants have crashed and are burning. Instead of wondering why, we should wonder how it took so long!

MSNBC is catching up to Fox and remember, Fox doesn't have any competition in terms of being far right.
Lol
MSNBC is the Joe Scarborough Mika Brzezinski whore show... Only people they have on that network are extremist progressives...

Neither one is an extremist just because they don't like Trump. Do you guys have a way of modulating your emotions or are you always "on"?
Lol
Has nothing to do with Trump, everyone on that network is extremist progressive. They are all fucked in the head and should be treated as such

One of them is center left and the other center right, but OK.

CNN and MSNBC crashed in the ratings because for over two years, among other reasons, they PROMISED their viewers that there had been COLLUSION between Russia and the Trump Campaign. Then, when the Mueller Report came out, instead of proving COLLUSION, the report proved there was NO COLLUSION. They were both proven to have been lying to their viewers.

If that was not enough, CNN and MSNBC treated, and even questioned Michael Avenatti about RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT. In about a two month period, Avenatti appeared on their shows a combined total of 108 times. Then we learned that Michael Avenatti was a total slimeball attorney who stole from his clients, including Stormy Daniels. Given all his criminal charges, the former idol of CNN and MSNBC faces more than 800 years in prison.

CNN, MSNBC Have Given Stormy Daniels Lawyer Michael Avenatti $175 Million in Earned Media

Michael Avenatti / YouTube
BY: David Rutz
May 11, 2018 11:00 am
[...]
The total came out to $174,631,598.07 from at least 65 CNN appearances and 43 MSNBC appearances. Avenatti's favorite shows include CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360" (at least 20 interviews), MSNBC's "The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell" (14), CNN's "New Day" (12), CNN's "Tonight with Don Lemon" (eight), and MSNBC's "Deadline White House" (seven).
[...]
CNN, MSNBC Have Given Stormy Daniels Lawyer Michael Avenatti $175 Million in Earned Media Time

How can anyone wonder why these former giants have crashed and are burning. Instead of wondering why, we should wonder how it took so long!

MSNBC is catching up to Fox and remember, Fox doesn't have any competition in terms of being far right.
Lol
MSNBC is the Joe Scarborough Mika Brzezinski whore show... Only people they have on that network are extremist progressives...

Neither one is an extremist just because they don't like Trump. Do you guys have a way of modulating your emotions or are you always "on"?
Lol
Has nothing to do with Trump, everyone on that network is extremist progressive. They are all fucked in the head and should be treated as such

One of them is center left and the other center right, but OK.
Lol
Both of them suck Obama cock, and are extremist progressives

Acosta has politics in his blood, my friends. his parents were subscribers to the washington post, which led to Acosta's interest in journalism
The Washington Post is one of our two great newspapers. What are you driving at there?
just laying out an interesting fact for everyone to ponder!

I don't ignore many people, I can't make up my mind about you.
i dont ignore anyone. i'm a 1st amendment guy!

Acosta has politics in his blood, my friends. his parents were subscribers to the washington post, which led to Acosta's interest in journalism
The Washington Post is one of our two great newspapers. What are you driving at there?
just laying out an interesting fact for everyone to ponder!

I don't ignore many people, I can't make up my mind about you.
i dont ignore anyone. i'm a 1st amendment guy!

Has nothing to do with free speech, you're just kind of annoying.

He's referring to the lies from the White House and how the press should have done a better job calling them out.

I agree.

Here is the full interview and a place for liberals to go to and not give Breitbart traffic.

Um, CNN is no more reliable than Breitbart...

Cable News... unlike broadcast news, they do not have to follow the "fairness doctrine".... they can do whatever they want, and do not have to follow the fairness doctrine, where they have to present BOTH side

FOX news, 20+ years ago, started the "one sided" news....to hound on Bill Clinton... and they got the number 1 spot....

the rest of cable news was slow to catch on, but now they are following FOX's model, it seems... whatever makes them money goes....

Please do a minuscule amount of research before throwing up a false post.

The Fairness Doctrine was rightly done away with, across the board, in 1987. Prior to that, in 1969 the Supreme Court upheld the FCC's general right to enforce the fairness doctrine where channels were limited.

Do you forget that CNN was famously called the Clinton News Network for all the work they did defending President Donald Trump?

The media is not a third party the majority of them are just an extension of the Democratic party. What CNN Jim Acosta and many other's in the media have forgotten is their job is to report the news fairly and accurately not create the news or support one party or the other not support and push policies they agree with or push their own personal agendas.
Cable News... unlike broadcast news, they do not have to follow the "fairness doctrine".... they can do whatever they want, and do not have to follow the fairness doctrine, where they have to present BOTH sides.

FOX news, 20+ years ago, started the "one sided" news....to hound on Bill Clinton... and they got the number 1 spot....

the rest of cable news was slow to catch on, but now they are following FOX's model, it seems.
Even Fox claims to be entertainment

They do have an entertainment channel and a sports channel. Some of the shows on Fox News are entertainment. For instance the Greg Gutfeld Show which has ratings higher than most of the late night shows on network TV.

Published May 29
Fox News, 'Hannity' dominate May ratings as CNN's troubles continue
By Brian Flood | Fox News

Fox News, 'Hannity' dominate May ratings as CNN's troubles continue

Has the media decided that it is our THIRD PARTY?

Would Walter Cronkite and many other great newscasters of the past recognize their profession today?

CNN’s Acosta ‘Regrets’ Media Did Not Stand in Solidarity More Against Trump
By TRENT BAKER 9 Jun 2019

Sunday on CNN’s “Reliable Sources,” CNN White House chief correspondent Jim Acosta revealed one his “regrets” in life is the media not standing together in solidarity.

Acosta lamented he has “missed some opportunities” to challenge President Donald Trump labeling the media “the enemy of the people.”
[...]
CNN's Acosta 'Regrets' Media Did Not Stand in Solidarity More Against Trump | Breitbart

The media has ALWAYS thought they are part of the political leadership. They call themselves the Fourth Estate for a reason.

Here is some reading for you, and why they refer to themselves as the fourth estate.

Estates-General
FRENCH HISTORY

Estates-General | Definition, Meeting, & History

Has the media decided that it is our THIRD PARTY?

Would Walter Cronkite and many other great newscasters of the past recognize their profession today?

CNN’s Acosta ‘Regrets’ Media Did Not Stand in Solidarity More Against Trump
By TRENT BAKER 9 Jun 2019

Sunday on CNN’s “Reliable Sources,” CNN White House chief correspondent Jim Acosta revealed one his “regrets” in life is the media not standing together in solidarity.

Acosta lamented he has “missed some opportunities” to challenge President Donald Trump labeling the media “the enemy of the people.”
[...]
CNN's Acosta 'Regrets' Media Did Not Stand in Solidarity More Against Trump | Breitbart

The media has ALWAYS thought they are part of the political leadership. They call themselves the Fourth Estate for a reason.

Here is some reading for you, and why they refer to themselves as the fourth estate.

Estates-General
FRENCH HISTORY

Estates-General | Definition, Meeting, & History
The media protects us from the excesses of government

Always have

Acosta says he fears the day when a Trump supporter will kill a journalist. it's almost as if he's looking forward to it, so he can play the victim card for years to come!

"Trump is putting our lives in danger" - Acosta told a room of San Jose State U students
Trump does build up the hate towards the media

Justifiably.

"Benghazi, the formation and rise of ISIS, Fast And Furious, the Obamacare website are all scandals which CNN covered during the Obama Administration" - Acosta...
None are scandals

Did you type that with a straight face?

List%20of%20Scandals-XL.jpg
m

this Acosta clown accused Trump of weaponizing the CIA out of ill will. look in the mirror at your own party, pal!

Acosta says he fears the day when a Trump supporter will kill a journalist. it's almost as if he's looking forward to it, so he can play the victim card for years to come!

"Trump is putting our lives in danger" - Acosta told a room of San Jose State U students
Trump does build up the hate towards the media

Justifiably.
I can see why Trump has to do it

The media challenges his mistruths on a daily basis. Trump has to create mistrust in the press to cover his ass

The media is not a third party the majority of them are just an extension of the Democratic party. What CNN Jim Acosta and many other's in the media have forgotten is their job is to report the news fairly and accurately not create the news or support one party or the other not support and push policies they agree with or push their own personal agendas.
Cable News... unlike broadcast news, they do not have to follow the "fairness doctrine".... they can do whatever they want, and do not have to follow the fairness doctrine, where they have to present BOTH side

the rest of cable news was slow to catch on, but now they are following FOX's model, it seems... whatever makes them money goes....
Reporting the news accurately has nothing to do with the Fairness Doctrine. If you are an actual journalist not a talk show host who is misrepresenting the facts you are at best a spokesperson at worst a propagandist. There used to be a clear distinction between actual reporting and opinion now to many journalists are passing off their opinions as reporting.
TY for your response! On cable TV, it is hard to know when the show is a News Show or a Show by a host, that is entertainment, so to say. It's not like the broadcast networks, with an actual hour or so that is labeled something like News Center 7, or Bangor Nightly News....

Read the News from newspapers.... they have done some Pulitzer prize winning investigative stories too.... I totally disagree with anyone that claims they have not! And it will say if it is an Opinion piece or Editorial, so you will know when to shovel through the bias.

but Cable, as it stands now.... are giving the right and the left, complete opposite political news... which is dividing us....as a Nation.

A small example;
You get migrants climbing a border fence with a backpack alleged to be filled with drugs... kind of stories, and we on the left get video of small children going through total trauma in these horrible detention centers....

BOTH are real news, neither are fake news, but if you only get one side of the issue, and I only get one side of the issue, then this divides us.... the fairness doctrine, imo, would make them give the two of us, both sides of the issue.

Forum List

Back