🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Has the republican perception of the income inequality crisis changed at all?

Income equality must be stopped. Why should a brain surgeon make more than a pizza delivery boy? The skill set is nearly identical.
I'll have you know, the pizza delivery 'person'(politically correct) delivers 60 pizzas or so a day, while the brain surgeon only operates 1 time, thus, the pizza person is much more productive than the surgeon, and should be making 60 times the money. All we have to do is pay 200 bucks for a pizza.

Obama was in total control of Washington for two years. He did nothing about this. He has had control of the White House and Senate for 4 years. He has done nothing about this. He has had a totally sycophantic press at his beck and call for 6 years, willing to help him with his initiatives and to cover up his mistakes. He has done nothing about this.

And you want to say it's the Republicans' fault?
Less than six months actually, brainwashed dupe of the greedy idiot rich...

So why, again hasn't Obama done anything about this so-called "problem"?
Because you don't mess with tax rates etc when the economy is in freefall, and Pubs have refused ANY attempt to do ANYTHING since Feb. 4, 2010. A-holes and fools like you, Pub dupe. You just found out you're a functional moron, and it makes no effect on you. Amazing.

Have you noticed that none of Obama's budgets get anywhere in Harry Reid's Senate?

To summarize this thread, you're complaining that Republicans are doing nothing about income disparity, while simultaneously admitting there is nothing anyone can do about it. Basically, you're just complaining about nothing. Is that about the size of it?
That's why its a Billy Zero troll thread.
There's nothing that can be done and Republicans are culpable for doing just that.

Duh, raise taxes on the bloated megarich and giant corporations, invest in infrastructure and training and education, lower taxes on the nonrich, raise the min wage to $10. Nothing will get better until voodoo is repealed. See sig, brainwashed ignoramuses

I realize that some Rightwingers are so childish that they can't even admit that the massive inequality gap even exists, but it is equally troubling when they don't think it is a problem that 1% of the top earners own 40% of the nation's wealth.

Has this changed? I want to know. I know republicans have trouble with inconvenient facts but at some point they have to see the light. This economic issue is far worse than any government regulation ever conceived in this country.

News flash: economists warn that this problem alone will inevitably lead to more economic crises. Why? Because this is a consumption based economy. If more and more money is being concentrated at the top and the middle class is shrinking, the economy becomes destabilized because of the drop in consumer spending.

Of course republicans refuse to do anything about this problem. They are of course against any gov intervention on the economy despite the fact that is the ONLY way to fix the problem.

Government intervention is the only way to fix the problem, you're right. Government caused the problem and government needs to fix the problem. The first thing the government needs to do is pull 20 million illegal infiltrators out of the workforce and deport them. Think of all the new jobs that this will create. With the ensuing labor scarcity employers will have to increases wages offered, and thus we will see a lowering of income inequality.

Next the government needs to stop all LEGAL immigration until such time as our work force participation rates gets to 75% of all working age adults. That'll boost salaries even higher and lower income inequality even more.

The problem with implementing these solution is we have a traitor class in the United States who show more allegiance to the welfare of foreigners than they do to the welfare of their fellow American citizens. These Democrats are blocking needed reform.

You say you want to fix the problem, I'm giving you a solution, so tell me why you oppose deporting 20 million illegal infiltrators? Why do you support foreign lawbreakers rather than American citizens?

Productivity in the lower classes has gone up 100% yet wages have only gone up 8%. Obviously that's a problem.

Too many workers means the bargaining power of labor is reduced and the bargaining power of Capital is improved. Create worker shortages and the bargaining power of Labor rockets skyward. YOU want that, don't you?

No crisis? See sig, dingbat. Reaganism has wrecked the nonrich and the country, even before the corrupt Booosh World depression.

That's impossible because these events were already in motion before Reagan took office. They began shortly after the Immigration Reform Act of 1965 opened the borders and flooded the nation with immigrants.

More workers in the labor force results in reversing the strong bargaining hand that labor had in the late sixties. As more workers flooded into the market, the power of Labor declined and the power of Capital increased.

I don't need to guess. If you count all taxes and fees. the mega rich and giant corporations pay less percentagewise than anyone, including the poor, brainwashed dingbat.

Duh, raise taxes on the bloated megarich and giant corporations, invest in infrastructure and training and education, lower taxes on the nonrich, raise the min wage to $10. Nothing will get better until voodoo is repealed. See sig, brainwashed ignoramuses

Guess Who Really Pays the Taxes mdash The American Magazine
Cut the Pubcrappe, moron- Fed income taxes are Reaganist bs, are now less than payroll taxes, ALL paid by the nonrich. Change the channel, fool.

I don't need to guess. If you count all taxes and fees. the mega rich and giant corporations pay less percentagewise than anyone, including the poor, brainwashed dingbat.

Who gives a shit about percentage wise you jealous bitch.My taxable income last year was $247K I paid $106K in federal taxes. Was my gross income MUCH higher than $247K? You bet it was. And I took EVERY deduction and loophole my accountant could find.

Point me to a poor person who paid even 10% of what I paid in federal income tax last year in ALL taxes and fees....

Or how about this, I paid $16K in property taxes last year in a school district where I don't even have kids attending and another $12K in the district my kids DO attend.

Guess Who Really Pays the Taxes mdash The American Magazine
Cut the Pubcrappe, moron- Fed income taxes are Reaganist bs, are now less than payroll taxes, ALL paid by the nonrich. Change the channel, fool.

Why are you whining about payroll taxes?
They fund Social Security which also benefits the nonrich much more than the rich.
We could balance the budget by taxing liberal idiocy.

What crisis is there?

You earn what you have decided you would earn.

Didn't want to get an education? Then you decided that you would limit your earnings.

Decided that you have to live in a certain city? State? Part of the country and won't move? Then you have decided to possibly limit your income.

The only person who is at fault for what they earn or don't earn is the person themselves 99% of the time.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports today:

The number of foreign-born individuals holding jobs in the United States hit a recorded high of 24,639,000 in August, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). The BLS has been tracking the number of foreign-born workers annually since 2005 and monthly since 2007.

The BLS does not distinguish between foreign-born individuals who are in the United States legally and those who are here illegally.
And the Left wonders why income inequality is growing. Sheesh, are they economic illiterates? Yeah, OK I know they are, but still, is it really that hard to connect the dots - more workers competing for one job gives the employers more bargaining power to lower wages. Is that really so difficult for liberals to understand?

The number of foreign-born individuals holding jobs in the United States hit a recorded high of 24,639,000 in August, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). The BLS has been tracking the number of foreign-born workers annually since 2005 and monthly since 2007.

The BLS does not distinguish between foreign-born individuals who are in the United States legally and those who are here illegally.
And the Left wonders why income inequality is growing. Sheesh, are they economic illiterates? Yeah, OK I know they are, but still, is it really that hard to connect the dots - more workers competing for one job gives the employers more bargaining power to lower wages. Is that really so difficult for liberals to understand?

Let's be truthful though.

There are chicken plants where I live, even back when I was a kid I remember the local people who would not have a job at all declaring "I'd never work at that place for any amount of money"

well chicken has to get cooked, so these companies bring in immigrants.

The idea that illegal immigrants are stealing jobs from Americans is laughable. If Americans had been taking those jobs to begin with, there wouldn't have been any openings for the immigrants to "steal"

What crisis is there?

Didn't want to get an education? Then you decided that you would limit your earnings.

Decided that you have to live in a certain city? State? Part of the country and won't move? Then you have decided to possibly limit your income.

The only person who is at fault for what they earn or don't earn is the person themselves 99% of the time.

This isn't right. This is dogma talking, not evidence. I love slamming lefties too but they can point to evidence of a.) increased income inequality, b.) stagnant wage growth, and c.) lowered income mobility. These problems all exist.

The problem is that Lefties caused them. The problem is that Lefty solutions don't work, see above with respect to them causing the problems with other "solutions." The problem is that Lefties don't want to fix the problem with solutions that work. That's how you hit Lefties, not by denying measurable problems.

What crisis is there?

This isn't right. This is dogma talking, not evidence. I love slamming lefties too but they can point to evidence of a.) increased income inequality, b.) stagnant wage growth, and c.) lowered income mobility. These problems all exist.

The problem is that Lefties caused them. The problem is that Lefty solutions don't work, see above with respect to them causing the problems with other "solutions." The problem is that Lefties don't want to fix the probl with solutions that work. That's how you hit Lefties, not by denying measurable problems.

The right needs more of that sir, and less of the BS we read on her everyday.

Let's be truthful though.

There are chicken plants where I live, even back when I was a kid I remember the local people who would not have a job at all declaring "I'd never work at that place for any amount of money"

well chicken has to get cooked, so these companies bring in immigrants.

The idea that illegal immigrants are stealing jobs from Americans is laughable. If Americans had been taking those jobs to begin with, there wouldn't have been any openings for the immigrants to "steal"

What you wrote is not actually "truthful." I'm not calling you a liar, I'm just saying that this wasn't an example of being truthful, it was an example of being opinionated.

Frankly, I don't see much difference between a chicken plant and a beef slaughterhouse. Here's what happened after some immigration raids on slaughterhouses:

- Fewer Hispanic immigrants are being hired to replace meatpacking workers arrested at
Swift & Co. plants in Grand Island, Neb., and Greeley, Colo., during last week's immigration
raid, union officials said Tuesday.

Local 22 union president Dan Hoppes said Tuesday that 40 to 50 new workers have been hired at the Grand Island plant since the raids.

''The lion's share of those people were Caucasian,'' Hoppes said.. . .

''They're trying to staff up their plants and they've been raising their wages the past few weeks,'' said United Food and Commercial Workers spokeswoman Jill Cashen. ''To me, it's an example that when you make the job more attractive you get a different kind of applicant.'
Here's another story:

The United Food and Commercial Workers filed grievances over the company’s interviews, although after the workers left, the Marshalltown plant raised its starting wage from $9.55 to $11.50 in an attempt to fill the vacancies, said Jim Olesen, the union’s local president.

Under the first six years of the Obama administration the poor got poorer, the middle class dropped about 6% in median income and the rich got richer. Confused about political agenda? Barry Hussein is still the president.

Forum List

Back