🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Has the republican perception of the income inequality crisis changed at all?

It is of course logical that the more people you have vying for jobs, the less those jobs have to pay to secure help.

Logical to you and to me but I've no yet come across one Leftie who concedes this point. Notice I didn't say anything about their level of understanding. I suspect that they understand it but they won't concede because they don't like the policy implications with respect to immigration which follow accepting the point.

This now keeps them in the realm of magic and I really have no clue what they hope to accomplish by pushing their policy favorites which are based on magical thinking. I can only follow Leftie "logic" so far before the hall of mirrors gets to be too much.

However it is ALSO logical that if the existing labor force is willing and able to perform said jobs then there is no need to "import" help.

Surely you agree with that assessment.

The existing labor force has to be willing and able to perform the jobs for the OFFERED WAGE. If employers are not offering enough then this doesn't justify importing labor. That's what seems to be operational now and it's nonsensical. The displaced American labor is not replaced in society, it's displaced. These Americans who want higher wages don't just disappear to be replaced by Hispanics who are happy to work for lower wages, no, these Americans go onto welfare or they take themselves out of the workforce and are supported by family and in either case they represent a net cost to society.

We as a society don't gain when a Hispanic infiltrator displaces an American citizen out of the workforce. Better to pay higher wages to the American and not pay any welfare than to pay lower wages to an infiltrator and welfare to the American. The wage savings don't pay for the welfare.

Of course we're in agreement there, but people do all manners of things that aren't justified in life. Just saying "they shouldn't have done that" is no solutions. THey have done it, so now what?

The answer isn't spend more money trying to deport 12M people. The answer is implement The Real ID Act, and start hammering the fuck out of businesses who hire illegals.

If the jobs disappear, the illegals will go home on their own.
Christ, the new BS GOP only cares during one of their recessions- Allowing the worthy working illegals a green card is only intelligent and just. And a good SS/ID, which PUBS REUSE. Theyll never pass mass deportation- only hater dupes are THAT stupid.
THEY'RE ALREADY HERE< AND HAVE BEEN FOR YEARS> PASS THE GD BILL AND GET THEIR TAXES...Throw out the unworththy. Hater dupes! They will NEVER pass a mass deportation- For one thing, it's Rush/Sean/
Duh, raise taxes on the bloated megarich and giant corporations, invest in infrastructure and training and education, lower taxes on the nonrich, raise the min wage to $10. Nothing will get better until voodoo is repealed. See sig, brainwashed ignoramuses

Guess Who Really Pays the Taxes mdash The American Magazine
Cut the Pubcrappe, moron- Fed income taxes are Reaganist bs, are now less than payroll taxes, ALL paid by the nonrich. Change the channel, fool.

Why are you whining about payroll taxes?
They fund Social Security which also benefits the nonrich much more than the rich.
We could balance the budget by taxing liberal idiocy.
You go on about how the rich pay more in taxes, I show you you're WRONG, and you don't care? I'm shocked. (sarcasm lol)....Totally brainwashed...

Do you really think raising the minimum wage will reduce income disparity? We've been raising it for decades now and it hasn't done anything of the sort.

Really? The gap between the rich and the poor is at an all-time wide point.

The minimum wage doesn't fix that problem - that's an allocation of wealth problem which arises in the labor market place. Too much labor allows capital more bargaining power. Passing laws raising wages doesn't solve that problem anymore than passing laws prohibiting over-eating solves that problem.
Raising the min wage actually makes it worse. It creates a smaller pool of people making more and a larger pool of people who are unemployed.

Do you really think raising the minimum wage will reduce income disparity? We've been raising it for decades now and it hasn't done anything of the sort.

The minimum wage doesn't fix that problem - that's an allocation of wealth problem which arises in the labor market place. Too much labor allows capital more bargaining power. Passing laws raising wages doesn't solve that problem anymore than passing laws prohibiting over-eating solves that problem.
Raising the min wage actually makes it worse. It creates a smaller pool of people making more and a larger pool of people who are unemployed.

That's what puzzles me about minimum wage advocates, they don't see the way their policies actually work.

Work has value. Work also has a dollar value assigned to it. These two metrics usually match when the market works efficiently. It's impossible to sustain a system where a worker produces $10 of value per hour of worked but the law forces employers to pay that employee $15 per hour. The system starts to fail if you also force employers to not fire now unproductive workers.

That's what puzzles me about minimum wage advocates, they don't see the way their policies actually work.

Work has value. Work also has a dollar value assigned to it. These two metrics usually match when the market works efficiently. It's impossible to sustain a system where a worker produces $10 of value per hour of worked but the law forces employers to pay that employee $15 per hour. The system starts to fail if you also force employers to not fire now unproductive workers.
They are unable to think past Stage One. I have made that statement over and over and the only response are more posts proving exactly that.
They think if you incresae a tax people will simply pay it rather than figure out ways around it.
If you incresae the min wage you give everyone a pay increase, rather than many of them a pink slip.
If you make it more expensive to hire people then employers will continue to hire at the same rate, rather than cut hiring.
That if you make guns harder to get legally, fewer guns will also be gotten illegally.
I could go on and on. Virtually every fallacy the Left believes follows that pattern: They cannot think beyond State One.

What crisis is there?

You earn what you have decided you would earn.

Didn't want to get an education? Then you decided that you would limit your earnings.

Decided that you have to live in a certain city? State? Part of the country and won't move? Then you have decided to possibly limit your income.

The only person who is at fault for what they earn or don't earn is the person themselves 99% of the time.
Did you hear about the Bush corrupt World Depression? I didn't think so....see sig pp1

10372739_10152448181687690_8005574073663638986_n.jpg

What the country needs are a nonrich who have MONEY to spend, double-talking dingbats, not bloated megarich and giant corporation and stockholders...

That is total BS, brainwashed twit. Reaganism cuts all that, and voodoo/Reaganism IS our country's policy. The rest is what you get when Pubs start a great depression and obstruct a recovery.....that WAS true in the late 60's, and we had an intelligent populace...

The original poster there is a lie.
What is "the pay of typical workers"? What does that mean?
Min wage workers? Has the min wage ever been reduced?

What the country needs are a nonrich who have MONEY to spend, double-talking dingbats, not bloated megarich and giant corporation and stockholders...

And I'm giving you the way to help close the gap, to make working people richer, but you and your comrades don't want to take that route and instead you want to institute a bizarre tax and redistribution scheme which doesn't actually solve the problem but increases the power of the government.

What do you expect from guys like me after your refuse to do what works?

They are unable to think past Stage One. I have made that statement over and over and the only response are more posts proving exactly that.
They think if you incresae a tax people will simply pay it rather than figure out ways around it.
If you incresae the min wage you give everyone a pay increase, rather than many of them a pink slip.
If you make it more expensive to hire people then employers will continue to hire at the same rate, rather than cut hiring.
That if you make guns harder to get legally, fewer guns will also be gotten illegally.
I could go on and on. Virtually every fallacy the Left believes follows that pattern: They cannot think beyond State One.
The original poster there is a lie.
What is "the pay of typical workers"? What does that mean?
Min wage workers? Has the min wage ever been reduced?
It's being reduced every day by inflation...in 1968 it was $1.60- that's $10.55 now. Great job, Pubbies! and dupes...

Here's an immigration bill...

Close the border, start deporting illegals, e verify and fines for hiring foreign criminals, no IDs , no social services, schooling or welfare....deport prison gang members to their country's of origin, and bill those countries for the favor. In the meantime we can slow all immigration to a halt until the system is fixed. Eliminate all immigration from Muslim countries.

For starters. Simple

Here's an immigration bill...

Close the border, start deporting illegals, e verify and fines for hiring foreign criminals, no IDs , no social services, schooling or welfare....deport prison gang members to their country's of origin, and bill those countries for the favor. In the meantime we can slow all immigration to a halt until the system is fixed. Eliminate all immigration from Muslim countries.

For starters. Simple
Think of all the new jobs that would open up. I'm on board. How about your Lefties, let's all join hands and bring this plan to fruition and then rejoice as income inequality falls.

Yes, they feel Donald Trump is not making enough on his investments.

And I'm giving you the way to help close the gap, to make working people richer, but you and your comrades don't want to take that route and instead you want to institute a bizarre tax and redistribution scheme which doesn't actually solve the problem but increases the power of the government.

We just want to lower taxes on the nonrich, raise salaries of same, invest higher taxes on the bloated rich and giant corps, and use that for infrastructure jobs and training/cheaper loans for ed...What is the hater dupe PROBLEM? You're hilariously ignorant...lol

We just want to lower taxes on the nonrich, raise salaries of same, invest higher taxes on the bloated rich and giant corps, and use that for infrastructure jobs and training/cheaper loans for ed...What is the hater dupe PROBLEM? You're hilariously ignorant...lol

No one takes you seriously if you keep wishing for unicorns to replace cars on the nation's roads.

All you're doing is writing as a means of making your envy-focused wishes seem a bit more real. When people like me show you a way to help you get some of what you desire, you don't want to embrace the actual methods that work, instead you want to keep ranting about unicorns.

You see, I've already agreed with you that there is a problem and I've proposed a solution which will work to fix the problem. You don't want to make hard choices, you just want your unicorns.

Forum List

Back