🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Has the republican perception of the income inequality crisis changed at all?

Do you really think raising the minimum wage will reduce income disparity? We've been raising it for decades now and it hasn't done anything of the sort.

Really? The gap between the rich and the poor is at an all-time wide point.

The minimum wage doesn't fix that problem - that's an allocation of wealth problem which arises in the labor market place. Too much labor allows capital more bargaining power. Passing laws raising wages doesn't solve that problem anymore than passing laws prohibiting over-eating solves that problem.
Raising the min wage actually makes it worse. It creates a smaller pool of people making more and a larger pool of people who are unemployed.

That's what puzzles me about minimum wage advocates, they don't see the way their policies actually work.

Work has value. Work also has a dollar value assigned to it. These two metrics usually match when the market works efficiently. It's impossible to sustain a system where a worker produces $10 of value per hour of worked but the law forces employers to pay that employee $15 per hour. The system starts to fail if you also force employers to not fire now unproductive workers.
What the country needs are a nonrich who have MONEY to spend, double-talking dingbats, not bloated megarich and giant corporation and stockholders...

And I'm giving you the way to help close the gap, to make working people richer, but you and your comrades don't want to take that route and instead you want to institute a bizarre tax and redistribution scheme which doesn't actually solve the problem but increases the power of the government.

What do you expect from guys like me after your refuse to do what works?
We just want to lower taxes on the nonrich, raise salaries of same, invest higher taxes on the bloated rich and giant corps, and use that for infrastructure jobs and training/cheaper loans for ed...What is the hater dupe PROBLEM? You're hilariously ignorant...lol

No one takes you seriously if you keep wishing for unicorns to replace cars on the nation's roads.

All you're doing is writing as a means of making your envy-focused wishes seem a bit more real. When people like me show you a way to help you get some of what you desire, you don't want to embrace the actual methods that work, instead you want to keep ranting about unicorns.

You see, I've already agreed with you that there is a problem and I've proposed a solution which will work to fix the problem. You don't want to make hard choices, you just want your unicorns.

I want a unicorn to , preferably one that shits gold bricks

Here's an immigration bill...

Close the border, start deporting illegals, e verify and fines for hiring foreign criminals, no IDs , no social services, schooling or welfare....deport prison gang members to their country's of origin, and bill those countries for the favor. In the meantime we can slow all immigration to a halt until the system is fixed. Eliminate all immigration from Muslim countries.

For starters. Simple
Think of all the new jobs that would open up. I'm on board. How about your Lefties, let's all join hands and bring this plan to fruition and then rejoice as income inequality falls.
Sound just like a racist, brainwashed pseudo Nazi....NOT HAPPENING HATER DUPE. Try ID card and green cards at least- GET THEIR TAXES.- people don't want those jobs, or they've been here for YEARS. Idiot.

Do you really think raising the minimum wage will reduce income disparity? We've been raising it for decades now and it hasn't done anything of the sort.

The minimum wage doesn't fix that problem - that's an allocation of wealth problem which arises in the labor market place. Too much labor allows capital more bargaining power. Passing laws raising wages doesn't solve that problem anymore than passing laws prohibiting over-eating solves that problem.
Raising the min wage actually makes it worse. It creates a smaller pool of people making more and a larger pool of people who are unemployed.

That's what puzzles me about minimum wage advocates, they don't see the way their policies actually work.

Work has value. Work also has a dollar value assigned to it. These two metrics usually match when the market works efficiently. It's impossible to sustain a system where a worker produces $10 of value per hour of worked but the law forces employers to pay that employee $15 per hour. The system starts to fail if you also force employers to not fire now unproductive workers.
What the country needs are a nonrich who have MONEY to spend, double-talking dingbats, not bloated megarich and giant corporation and stockholders...

And I'm giving you the way to help close the gap, to make working people richer, but you and your comrades don't want to take that route and instead you want to institute a bizarre tax and redistribution scheme which doesn't actually solve the problem but increases the power of the government.

We just want to lower taxes on the nonrich, raise salaries of same, invest higher taxes on the bloated rich and giant corps, and use that for infrastructure jobs and training/cheaper loans for ed...What is the hater dupe PROBLEM? You're hilariously ignorant...lol

No one takes you seriously if you keep wishing for unicorns to replace cars on the nation's roads.

All you're doing is writing as a means of making your envy-focused wishes seem a bit more real. When people like me show you a way to help you get some of what you desire, you don't want to embrace the actual methods that work, instead you want to keep ranting about unicorns.

You see, I've already agreed with you that there is a problem and I've proposed a solution which will work to fix the problem. You don't want to make hard choices, you just want your unicorns.

No unicorn involved, hater dupe- just facts you can't understand., brainwashee. No I don't want an unfair, racism based garbage no one but the 20% hater dupes want....

Last edited:
Yes, they feel Donald Trump is not making enough on his investments.

Are you praying for all rich people to lose money?

University psychology professors can actually do some useful research sometimes.

There have been a number of studies which look at how people react to inequality. Some people are not bothered by it too much and others are really animated by inequality. The researches gave people a choice, they could make everyone in the group $20 better off or they could make everyone in the group $40 better off but some people in the group would get $100 and some even more.

Liberals tended to take the $20 equal payment rather than the higher payment which produced inequality in the group. These folks prefer to be poorer and equal rather than richer and unequal.

How do you counter that type of mindset. Logic doesn't penetrate. It's all envy and emotion.

No unicorn involved, hater dupe- just facts you can't understand., brainwashee. No I don't want fair, racism based garbage no one but the 20% hater dupes want....

^ Does this moron not realize that I FAVOR among other things, a minimum wage increase? LOL

God damned illiterate tards

Sounds as if this illiterate Franco douche is one of these third world shitheads this country has no need for......

The original poster there is a lie.
What is "the pay of typical workers"? What does that mean?
Min wage workers? Has the min wage ever been reduced?

Yes, it is currently worth 88% of what it was in 1968

Oh, you don't understand "real dollars?"
The poster references 1978. So you're already in StupidLand. All wages have lost ground in real terms since that time.
Please, if you wont go away just change your screen name to "Average Bear" because you sure as hell arent smarter than one.

The poster references 1978. So you're already in StupidLand. All wages have lost ground in real terms since that time.
Please, if you wont go away just change your screen name to "Average Bear" because you sure as hell arent smarter than one.

Why would I care what another poster that I didn't even quote referenced? Jesus son, at least try to make cognizant points.

Close the border, start deporting illegals, e verify and fines for hiring foreign criminals, no IDs , no social services, schooling or welfare....deport prison gang members to their country's of origin, and bill those countries for the favor. In the meantime we can slow all immigration to a halt until the system is fixed. Eliminate all immigration from Muslim countries.

For starters. Simple
Well we've been doing pretty much exactly that for about 30 years/ And it's not working.
"Close the border". Do you have any idea what that means and what it would take? Do you have any notion of the volume of goods that flows both ways across that border? No, of course not.
We have spent unimaginable sums on immigration enforcement and its been a failure. Turning the US into a police state is not really an option.
The idiot immigration restrictionists will sink the GOP with their stupid ideas.

No unicorn involved, hater dupe- just facts you can't understand., brainwashee. No I don't want fair, racism based garbage no one but the 20% hater dupes want....

^ Does this moron not realize that I FAVOR among other things, a minimum wage increase? LOL

God damned illiterate tards
So you want a medal for batting .125? Idiot.

Why would I care what another poster that I didn't even quote referenced? Jesus son, at least try to make cognizant points.
Because the oriignal reference was that same poster and that's what you were responding to when you responded to what I wrote? Just a guess. Of course that assumes you have two working brain cells to rub together and dont want to appear like an idiot. Which may be wrong.

[
Because the oriignal reference was that same poster and that's what you were responding to when you responded to what I wrote? Just a guess. Of course that assumes you have two working brain cells to rub together and dont want to appear like an idiot. Which may be wrong.

who the fuck can keep up with that with the way some of you idiots don't know how to cut quotes? I don't read 8 quotes , I read the bottom one, and maybe 2 above it, I never seen anyone use the date 1978.

But, whatever makes you feel safe and warm at night.

For starters. Simple
Well we've been doing pretty much exactly that for about 30 years/ And it's not working.
"Close the border". Do you have any idea what that means and what it would take? Do you have any notion of the volume of goods that flows both ways across that border? No, of course not.
We have spent unimaginable sums on immigration enforcement and its been a failure. Turning the US into a police state is not really an option.
The idiot immigration restrictionists will sink the GOP with their stupid ideas.
The border is closed- We need a good ID and get rid of the bad ones so they don't come anymore. IT'S CALLED THE SCHUMER/LINDSAY GRAHAM BILL, now being filibustered by Pubs of course, - Rabbi said something smart!!

For starters. Simple

You can't be seriously contending that we've been following that prescription for the last 30 years. That claim is divorced from reality.

It appears that you fundamentally misunderstand the terms of the debate. To close the border does not mean that all trade across a border must stop. The term doesn't mean anything with respect to trade, only human migration is affected by a closed border. Commerce can proceed unimpeded. If you don't understand such a fundamental point, then it's no wonder you're misunderstanding so much more and that's what is leading you to bad policy decisions.

The United States needs more illiterate , third world, welfare dependent foreigners to support......

For diversity's sake....

As usual the USMB conservatives miss the point entirely.

Forum List

Back