Have The Videos Given You Pause?

that's an assumption based on ignorance.
Do tell....
took a short training course that police go through, it teaches them to not make assumptions or they will get killed.

And they ignore it once they get into the field

You don't see them drawing their weapons on a bunch of church ladies
you also don't see them drawing their weapons on a care full of black men.

This one had a gun drawn for a bad tail light

That lie was debunked......btw awefully quiet where this case is concerned......must not be going well for black race hustlers

Most cops are good, but it only takes a small percentage of bad ones to destroy the trust that cops and citizens need for our system to work. Instead of becoming more militant and confrontational, they should police their own to bring some sanity back into the situation.
A lot of cops seem to need better training. That OK cop panicked, although why I don't know. It isn't necessarily about race as much as losing control. Or the perception of losing control.

"better training" is good for all professions and avocations HOWEVER---"COP PANICKED"-------<<<<< a normal response to danger-------it is hardwired into the brains of
ALL PRIMATES (and lots of lower forms)
But do you think, from seeing the videos of the incident, that she should have panicked to that extent? There was no firearm. There were three other cops standing right beside her. I think some people (including me) are not cut out for the job. She is not necessarily a racist, just not steady under pressure.
They say video doesnt lie but two people, watching the SAME exact thing can come up with 2 different conclusions based on their personal experiences.
Let the investigation take place and the evidence and course of action play out.
Knee jerk reactions hurt ALL involved.

Most cops are good, but it only takes a small percentage of bad ones to destroy the trust that cops and citizens need for our system to work. Instead of becoming more militant and confrontational, they should police their own to bring some sanity back into the situation.
A lot of cops seem to need better training. That OK cop panicked, although why I don't know. It isn't necessarily about race as much as losing control. Or the perception of losing control.

"better training" is good for all professions and avocations HOWEVER---"COP PANICKED"-------<<<<< a normal response to danger-------it is hardwired into the brains of
But do you think, from seeing the videos of the incident, that she should have panicked to that extent? There was no firearm. There were three other cops standing right beside her. I think some people (including me) are not cut out for the job. She is not necessarily a racist, just not steady under pressure.

I think it is impossible to TURN IT OFF-----it is a hardwired
function of the brain-----think LIMBIC LOBE---prominently ---that damned amygdala. Lots of cops have been murdered
lately

higgs.png

Oh brother....

Do tell....
took a short training course that police go through, it teaches them to not make assumptions or they will get killed.

That lie was debunked......btw awefully quiet where this case is concerned......must not be going well for black race hustlers

The racists among us quickly debunked it.....negro had it coming

Of course he did...how would you democrats advance your agenda otherwise....

I'm a liberal guy who has.....since I was a teenager....known that our criminal justice system doesn't deliver justice in a fair and equitable manner. Still.....I never thought that most or even a significant number of police shootings were things that needed to be more vigorously questioned. When I heard of a police shooting, my first reaction was that it was a good shoot.

I've got several law enforcement professionals in my family...including my son....and I know for a fact that the the profession is not rife with vile racists and bigots.

However, since we have so much caught on video these days...and we see that unarmed men are being shot or killed by law enforcement officers, I've learned to wait for evidence before making the judgment. I am now aware that the odds of a bad shoot are much higher than I ever imagined.

I wonder if any other USMB members have undergone a similar change in thought?
Since the government is shooting innocents what we need is bigger and more powerful government! Doncha love leftist logic?

function of the brain-----think LIMBIC LOBE---prominently ---that damned amygdala. Lots of cops have been murdered
lately
It's ironic, isn't it, that the BLM protests that have morphed into violence against cops, has resulted in MORE violence by cops because now they're even MORE nervous. Neither side is actually helping the situation at this point.

My, my.
Our Tulsa friends prior run ins with the law:
1996 Shooting with intent to kill — Dismissed
2001 Petit larceny — Conviction
2004 Driving while suspended — Conviction
2005 Driving while suspended, resisting officer — Conviction
2006 Driving while suspended — Conviction
Driving with open container — Dismissed
2006 Trafficking in illegal drugs — Conviction. (He was also charged in that incident with assault on a police officer and resisting, but that was dismissed.)
2011 Public intoxication (while in prison for drug trafficking) — Conviction
2012 Public intoxication — Conviction
Obstructing an officer — Conviction
2013 DUI — Conviction
Resisting officer — Conviction
Open Container — Conviction
Failure to wear seatbelt — Conviction
Speeding — Conviction

His outstanding warrants at the time of the shooting:
image-jpeg.90595

His hands are not up and he said his car was going to blow up - as in I have a bomb in the car. He walked back to that car against orders not to do so.
image-jpeg.90596

image-jpeg.90597

lately
It's ironic, isn't it, that the BLM protests that have morphed into violence against cops, has resulted in MORE violence by cops because now they're even MORE nervous. Neither side is actually helping the situation at this point.

yes----it's a nitemare------I do not like to BLAME Obama-----
he tried his best------but black hair trigger rioting is something
he should have ADDRESSED WITH VIGOR

They say video doesnt lie but two people, watching the SAME exact thing can come up with 2 different conclusions based on their personal experiences.
Let the investigation take place and the evidence and course of action play out.
Knee jerk reactions hurt ALL involved.
LOL. You call that a knee jerk reaction? I am certainly interested in the drug screen, and the cops' side of the story. However, certain facts won't change.

I'm a liberal guy who has.....since I was a teenager....known that our criminal justice system doesn't deliver justice in a fair and equitable manner. Still.....I never thought that most or even a significant number of police shootings were things that needed to be more vigorously questioned. When I heard of a police shooting, my first reaction was that it was a good shoot.

I've got several law enforcement professionals in my family...including my son....and I know for a fact that the the profession is not rife with vile racists and bigots.

However, since we have so much caught on video these days...and we see that unarmed men are being shot or killed by law enforcement officers, I've learned to wait for evidence before making the judgment. I am now aware that the odds of a bad shoot are much higher than I ever imagined.

Since the government is shooting innocents what we need is bigger and more powerful government! Doncha love leftist logic?

It's the law of unintended consequences. We're pulling people over, stopping people for more and more things. This is what you get with intrusive government. And these are the eventual results.

Sad. Yet Lefties bitch and whine while all the while demanding more of it. They're completely bonkers.

It's the law of unintended consequences. We're pulling people over, stopping people for more and more things. This is what you get with intrusive government. And these are the eventual results.

Sad. Yet Lefties bitch and whine while all the while demanding more of it. They're completely bonkers.
Can't pull anyone over if they are not breaking the law. So what you're saying is more and more people are breaking the law, and that I agree.

FYI - the Tulsa man parked his car in the middle of the street and ran out saying his car was going to blow up.

lately

I've heard him scold about rioting before, but he has definitely not emphasized it as much as he could have done. I suppose some people in the black community have become so sensitive to criticism that he would have been damned if he did, as well as damned cuz he didn't.

lately

As the first black President Obama could have set the tone for everyone in the inner cities and for 8 years drove home the value of the family unit, education and community service. He never even tried.

WHO is asking for more of it? I believe TRUMP is the one calling for Stop and Frisk and a much more serious police presence.

Was stopped because he matched description of robbery suspect......

lately

I've heard him scold about rioting before, but he has definitely not emphasized it as much as he could have done. I suppose some people in the black community have become so sensitive to criticism that he would have been damned if he did, as well as damned cuz he didn't.

yelling does not help------the issue should have been handled very CAREFULLY----(it was PREDICTABLE based on the
DINKINS experience------poor Dinkins as INCUMBENT lost after one term) ------Obama needed teams of sociologists and
psychologists to make sure the DINKINS phenomenon would
not RECUR

Not even video recordings make them accept that blacks aren't just making it up. The police and media has convinced everyone that videos aren't to be trusted in cases where cops shoot someone....all other videos are trustworthy.

And waiting for an investigation that results in a 98% chance of walking is saying "hey, you have a whole 2% chance of getting justice. Let the fair system work."

That's like betting your home on the Eagles winning the Superbowl. Lol

Forum List

Back