Zone1 have you been baptized?

i have been baptized

• Total voters
I'm not you just think I am because I don't agree with you.
At least twice in this thread you started describing your study of religion for how you searched for God. God isn't religion. You are not going to find God by studying religion.

But what you will find are excuses for not believing in God which is all you were really looking for anyway.

Last edited:
At least twice in this thread you started describing your study of religion for how you searched for God. God isn't religion. You are not going to find God by studying religion.

I said it's where you start.

You have to start with the bible at the very least and the bible is a religious book compiled by a religious authority

I said it's where you start.

You have to start with the bible at the very least and the bible is a religious book compiled by a religious authority
No. You don't. You start with yourself and creation. The evidence is all around you. You weren't looking for God in religion. You were looking for reasons to not believe in God.

No. You don't. You start with yourself and creation. The evidence is all around you. You weren't looking for God in religion. You were looking for reasons to not believe in God.

That can also lead you somewhere else.

As it did with me.

And you were looking for reasons to believe in a god.

That can also lead you somewhere else.

As it did with me.

And you were looking for reasons to believe in a god.
You hard life and can't understand how a good God can exist. I didn't have that problem. I had a good life and woke up one day realizing something was missing. I didn't start with religion to discover what was missing. I started with myself.

Evil oooohhh scary

And I'm far from angry. You are projecting again

And I tolerate everyone it's you Christians who don't.
Yet here you are in this thread trying to convince everyone you’re right like an insecure child.

If the world changing events of 2,000 years ago was a myth, so what? All Christians evolve into better people as their faith grows. They are happier, help others in need, try harder to be good.
Yet here you are attacking that as if that’s a bad thing.

Now why should a Christian talk about their faith? If a Christian really believed John 3:16, they’d really have to hate you to not try to open your mind.

Yet here you are in this thread trying to convince everyone you’re right like an insecure child.

If the world changing events of 2,000 years ago was a myth, so what? All Christians evolve into better people as their faith grows. They are happier, help others in need, try harder to be good.
Yet here you are attacking that as if that’s a bad thing.

Now why should a Christian talk about their faith? If a Christian really believed John 3:16, they’d really have to hate you to not try to open your mind.
Really?

Maybe that's why you're here.

I just like to argue about ideas

simple question
Yup. I don't add a prefix to the title “Christian.” You're either a Christian or you aren't. You either believe that Jesus Christ was God in the flesh and that His Word is recorded in the Holy Bible, or you don't.

I was baptized in a river near Grand Junction, CO in 1988. I professed my belief in Jesus Christ and was fully immersed in the water of that river.

You hard life and can't understand how a good God can exist. I didn't have that problem. I had a good life and woke up one day realizing something was missing. I didn't start with religion to discover what was missing. I started with myself.
Lots of people who had harder lives than me believe what you do. So I guess there goes that theory

Don’t see your posts arguing about Islam or Buddhism in those threads.
Me thinks you believe but don’t want to take that last step of faith.

I've talked about Buddhism quite a bit, I've posted threads on Taoism too

In fact I've said multiple times that it is a combination of Buddhism, Taoism and Stoicism that I have come to use in my life.

And these are not religions as much as they are philosophies.

I've talked about Buddhism quite a bit, I've posted threads on Taoism too

In fact I've said multiple times that it is a combination of Buddhism, Taoism and Stoicism that I have come to use in my life.

And these are not religions as much as they are philosophies.
I’ll take your word.
So what’s the downside of Christianity that makes you attack its beliefs?

Lots of people who had harder lives than me believe what you do. So I guess there goes that theory
But you aren't lots of people. And that logic is flawed because outcomes are statistical in nature. It would be ridiculous to expect every person to have the same outcome. Which means it would be ridiculous to believe that God cannot exist unless every person who had a hard life discovered God.

So... no. The theory is still valid. It's your logic that is flawed.

Forum List

Back