Have you immersed yourself in Jesus's Mercy today?

rightnow909

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2021
I have found St Faustina's message about Christ's mercy SO helpful

I have to admit I was (without realizing it) trying to obey Jesus without... well, without throwing myself at His Mercy... I mean, I kind of thought I was doing that already but I really wasn't, or not too well anyway...

I mean, if you think about it, your sins can drive you up a wall..... thinking about how long it will take on Earth or in Purgatory to "deal with them..." to get rid of them and all their ill effects..

Only Jesus can do that but we have to cooperate...

so I say we need to do this kind of thing on a daily basis... or even more often

Jesus died on the cross for you sins, they are already forgiven.
As long as Jesus is your Lord and Savior
well, that is your belief and it is mine also, as far as it goes

it doesn't go far enough....

=

well, that is your belief and it is mine also, as far as it goes

it doesn't go far enough....

=

EyJPvGrWYAE1mDH.jpg

I have found St Faustina's message about Christ's mercy SO helpful

I have to admit I was (without realizing it) trying to obey Jesus without... well, without throwing myself at His Mercy... I mean, I kind of thought I was doing that already but I really wasn't, or not too well anyway...

I mean, if you think about it, your sins can drive you up a wall..... thinking about how long it will take on Earth or in Purgatory to "deal with them..." to get rid of them and all their ill effects..

Only Jesus can do that but we have to cooperate...

so I say we need to do this kind of thing on a daily basis... or even more often
Where is Jesus, where is God? What are they doing while:
While genocide is being committed all over the world
While people are living in abject poverty, even in the wealthiest of nations
While wars are raging
While the earth and many of the creatures upon it are being destroyed by human activity
While terrible diseases ravage humanity
While racism, antisemitism and white supremacy are on the rise worldwide

When your God deals with these issue , I might believe in her

They don't believe He's the Son of God.
Luke 17:3 "So watch yourselves.

“If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent, forgive them."

That doesn't seem to be the case here.

Luke 17:3 "So watch yourselves.

“If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent, forgive them."

That doesn't seem to be the case here.
Not sure where you're going with that, and what it has to do with the prior posts? :confused-84:

Matthew 7:21

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

While wars are raging
While the earth and many of the creatures upon it are being destroyed by human activity

God gave us free will. The world's problems are of our own making, not His.

It is not in God's job description to rescue us from our fuckups.

If you keep catch a child every time they fall, they will never learn to walk.

Where does the Bible mention Purgatory?
Descriptions and doctrine regarding purgatory developed over the centuries. Roman Catholic Christians who believe in purgatory interpret passages such as 2 Maccabees 12:41–46, 2 Timothy 1:18, Matthew 12:32, Luke 16:19–16:26, Luke 23:43, 1 Corinthians 3:11–3:15 and Hebrews 12:29 as support for prayer for purgatorial souls who are believed to be within an active interim state for the dead undergoing purifying flames (which could be interpreted as an analogy or allegory) after death until purification allows admittance into heaven.

Seems like it.

If you do something bad, then turn up at church and say "forgive me father", does God ever say "yah knows what? No, I'm not forgiving you
Repentance: Recognizing the sin, regretting, and be determine to never commit it again, and replace that action with a better action. Make restitution.

At this point one is prepared for the sacrament of reconciliation where the sin is confessed and forgiven.

Repentance and forgiveness is not just simply turning up at church and saying "forgive me". There is more to the sacrament than that.

Correction (?)

It could be that Jesus was speaking only (or mostly) to Catholics through St Faustina

I say this because Catholics do not believe in such things as onceSavedalwaysSaved and that kind of thing. We believe you have to do the good works Jesus said to do in order to get into Heaven (the works themselves do not save).

so maybe Jesus, knowing this as He knows all... was speaking only to Catholics..

I mean, u can't just immerse yourselves in Christ's mercy without giving up your sins (to the best of your ability), especially mortal sins...

While wars are raging

God gave man free will, handed over hte world to him (Genesis...) and so, we cannot blame God because humans do not want to do the right thing... they have free will

and most choose evil

most end up in Hell.

Jesus said such.. mt 7:21, Lk 1324... etc

Where does the Bible mention Purgatory?
the Bible does not contain all God's knowledge or all that He wants us to know about Him/Jesus... one reason, I say, that Jesus established a CHURCH

but to answer the Q just the same:

there is, for one 1 Cor 3:15

In the OT there is the Book of Maccabbees, which was tossed out by most Protestants... (praying for the dead)

Forum List

Back